Asphyixiation hypoxia

sublime

Its bugged i think. I noticed your oxygen tank and flow has nothing to do with it. You can black out with your canopy open engine on even connected to oxygen. The game seems to tie it to the canopy pressurization?

Is this in-flight or on the ramp?

If it's on the ground with the canopy open, then most likely your pilot is overheating. Pilot temperature is modeled, so if the mission takes place in a very hot environment (>~35°C), your pilot will overhear and black out.

jf-17 doesn't have OBOGS so when your tiny oxygen bottled its consumed you will go out off oxygen (that's in the case that happened in flight). If happen on ground, its a bug since the first release that happen sometimes (i haven't it since the second patch), you must get your engine on, pressurized cockpit and oxygen working ASAP or you will die.

Is this in-flight or on the ramp?

If it's on the ground with the canopy open, then most likely your pilot is overheating. Pilot temperature is modeled, so if the mission takes place in a very hot environment (>~35°C), your pilot will overhear and black out.

On ramp and in flight.

On the bear campaign (user made) i just flew 40 min. Suddenly i get hypoxia symptoms. Nothing had chsnged. No wsrning lights. Rspidly descending didnt help and i soon died

On ramp only sealing canopy.prevents this. Closing it should be enough.

This doeskt explain the multiple (running on release) incidents with no warning lights nada where id be fl6ing and suddenly hypoxia and death. Its VERY frustrating also on. A long mission

You can also get hypothermia if it’s cold and pass out from that. In such case turn ECS on as fast as you can

I turn ecs on as soonn as engines on as i noticed yoyll pass out otherwise.

Hoa do u turn on heat then? I donttl think this is the issue

1. Cockpit is pressurized

2. Why would i fly 180.miles before the onset? And no ive flown much longer with no issues

3. It seems.to happen A LOT lately

jf-17 doesn't have OBOGS so when your tiny oxygen bottled its consumed you will go out off oxygen (that's in the case that happened in flight). If happen on ground, its a bug since the first release that happen sometimes (i haven't it since the second patch), you must get your engine on, pressurized cockpit and oxygen working ASAP or you will die.

Yes i do that.

Howeber ive most definitely.flown longer than 40.min

I also am.not gettn a warning light

No dude. All due respect.im not a nugget with the jeff theres.a bug here

How else.can you explain sealed pit black outnon ramp.reststt works

(Last night)

Take.off 15.min.in blackout and crash. Alt 10k

Restart flew.mission at 15k and finished. (Checkpoint strike.mission)

Thisnis a bug and is serious. Like it shud be priority

You have heat control in ECS panel

Blacking out can happen from all three conditions, hypoxia hypothermia and heat stroke. If you’re hypothermia you will see stick shaking.

It’s important to remember you can fly just fine with the oxygen valve turned off and/or the oxygen unplugged, that’s what I think is happening to you. It will fly fine but as soon as you go to high altitude you pass out. If that’s what’s happening make sure your oxygen valve is turned all the way and oxygen is plugged into the seat. In the next patch we will have to also plug the G suit oxygen right behind it.

If those fail Check your oxygen tank, depending on altitude you can use it pretty fast, check your oxygen flow light, and make sure your heat is at atleast at default.

If you still have issues you might want to upload as short a track as you can.

I really don’t think there’s a bug. I fly nothing but Jeff really and have had no problems in all flight conditions.

When I first started I did accidentally not turn on my oxygen valve and plug it into the ejection seat a couple times and end up blacking out once I hit 30,000 feet, so if that is your problem I used to do the same thing I sympathize

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Illnasd theres a gauge with ur oxy levels. Itd easy to see. Ivve. Never flown a long long enuff to ger it to 1/4 total

I didnt rum out.

And airborne the engine gases would.be in the slipstream. Going.below 10k and unnpressuring the canopy (still closed) SHOULD and IRL would let flying w.onmask

Ok. Same mission. This legit just happened, again, and i orsered flight to engage primary and hoping id fly dead long enuff for mission accimplished. Suddenly after awhile i awoke at 17k!

