[REPORTED] Fps drops when the engine is running

hazzer

Yeah, not sure what is up with the Anton, it has some real weird spikes, these were just simple tests with 4 AI of the same type starting up and starting to taxi zooming in and out to show 1 or 4 in the frame.

CEII also has the same issue it appears.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

• 1 month later...

I noticed the same problem but with FW-190 A8 only (in VR) still.

Stable 45fps (with motion reprojection on): Spitfire, Yak-52, Eagle II, Bf-109 K4.

With Anton - I have 28-45 :( , not stable fps in VR (so its a problem with motion reprojection - not stable fps).

With this FW I have worse FPS than in A-10C, F/A-18 ect. and every prop module in DCS.

Any performance update for this module? The topic was created in .... October 2019 and now we are near January 2020, 3 months later.

Perhaps its a problem of working propeler.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know but it would be nice to see if anyone is actually working on it as many things get reported and stay that way.

If Nineline of Bignewy could inform us that would be great. I am also wondering if the p47 will have the same problem on release.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

I agree as it is a big issue with it.

Let's see in some weeks ;)

I mean it has been around since the FW190D9, been a few weeks since the Fokkers release in 2014 :music_whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

No news to share yet sorry,

The team is working on the issue, it is a difficult problem, and seems to effect all piston aircraft apart from the mustang.

When we have news, or indeed a fix we will post in the change logs.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

No news to share yet sorry,

The team is working on the issue, it is a difficult problem, and seems to effect all piston aircraft apart from the mustang.

When we have news, or indeed a fix we will post in the change logs.

thanks

Are you aware if the P-47 or Mosquito has this issue as well?

• 2 weeks later...
Just to report that this performance issue seems to have much more impact then prior 2.5.6

Here in exemple in VR I just hover in Ka50 around 4 taxiing FW190A8 or P51D. With P51D all is normal, with FW190A8 performances are somewhat halved.

[ATTACH]228678[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]228679[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]228680[/ATTACH]

It appears there are more than just the usual performance issues with prop aircraft this version. Instead we have an overall performance drop, highlights the other performance issues even more.

I would indeed like to know if the future ww2 aircraft are experiencing the same performance issues.

It appears there are more than just the usual performance issues with prop aircraft this version. Instead we have an overall performance drop, highlights the other performance issues even more.

I would indeed like to know if the future ww2 aircraft are experiencing the same performance issues.

This needs to be fixed asap. I haven't flow dcs in so long due to critical issues like this. PLEASE confirm if the mosquito and p47 are both having the same issues whilst in development, as it would be misleading to release them without clarifying this.

Is it generalized? I didn't really notice that in my latest flight in Anton, though I didn't try P51 for comparison. It didn't hit me as unplayable, I'm probably missing smtg

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Is it generalized? I didn't really notice that in my latest flight in Anton, though I didn't try P51 for comparison. It didn't hit me as unplayable, I'm probably missing smtg

It can be noticed more if you have more than one of the aircraft at fault in your view. So if I'm flying on the aerobatics online server for example, at first by myself frame drop is there but not noticeable. If someone else joins and starts up a prop it becomes apparent and only gets worse the more aircraft. Obvs the aircraft have some fps impact but none have this large of an effect.

The p51 is the only one which works properly, as far as I understand it is because the 51 has a more basic prop model

I can confirm. My performance in A-8 is noticeably worse than in D-9 and P-51. No idea if its related to propeller animation or something else however ...

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

It's terrible in VR. There just needs to be one Anton in your vicinity and the fps drop drastically, so that it gets a poor Slide-Show. Try to distinguish a Spitfire from a Kurfürst in this situation....

Is it so hard to implement an intermediate simple prop OPTION, like a different cockpit option, until the root of this problem is found? It's not a new problem either. No fun flying or having someone fly the Anton in the Normandy in VR. It kills the fun. It's the same with the Yak btw...

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

It's terrible in VR. There just needs to be one Anton in your vicinity and the fps drop drastically, so that it gets a poor Slide-Show. Try to distinguish a Spitfire from a Kurfürst in this situation....

Is it so hard to implement an intermediate simple prop OPTION, like a different cockpit option, until the root of this problem is found? It's not a new problem either. No fun flying or having someone fly the Anton in the Normandy in VR. It kills the fun. It's the same with the Yak btw...

Fox

As nineline pointed out it is actually in every prop aircraft but the p51.

We need clarification on if the same issue is going to come out with the p47 and mossie, if so I simply can't buy it

• 2 weeks later...

Just to indicate I am seeing this too, but it seems map dependent, and also how many other AI of similar warbirds are present.

Specifically in the Anton, flying against AI on NTTR not many problems - flying with other Anton's with a bomber intercept over Normandy, and FPS will plummet to 11 and 12 fps.

Only reporting in that the effect seems different depending on the map I load up. So far only tried on NTTR vs. Normandy.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem on HTC VIVE VR on the Fw 190 A-8

Is there a mod on the Fw 190 A-8 that can fix this before officially resolving the problem?

27342a26a61a.jpg

Edited by DAVEY MORS

Основатель виртуальной =2nd Singing Squadron= в далеком 22 июне 2002