[CAN NOT REPRODUCE] After installing AJS37 I cannot control any other aircraft in DCS

jetski

I recently purchased the AJS37 Viggen and have started the training missions, but when I tried The Mi-8MTV2 instant action mission I could not get into the cockpit of the Mi-8MTV2. When the mission had loaded I was presented with the Map view and could not take control, F1 did not work at all.

The unit was listed as "player" RAlt + J did not allow me to take control. This seems to be the case for ALL non-AJS37 missions including training missions. Some missions seem to be in spectator mode with the player aircraft under AI control. The VR goggles option is un-ticked and there are no obvious settings.

I have the non-beta version 2.5.6, and a "repair" has not fixed the issue.

Try starting Mi-8, then exit DCS. Go into you Saved Games folder and find DCS World Open Beta (if that is the version you are using) and then go into logs folder. Upload a file called dcs.log to this post.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

"2020-07-09 23:31:29.690 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: failed to decode ./Mods/aircraft/Mi-8MTV2/bin/Mi8.dll.crypt

2020-07-09 23:31:29.690 ERROR WorldPlugIns: Can't load plugin module Mi8.dll"

Looks like some issue with activation of the Mi-8 module I guess. Since I doubt I can help you with this and I don't think it's related to the Viggen module specificially I am going to move this thread to the relevant section of the forums.

I would try going into the module manager (at the top in the main menu of DCS) and removing modules and re-install Mi-8 that way.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

After comparing the errors in the log file with the installed modules, it seems that all modules without DRM have become unusable. (except the AJS37)Disabling and enabling the Mi-8 did not cure it and neither did deleting it an re-installing it. The same applies to the Mig-21. I have only disabled the other non-DRM modules except for the FW180-D and the Gazelle.

this line in dcs.log looks suspicious:

ALERT   SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest 'mods/tech/combinedarms/dcs_manifest.x86_64' is from a different build

The modules tab is now blank in the module manager.

I think that this is linked to my previous post https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4360312&postcount=8

BUT what is weird is that I was able to fly the Mi-8 after that post until I installed the AJS37...

dcs.log

Edited by jetski
realised link to other post

Hey do you have any antivirus software installed? Make sure to put DCS World folder in white-lists. After that I would maybe not only repair but complete wipe and reinstall of DCS...

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

I don't think AV is the problem.

I think that I have found a solution but don't know why it works..

With faulty modules installed & enabled*, goto C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\<module name>\bin

and you should see both .dll files and .dll.crypt files

rename the .dll.crypt files. e.g. "old_CockpitMi8.dll.crypt" and "old_Mi8.dll.crypt"

The module in question should now be flyable...

One thing to note with my fix (renaming the .dll.crypt files) is that to work, before renaming, the module must be "active". If not, then renaming the .dll.crypt files causes DCS to hang when launched (at the initial splash screen, before the main menue is reached).

A possible cause of the issue is that I changed my account password at about the time that this problem surfaced, and if the DRM is insome ways linked to your username AND password then that could be a factor. I installed the AJS37 after I changed my password) and that has continued to bew flyable throughout.

I have found another way of fixing this (probably better). that is to de-activate the module, then detlete it n the module manger, then go to the C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft folder and delete the remaining folder (and the faluty .dll.crypt files.

When you re-install the module they are all cerated correcly and you can enter the cockpit.

Edited by jetski
ading better

• ED Team

Hi

I have tried to reproduce but all seems ok for me.

good to see you have a solution however

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2