This MAY be a G issue but if so somrthings rlllllly bugged with accelersting suddenly and then moving even a little. Because im not new to the jeff, and normal blall outs are totally diff. This its not sudden. Theres nothing u can do. Level our it will happen. And its in the air (not tested) wherher u awake. Normal black outs stopping turns can reveese, the black outs not always ineviteable, and im not doing some insane maneuver. I mean moving at 340 indicated 31k and turning at a 10 degree bank strbrd 5 degrees.

Look guys im not tryin to b a PITA but somethings here

Edit: NOPE not Gs. Just ran it AGAIN. Its the last mission on the userr made csmosogn.. ill edit name in second. I was flying strait and level. Blackout out. After a long while at 25k on auto the pilot just.. died.

This happened 31 minutes in mission see crappy screen

15940506239562843898801802002698.thumb.jpg.d7bc64c9c88939c2c6e5c11716affecd.jpg

Edited by sublime

Its OPERATION BLACK BEAR. I believe last mission - hunt the enemy awacs.

Otherwise awesome campaign.

I do have another way to test - and I have to use release. Thats where p80 helped me switch a flanker squad for a jf17 squad in DCE flanker over caucauses

Im not the type to run 500 tests guys and after runnung the same 30 min sortie from cold stsrt to bug legit maybe 6 times im burnt out

I wont have any *aneceotal.evidence* on the issue until 8 pm est earliest.

Theres something here.

Edited by sublime

Sublime, it’s probably your cold start.

This is exactly what happens if you don’t turn your oxygen on or plug it into the seat. It’s most important at high altitudes, so that’s why you black out at high altitude and get better once your lower in more oxygen rich air. If you do hot start or air start I bet it will be fine because the oxygen is always automatically turned on and the plug is always plugged in automatically by the computer. There’s a lot we can check before calling this a bug especially since this is exactly what happens if the oxygen is off or not plugged in.

So take a look at your cold start procedure, and make sure your oxygen valve is turned all the way CCW and your oxygen is plugged into your ejection seat. If those are both plugged in from your cold start and still give you issues sure maybe there’s something else, but I’m pretty sure that’s your issue, don’t worry about 500 tests, we are all fun no it and having no oxygen issues, so it’s something that should be very fixable.

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

This is exactly what happens if you don’t turn your oxygen on or plug it into the seat. It’s most important at high altitudes, so that’s why you black out at high altitude and get better once your lower in more oxygen rich air. If you do hot start or air start I bet it will be fine because the oxygen is always automatically turned on and the plug is always plugged in automatically by the computer. There’s a lot we can check before calling this a bug especially since this is exactly what happens if the oxygen is off or not plugged in.

So take a look at your cold start procedure, and make sure your oxygen valve is turned all the way CCW and your oxygen is plugged into your ejection seat. If those are both plugged in from your cold start and still give you issues sure maybe there’s something else, but I’m pretty sure that’s your issue, don’t worry about 500 tests, we are all fun no it and having no oxygen issues, so it’s something that should be very fixable.

But thats exactly it man. Seriously what else can I do besides turn tbe oxygen knob the entire way the other direction, than hit the plug for the oxygen and close canopy, then pressurize?

Please explain how I flew the campaign and successfully used SD10s at hi alt like u said to and it worked with no prob? Id think its my setup too - but theres no warning and as I said once it begins theres NO stopping it.

Ive descened to 5k in about 1 .min was still concious. I also tried doing this an unplugging and depressurizing but not opening canopy nothing.

It only sesms that mission so far. Ill try a cold start training mission now; then a dcs mission.

But seriously - it maked no sense thst id only have these issues in this one mission, and with several restarts

Yeah i def been cold starting frm day 1. Its how my learning process for dcs goes. It helps.me understand the plame.

