[LATER IN EARLY ACCESS] TargetPod Cursor Zero not working?

Shadoware

I created a mission to practice target search and attack with Tpod but if I slew the Tpod in any manner, it applies a delta to the steerpoint.

How can I clear this delta? In Chuck's manual says there's an OSB to this function but its not showing here!

If you cannot clear the delta, deltas should not be included too! Thats a project fail.

If the TPOD does not update the steerpoint location, then the Viper can't make a CCRP attack on a target designated by the pod.

What we have right now is oversimplified and incomplete, but it is functional. You just have to be careful with the pod and steerpoint selection or you can blow up your flightplan.

But the F-16 uses the Steerpoint and offset location as the target for CCRP release. If the pod slaved to the waypoint but then never applied an offset or moved the steerpoint, you would only be able to deliver weapons to the original steerpoint location in CCRP.

When you are using Tpod, the weapon system should only take consideration of that "spi" Tpod provides. When you return to Nav mode, makes more sense your waypoints are in there own position, that is what CZ would do anyway.

Welcome to the Viper, my friend.

It's a preliminary status of the TPOD and it is being worked on.

Improving the TPOD was actually one of few points that are supposed to happen this year for the Viper. So you might still get the proper TPOD /CZ / Delta-slewing in 2020!

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

I think we can all agree F-16 ought to have cursor zero function. I don't know why they shipped it with a TPOD but without cursor zero. But the fact remains that's how it is right now. I hope we get the function soon.

I also agree a good workaround might have been to simply automatically "cursor zero" whenever going from AG to another master mode, or something like that, but that's not how they chose to implement it so we're stuck with this.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Is it? What experience leads you to this conclusion?

Its just a matter to put original waypoints in a buffer or a stack and recover them later and add a OSB menu. If the programmers look to that situation they could solve it very quickly. I think devs have a lot of work to do, but this case is simple.

Is it? What experience leads you to this conclusion?

He possibly thought something along these lines:

class ExamplePlane {
private:
3DCoords[MAX_WPT] _waypoints;

public:
3DCoords getWaypoint(int index) { ... }
void setWaypoint(int index, 3DCoords waypoint) { ... }
}

class F16 : public ExamplePlane {
private:
3DCoords[MAX_WPT] _TGPwaypoints;
public:
3DCoords getTGPWaypoint(int index) {
	if ( index >= MAX_WPT ) ...;
	if ( _waypoints[index] == NULL ) ...;
	if ( _TGPwaypoints[index] == NULL ) _TGPwaypoints[index] = 3DCoords.makeImmutableCopy(_waypoints[index]);
	return 3DCoords.makeImmutableCopy(_TGPwaypoints[index]);
}

void CZTGPWaypoint(int index) {
	if ( _TGPwaypoints[index] == NULL ) ...;
	_TGPwaypoints[index] = NULL; //we have garbage collection, right? ^^
}

void setTGPWaypoint(int index, 3DCoords waypoint) {
	if ( _TGPwaypoints[index] == NULL ) ...;
	_TGPwaypoints[index] = 3DCoords.makeImmutableCopy(waypoint);
}
}

and thought: yeah, that should be fairly simple.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline