Newbie and modules

Hunter

Yea did that mate, just trying to get to grips with setting up controls on the su25 it been I. My hornet yet, red to get my screen res sorted first

I would also encourage you to acquire the Hornet - as it is a true multi-role fighter - in terms of attack (ground and air) and ops (ground and sea). Don't think you will be disappointed.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Yea got the hornet just not sat in it yet. Anyone had any issues with their hotas being on the wrong side in control adjust settings? I mean the stick being on the left and throttle on right? Logged on tonight and that's the way it was, can't figure it out

If you mean that the columns in the controller pages are not in the order you prefer then yes, I have that issue using my CH setup. It would be nice if you could specify the order or move them around. On the other hand, they seem to come up consistently, if not in the order I would have chosen if I could, and so you get used to this quickly. Hover on the column headings before making any changes so that you know which controller you are assigning to the function. And if a change doesn't "take" then probably it's because you are trying to make it in the wrong column.

Yea got the hornet just not sat in it yet. Anyone had any issues with their hotas being on the wrong side in control adjust settings? I mean the stick being on the left and throttle on right? Logged on tonight and that's the way it was, can't figure it out

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Persian Gulf - Hornet - FC3 This should give you a good base to learn and allow you to enjoy multiplayer - in the sale this should come to circa $130.

The biggest reccomedation i would make it read, read and read some more. Both the manuals and Chucks guide. Only by doing this will you get the most out of the modules.

AVOID CA at all costs if you are planning to play in VR - It does not work and all the view axis are screwed up and ED still haven't sorted the binds out. I only bought if for Multiplayer but suggest you learn the modules first before getting involved with the groundwar online.

After that i'd recommend F14, its model is amazing yet less forgiving with not having FBW and does need some mastering to get the most out of it. It also IMO has a higher hardware requirement due to the gorgeous textures.

Harrier is great fun, its getting there, slowly.

Viggen is a good module, another credit to HB.

L39 has a good flight model and a great aircraft for learning to operate a jet if new to flight sims in general.

Mi8 is a beast if you like helicopters with a great flight model, Huey is fun and looks great inside and both are vital on multiplayer servers if they have sling loading.

Lastly welcome to DCS!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

We, as DCS players, often tend to have a bad habit of overselling the difficulty curve of DCS. The best beginner module is a pretty simple choice:

It's whatever you find interest in. Just dive in. There's ample resources to do that.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Congrats on your selection! She is having new systems, weapons and updates on a relatively steeper curve compared to the earlier stages. For things that the in game tutorials do not cover, check out some of the many great YouTube tutorials that are available for the Hornet.

Also, don't hesitate to get into a multiplayer server sometime - you might be surprised at how many people are quite willing to assist you in learning systems and fly with you.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Got the resolution sorted, but still in the adjust controls settings my Hoyas seems to be mixed up,

Stick on the left column and throttle on the right column although it’s not causing a problem it’s just a mystery how it got like that

Congrats on your selection! She is having new systems, weapons and updates on a relatively steeper curve compared to the earlier stages. For things that the in game tutorials do not cover, check out some of the many great YouTube tutorials that are available for the Hornet.

Also, don't hesitate to get into a multiplayer server sometime - you might be surprised at how many people are quite willing to assist you in learning systems and fly with you.

Cheers,

Don

Thanks don and thanks for the help and advice guys

Got the resolution sorted, but still in the adjust controls settings my Hoyas seems to be mixed up,

Stick on the left column and throttle on the right column although it’s not causing a problem it’s just a mystery how it got like that

Enjoy the mysteries of mapping stuff in DCS. :megalol:

I do it with 3 sticks and 2 throttles... Mostly a nightmare. And I'm debating another stick...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I would advice to completely skip FC 3 entirely, and rather get a couple of the study sim modules.

Might want to pass on the F16 for the time being, it needs a bit more work.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.