I def am turning the knob in the direction im supposed to ob my left. Im def clicking the little rnd port and seeing the hose appear over the hole

I def am.pressurizing my pit

I mean if it continues ill record a track

And yes im turning that knob once to the left to coool the pit or engine otherwise you go out

Edit,:

Unfortunately it has to be the mission. Ill do further testing but i jjust did PG cold start and flew at 30 k for most the flight plan at 43 i topped out for a few miles (lotsa rime accel) and landed.. no issues..

Edited by sublime

Like sitting on tarmac? Not sure will try in am. It works fine in my dce campaign i just got 3 hornets (ty aeria)

You WILLL go out no matter what i noticed if you dont pressurize. Doesnt matter what alt. Youll get the hypoxia death

Maybe you enabled the emergency O2 supply from your seat(handle behind SEAT ARM, on the left of your seat).

It will cut the O2 from onboard O2 tanks.

Keep this handle in OFF position, if you are not really in emergency situation.

If O2 tankers are empty(very unlikely), you can decend to < 9,000ft, unplug O2 tube from the seat, breathing air from ECS(not pure O2).

Edited by L0op8ack

I didnt realise this was modelled on the jeff, its really an awesome feature.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Maybe you enabled the emergency O2 supply from your seat(handle behind SEAT ARM, on the left of your seat).

It will cut the O2 from onboard O2 tanks.

Keep this handle in OFF position, if you are not really in emergency situation.

If O2 tankers are empty(very unlikely), you can decend to < 9,000ft, unplug O2 tune from the seat, breathing air from ECS(not pure O2).

Wait wait.

Theree a 2nd tank???

Ore just the one where u turn knob (by canopy where ur left arm.is) and then u click the console button by the radio?

Theres a 2nd oxygen bottle? Im gonna look in chucks guide i MEVER heard this.

Every tutorial video and chuks guide says its essentual.to plug in and use the tank im using.

Ill also add the issue disappeared - its THE ONE MISSION in the camp

I have the camp and mission if someone wants.tontell me how to extract that miz and wants to test lmk. Onset usually is rapid like within first 20

Don’t know where you got second tank, at that low altitude you can breath the air around you, so if you’re using ECS air when you’re out of oxygen you’re using outside air basically, that’s why You set it to RAM when your engine is out to use outside air instead of engine bleed.

The source for ECS is probably the scoop above the right intake. Or atleast that’s what I’ve always thought, RAM probably uses the same source. There’s also the old MiG style scoops behind the landing gear recesses, always been meaning to ask Deka about those

Edited by AeriaGloria

Don’t know where you got second tank, at that low altitude you can breath the air around you, so if you’re using ECS air when you’re out of oxygen you’re using outside air basically, that’s why You set it to RAM when your engine is out to use outside air instead of engine bleed.

The source for ECS is probably the scoop above the right intake. Or atleast that’s what I’ve always thought, RAM probably uses the same source. There’s also the old MiG style scoops behind the landing gear recesses, always been meaning to ask Deka about those

but you dont seem to understand. if you do not attach the hose and turn tank on and pressurize cockpit (and the warning panel lights up if u dont) you pass out

I know where all the ram air stuff on the f14 is are u talking about right hand console you click over to the left once or you overheat?

I understand totally that above 13k you start losing conciousness slowly faster higher. i get the concept. however I thought the jff17 was diff for whatever reason

this still does NOT explain that Ive flown 1 hour plus missions using the o2 the way I was taught no issue. again prob is only that mission.

I flew a 30 min channel mission at 30k

several dce campaign jf17 missions 30 to 40 k tank on entire time

Can you sure me where in chucks guide or a start up tutorial where it tells you to not turn on the air or says you only neeed it high? I literally *EVERY* tutorial says use it, when I havent Ive blacked out PDQ. And not in that mission.

So if you can not use the o2 until a certain alt what do you set it to ram air? and where? wheres the knob?