Viggen Campaign

Jenrick

... We're working on the main campaign now. :)

That’s EXCELLENT news ... its been a couple of months since I last flew the viggen and this will be an excellent oportunity to set aside the hornet for a while :)

Also looking forward to purchase the Tomcat as soon as it appears.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Glad to hear it!

We're working on the main campaign now. :)

There's another one in the works?! Well I am delighted to hear that:thumbup: Keep up the good work, and the progress on the Viggen. Absolutely one of my best spur of the moment purchases.

I started learning the Viggen recently and want to tackle the mini campaigns shortly. Can anyone recommend which one to do first; i.e. which one is easier / most logical: Red Flag or Mjolnir?

Thanks

PS. Luv the tape player. thunderstruck.ogg.

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.

I don't have red flag, so I can't speak to that. Mjolnir is a good starter campaign IMO. It doesn't ask anything crazy of you, and the mission progression is sensible in what you're being asked to do. Now it doesn't hold your hand, you'll need to clear on what switches to set to what when using weapons, know how to turn on the radar etc. However with either the FM or Chuck's Viggen guide, it's easily handled.

Mjolnir is a decent tutorial-like campaign, and without giving away anything, unless you do something stupid (such as controlled flight into terrain), it's relatively low risk and relatively lax in mission completion (ie no failing because you were 15 seconds off ToT, etc). So for me it was a great place to start after going through the training missions.

I don't have red flag, so I can't speak to that. Mjolnir is a good starter campaign IMO. It doesn't ask anything crazy of you, and the mission progression is sensible in what you're being asked to do. Now it doesn't hold your hand, you'll need to clear on what switches to set to what when using weapons, know how to turn on the radar etc. However with either the FM or Chuck's Viggen guide, it's easily handled.

Mjolnir is a decent tutorial-like campaign, and without giving away anything, unless you do something stupid (such as controlled flight into terrain), it's relatively low risk and relatively lax in mission completion (ie no failing because you were 15 seconds off ToT, etc). So for me it was a great place to start after going through the training missions.

I can support Jenricks post. Im my case I started in the reverse direction. Coming from the Red Flag campaign and having 7 missions completed there, I enjoyed the Mjolnir campaign so much, since it has some very nice little features in it (I don't wanna betray them now ...:smilewink:).

Seen from a strategic point of view I think Mjolnir as the second campaign will be very easy if you work through Red Flag first.

Red Flag takes some time to go through, and it is not the easiest one. I remember beeing shot down by a MiG one time, since I didn't expect it to appear (thought the F-15 did a clean sweep before).

What Red Flag really carries is learning to keep the oversight about all aircraft and their jobs, learning the timing for reaching waypoints, terms of flight planning and flying the aircraft in all altitudes. I knew most of this stuff from old Tornado simulation, but it was a highly appreciated repetition. Also, the usage of weapons and their specific problems come out quite well. I stopped in mission 8 since it requires me to use the Rb75, which is a nightmare for me personally). By continually performing all these steps I got a really good impression of how air wars are fought and what is necessary in the Viggen to reach the goals.

Another thing I noticed: Red Flag (at least until mission 7) is straight forward, but the Mjolnir is a little different sometimes (not to betray much ...).

My personal tip for you:

Start with the "wild west cowboy mentality" in the desert for a very intense training, and then go for the "real thing", to the "wild" but beautiful Caucasus region. This sequence might make you feel that it is the "correct sequence of happenings". :)

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I have a problem with Red Flag because for some reason after completing mission 2 securing All ELINT data to my Kneeboard (following procedures noted in the briefing) the mission dosen't show up as completed on the screen so i am unable to go on with mission 3 :helpsmilie:

Thanks Jenrick and TOViper, this is exactly what I was looking for. Grizzly thanks for the heads up on that potential issue.

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.

I have a problem with Red Flag because for some reason after completing mission 2 securing All ELINT data to my Kneeboard (following procedures noted in the briefing) the mission dosen't show up as completed on the screen so i am unable to go on with mission 3 :helpsmilie:

Hi Grizzly, you would have to ask Bunyap directly about this issue, please, as the Red Flag campaign has not been done by us, but by Bunyap. However it is a great campaign and hopefully you get past the issue soon!

Best regards!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Can anyone tell me where the folder containing "the mjolnir response" campaign is located?

because after re-locating DCS to its own dedicated SSD it has resetted itself to Zero missions

completed.

The campaign is found here: "DCS World\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Missions\Campaigns\Mjolnirresponse.cmp"

If you'd like to resume your progress - you *might* be able to correct the campaign path, .cmp or .miz file name (if an update changes it) in "...\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor\logbook.lua"

i.e. paths look like:

[6] = 
               {
                   ["created"] = "Tue Jul 24 12:58:00 2018",
                   ["player"] = "xxxxxx",
                   ["campaign"] = "./Mods/aircraft/AJS37/Missions/Campaigns/Mjolnirresponse.cmp",
                   ["status"] = "Active",

[1] = 
               {
                   ["created"] = "18/09/2013 00:51:53",
                   ["player"] = "xxxxxx",
                   ["campaign"] = "./Mods/Campaigns/A-10C - Basic Flight Training Qualification/A-10C - Basic Flight Training Qualification.cmp",
                   ["status"] = "Active",

[3] = 
               {
                   ["created"] = "07/03/17 02:46:42",
                   ["player"] = "xxxxxx",
                   ["campaign"] = "C:/Users/Ramsay/Saved Games/DCS/Missions/Campaigns/en/M-2000C Caucasus Campaign by BalticDragon/M-2000C Campaign.cmp",
                   ["status"] = "Active",

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I am enjoying this campaign also and it really feels it was designed with care but the 5th campaign mission (bridge target with arak) is crashing my game on exit (5 times out of 5 try) so I can't finish it. :(

Have anyone had this?

Edited by Sharkh

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

I am enjoying this campaign also and it really feels it was designed with care but the 5th campaign mission (bridge target with arak) is crashing my game on exit (5 times out of 5 try) so I can't finish it. :(

Have anyone had this?

It's actually the final mission so it doesn't "matter" technically. We're looking into what is causing this. :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

It's actually the final mission so it doesn't "matter" technically. We're looking into what is causing this. :)

I know its the final mission . I just wanted to save the replay and be lucky with it (so its accurate) to check it how precise my shot was. :D

I love watching the replays because this plane looks and sounds so beautiful to me. Beside I felt that the campaign waypoints and the direction of the flight was designed with care so the time of the day is set perfectly to maximize the immersion with sunsets ,sunrise and nice lighting . One more reason to watch the replays.

Whoever set the time of the day and the locations I must say well done!

Edited by Sharkh

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home