Which aircraft are you most interested in?

Griffin

Which aircraft are you most interested in?  

683 members have voted

1. 1. Which aircraft are you most interested in?

• Republic P-47D-28 Thunderbolt
    • Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX
    • Messerschmitt Bf-109K-4
    • Hawker Typhoon IB
    • Focke Wulf FW.190A-5
    • Douglas A-26B-15 Invader
    • Messerschmitt Me 262A-1
    • Lockheed P-38J-15 Lightning
    • de Havilland Mosquito FB.VI
    • Boeing B-17

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, what a selection... this won't be easy.

I do have concerns about B17 lately, as I really want this, but I don't know if I will like it as with DCS this could be complex to use it won't be usable.

There is a point it has to be usable without a bazillion switches and super complexity - it's honestly why I don't fly DCS jets :)

It is true that the B-17 will require a pretty complex AI to fly effectively if you don't have 10 other guys to fly with.

Edited by Vampyre

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Given that DCS is working on 190, I want allied aircraft that can do ground and be decent in air. I think P-47 Jug would be perfect. Next would be nice to have 109. It would be interesting if entire thing released in steps and not at same time so we can concentrate on one aircraft at a time.

1. FW.190A-5 FW... with radial engine!
  2. Me 262A-1
  3. P-38J-15
    -
  4. Bf-109K-4
  5. P-47D-28
  6. Me 410 A
  7. Mosquito FB.VI
    -
  8. Hawker Typhoon IB
  9. Spitfire Mk IX
  10. A-26B-15
  11. Ju-88
  12. B-17

Good list but I'd move the medium bombers up a bit.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

It is true that the B-17 will require a pretty complex AI to fly effectively if you don't have 10 other guys to fly with.

Plus a seperate teamspeak channel for the crew of each plane so the gunners can pass info about the attacking fighters as move from one fire zone to the next!

I voted for the Mosquito, Rockets would be a must!

but you forgot the p51D and fw 190D

I did mention them in the OP and they are out of the poll for obvious reasons.

How the heck are we supposed to pick from a list like that?! All drool-worthy aircraft but I'm most anxious for the Thunderbolt.

I feel you but the polling system doesn't allow for ranking the aircraft, that's why we can only post each our own list in the thread.

If choosing multiple options would be allowed, the poll might not show clear winners.

I would really love to lay my hands on the Mosquito, Wooden Wonder of the WWII, first ever built multirole aircraft :thumbup:

Edited by Suchacz

Even though the 109 has been my ride of choice for most of my flight sim time, I have voted the Thunderbolt, because we have the 109 in Clod (I know that is Emil and this is Kurfurst, bu we don't have any clickable thunderbolt).

I have been impressed by that plane's size ever since seeing it in a museum as a kid. It is one massive monster of a plane! Can't imagine how it sounds when it flies by!

3. Me-262

4. Fw 190 A

5. Spit

6. Typhoon

7. Lightning

8. B-17

9. Invader

10. Mosquito

After that I would hope they make Bf-110, and the Stuka, though I don't know if it had flown in Normandy

Edited by Geronimo989

I would really love to lay my hands on the Mosquito, Wooden Wonder of the WWII, first ever built multirole aircraft :thumbup:

Hey - what about the Bristol Fighter? Used for almost every role there is including wing walking ;)

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

TBH I can care less about the planes.. the Theater on the other hand is what I want.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

TBH I can care less about the planes.. the Theater on the other hand is what I want.

Yup. The core. The core is what matters. And the fidelity of modeling of a particular machine. If someone told me back in 2008 if I wanted that ridiculous twin-rotor thing by the name of Ka-50 I'd say 'Shove it, dude!'. A year later it was my second name :)

I don't think this will be the biggest hurdle. Modeling a four engine aircraft with a complex bombing sight and everything else that can go wrong with these will be very hard especially to DCS levels.

I picked the P-47D-28.... Because 1)... I'm a huge Jug lover... And 2)... I think they need to keep it simple for the first few aircraft... Better to start out with several quick-release single engine fighters... Once they develop a base move on to a few twin engine planes and then finally... Once bigger maps are released a B-17 would be great.

I really hope they have a sophisticated damage model worked out. They themselves described the T-bolt as a plane that could come home with cylinders knocked out... I hope this rings true... I wanna be able to make it home with pistons flopping about and engine panels blown off long after my P-51 friends have had to belly in because of a glycol leak! ;)

I picked the P-47D-28.... Because 1)... I'm a huge Jug lover...
Who doesn't love big Jugs?

Absolutely agree about getting the DM right. Nobody has yet...

cheers

horseback

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Here's your new Mustangs boys--you can learn to fly 'em on the way to the target!" LTCOL Don Blakeslee, late February 1944