DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

I read Kate's statement in the context of an update for Stable version.

While I was hoping to see some of the enhancements for the Hornet this month, I can understand not wanting to release another patch until progress has been made on the performance / multiplayer issues.

Hope the ED team can relax and enjoy the May Day long weekend.

I thought I read that the Viper would get Mavericks tomorrow. Could be wrong tho.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

• ED Team

Hi all

No patch this week, as soon as we have news about the date for the next patch we will let you all know.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Agreed. My DCS has not been operational since Feb. No rolling back or "Stable" can put all the pieces back for VA/VAICOM(both?) and other growing issues I am seeing. Can't help but to continue to wonder how many new people trying DCS for free, will see the same and be scared away.

I would have figured the way DCS plays it was not meant for VR. At least not on my system. I would have never figured this same DCS played flawlessly (FPS-wise) just a few patches ago..

I guess like many I will come back to DCS... Next week?

I really hope another patch is released soon.

Hi all

No patch this week, as soon as we have news about the date for the next patch we will let you all know.

thanks

Who expected any update on Viper or Hornet this week seriously???

I expect nothing anymore!

Play with the JF-17 and be happy!

We don't have a solid timeline on the next OB, saying that pretty much says we probably won't see one tomorrow. As we put more testing steps in place, you will see patch release slow down some for the sake of stability. Thanks.

Thats a good thing! More (and well structured) testing will undoubtedly result in fewer breaks! Even if that means it takes a bit longer, I‘m happy with more solid and stable releases! Go for it!

We don't have a solid timeline on the next OB, saying that pretty much says we probably won't see one tomorrow. As we put more testing steps in place, you will see patch release slow down some for the sake of stability. Thanks.

No problem with that if we can avoid catastrophic updates like 2.5.6.

Of course it could still happen but in this case you should consider reverting back to the last working version and try to understand what happened internally instead of adding features without patching the issues. It's not like you don't have side effects on your core code.

Maybe they simply have put their mouthes too full.

F/A-18, F-16, P-47D, Super Carrier, Mariannas Map, Channel Map, new lighting system etc.

When then also look at the 3rd party developers, like Razbam, who also takes ages to finish their stuff..

That makes one feel to have only half baked cookies in the oven, and even the oven is buggy (DCS core).

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Maybe they simply have put their mouthes too full.

F/A-18, F-16, P-47D, Super Carrier, Mariannas Map, Channel Map, new lighting system etc.

When then also look at the 3rd party developers, like Razbam, who also takes ages to finish their stuff..

That makes one feel to have only half baked cookies in the oven, and even the oven is buggy (DCS core).

Of course , that's because ED needs to keep money flowing.

Finishing modules or updating core do not induce short term income unlike pre-releasing new shiny modules for us simheads.

But because of all the things that have been hidden under the carpet we are probably witnessing the end of that model.

Plenty to fly, and keep busy until things can get tested more. Good news.

Last weeks patch noticeably improved frame rate.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

From Kate:

„ DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

Since my previous post we delivered 4 FLIR pointing modes which were a substantial task to develop. We have prepared a bug fix update for this week and we are working to deliver the following features by the end of April:

Completion of the Litening Targeting Pod

Dynamic launch zones and AUTO LOFT mode for JDAM

AG radar: Real Beam Ground Map (MAP)

SLAM air-to-surface missile“

By the end of April :-)

• ED Team
From Kate:

„ DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

Since my previous post we delivered 4 FLIR pointing modes which were a substantial task to develop. We have prepared a bug fix update for this week and we are working to deliver the following features by the end of April:

Completion of the Litening Targeting Pod

Dynamic launch zones and AUTO LOFT mode for JDAM

AG radar: Real Beam Ground Map (MAP)

SLAM air-to-surface missile“

By the end of April :-)

Kate said we are working to deliver the following features by the end of April.

it was not a promise.

Thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

so, aren't they coming? none of them?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• ED Team
so, aren't they coming? none of them?

I dont have a date for the next patch yet, when I do I will share it with you all.

I would like to wait for the patch notes to be sure, before I can confirm what is going to be in.

thanks

Sounds more like the timeline was more a goal than a promise. I'm cool with that. We had an update last week and looks like the next one gonna be huge with A/G radar and stuff.

With the slow down in updates they mentioned, hopefully it allows them better results and maybe (I said maybe) add a few things we aren't expecting. Luckily, I am taking the approach of "We get the update when THEY think it is ready.", saves a lot of the frustration. Plus side, I don't get my hopes up for anything outside of the Two Weeks™.

Kate Pederasko said that they will finish TGP features and bring some new features like AG radar (MAP mode) and Dynamic launch zones mode for JDAM. And SLAM air-to-surface missile also, "by the end of April".

End of April is tomorrow and we have nothing of those features. Let me guess - thing has changed again, right?

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Kate Pederasko said that they will finish TGP features and bring some new features like AG radar (MAP mode) and Dynamic launch zones mode for JDAM. And SLAM air-to-surface missile also, "by the end of April".

End of April is tomorrow and we have nothing of those features. Let me guess - thing has changed again, right?

Not trying to undercut you DeathAngel but we might need to consider 3rd party status also. They may be trying to get the kinks out of their modules also. Trying to bring all these together at one time is a challenge in itself. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Kate said we are working to deliver the following features by the end of April.

it was not a promise.

Thanks

It was planned, but as of any plan's very nature, the team didn't meet their expectations because Unforeseen Consequences might happen any day. Software development in a nutshell.

Honestly, when I read that statement, I did not expect those things to actually be here today, but I hoped for. Now I know I don't have to wait another 3-6 months for those, but rather like 2-4 weeks maybe.

As everything is subject to change, expect anything to come about 20% later... dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Wow! You Open Beta users sure are impatient...no updates to the Hornet for a fortnight I hear you saying!!!! How do you live like that!

Yeah If we were patient enough, we would use the stable version for sure :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• ED Team

But it's pretty obvious from peoples' reactions that you have a serious credibility issue at the moment. And this doesn't get better when you keep announcing timelines just to step back some time later, telling us that nothing was promised. Because when you give people a date they will take that as serious. No matter how much you quibbel later about what's a promise, deadline, goal, whish or whatever.

Thanks for the feedback, but if you want to discuss it please do it in a different thread, or PM me, keep this for discussing the patch notes.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4300674#post4300674

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY