T Flight Hotas X - Question

In other simulators I use the left/right slider on the back the throttle stick to brake left or right respectively. Pictured as "thrust left/right" in image

However, as far as I can tell, when I try to bind this to wheel brakes in DCS it is either set to both and goes from 0=100% regardless of pressure or can only be set to a left or right brake and even then you do not get the benefit of the gradual press featured in the HOTAS.

In other sims I can gradually brake left/right which really helps with landing as opposed to taking my hand off the controls and tapping "W" on the keyboard or applying full brake pressure with the hotas binding.

I can lower the saturation but that really isn't a solution.

What i would like is for DCS to recognize this slider for the axis that it is and respond correctly.

Is this already possible or can it be looked at?

I know it's a cheap hotas but it does the job for now and yes, i should just buy rudder pedals but i have got WAY too many expensive hobbies and they are somewhere down the list at present

1516352509__86.thumb.jpg.55fc4d95ab3940da8ce94010a80459fd.jpg

i also have similar problems with T flight hotas (this joystick).

My settings menu, doesn' recognize any joystick. Since 15 days ago.

In parallel, I have the '503 authorization/ expiring authorization' for all my DLCs... Some times, after login and connecting on-line with steam, there is no prob, but what's going on with joysticks?

I am a single player user of dcs steam ver.

Edited by Lucky_lucciano

i also have similar problems with T flight hotas (this joystick).

My settings menu, doesn' recognize any joystick. Since 15 days ago.

In parallel, I have the '503 authorization/ expiring authorization' for all my DLCs... Some times, after login and connecting on-line with steam, there is no prob, but what's going on with joysticks?

I am a single player user of dcs steam ver.

That may be a steam controller settings issue as I have personally never experienced this i am afraid. :(

Try verifying the game files aswell see if that helps at all.

If all else fails raise a support ticket with ED https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

Hi Bagpipe, DCS doesn't seem to handle what you ask for. However, you might be interested in reading this whole thread.

Thanks for the tip mate, seems alot of work though when ED could just fix the issue though :(

I may go down that route or I may just persevere as I have been until I get pedals.

@mod @Nineline @Bignewy, please can you confirm that this cannot be incorporated?:helpsmilie:

i just have one button to do all brakes. i feel like the margin for error when each brake is controlled by a separate button / or pedals invites error. i like doing everything with my hands. much more coordinated than my feet. especially with beer :D

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

I have this stick and I use the slider for the rudder in planes and tail rotor in helos.

I can't hold a beer with my feet either. :D

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

The stick has a twist rudder function so i use that currently though for taxiing warbirds and older jets it helps to have a hand in the throttle at all times so binding each brake to the slider works best for this purpose. It works really well in cessnas in the civil flight sims released and unreleased