Belsimtek F-86 Saber

Mike Busutil

Belsimtek should do choppers only or at least do the AH-1, Hind and then perhaps a jet fighter after the MD500 Defender.

Hell... even with that time table they might still be the first 3rd party jet release.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Belsimtek do great things, so why should they limit themselves to only doing helicopters? They've done 2/3 of all helicopters available for DCS, so I don't see any harm in them doing jets, especially not the Saber. It's about time a jet is introduced into DCS in which the weapons systems isn't the most advanced and hard to learn feature about it (I'm looking at you A-10 and SU-25).

I'd much rather Belsimtek fill the void of a relatively low tech jet than just make another helicopter, and that's from someone who almost never flies anything else than Belsimtek products.

For me there is no interest in the Sabre, especially when there are so many other jets coming out for DCS. Mig 21, Hawk, FA18, Typhoon, Mirage and the T2 are all ahead of this. Belsimtek found the niche and could be rolling out the AH/OH6, Hind, AH1, Lynx, Blackhawk on a conveyor belt and they all would more than likely sell very well.

For me there is no interest in the Sabre, especially when there are so many other jets coming out for DCS. Mig 21, Hawk, FA18, Typhoon, Mirage and the T2 are all ahead of this. Belsimtek found the niche and could be rolling out the AH/OH6, Hind, AH1, Lynx, Blackhawk on a conveyor belt and they all would more than likely sell very well.

;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

I don't think they should limit themselves at all, they have done a cracking job with their two modules so far, I would love to see what they can do with a fixed wing.

Amen, we need to accept that whatever BST do, it will be a top notch simulation of a top notch aircraft, whatever they make, F-86F or Cessna 152 with some hydras bolted to it, they've got my vote

"If the MWS didn't see it, it didn't happen"

Yeah guys ...

I want an OH-58A, a BO-105, a Tiger, an SA330 Puma, a Mi-24, an OH-6 Cayuse, a CH-34, an AH-1 Cobra ( any versions except the latest )

In other words, I want everything except a fixed wing aircraft ;-( ;-( ;-(

I'm sure next project is already decided and even in advanced state, but It seems I'm not the only one here who wants another heli, and after this one another again and again ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

Of course they can do whatever they want, I'll buy it if I am interested and the quality is good.

But...

Since nobody except Fragger (Bo-105) and that one (Belgian IIRC) guy that does the Gazelle does any helicopters I think that it would be a great opportunity if they did more helicopters. I'm not a huge helicopter fan and I bought both of the Belsimtek products anyway. They are doing a great job with their helos.

That being said.... I heard that the F-104 project is canceled, so maybe Belsimtek wants to talk to those guys and get what they have for cheap and build a counterpart for Beczl's Mig-21..... (yeah, I guess I'm dreaming. Whatever) :)

EDIT:

Helo wish list: AH-1, CH-53, AH-64, Mi-24 from the top of my head

Edited by Aginor

You are not alone.

I think DCS is just not ready for a 2-seat attack helo.

As long as the current transport/gunship choppers do not support multicrew

features it would not make much sense to release an attack helo.

Unfortunately, it is very quiet on this subject... :(

Maybe the plan is after the F-86 is released multicrew is done for choppers? :music_whistling:;)

Yeah guys ...

I want an OH-58A, a BO-105, a Tiger, an SA330 Puma, a Mi-24, an OH-6 Cayuse, a CH-34, an AH-1 Cobra ( any versions except the latest )

In other words, I want everything except a fixed wing aircraft ;-( ;-( ;-(

I'm sure next project is already decided and even in advanced state, but It seems I'm not the only one here who wants another heli, and after this one another again and again ...

;1883201']Belsimtek should stick to helicopters only. They are doing a cracking job with the two helo modules already available.

Type-casting a developer has negative connotations. Let them develop what they want to and not limit them. I'd like to believe they're more capable than being a one trick pony. Allow them to show some diversity in their talent. I suppose it's not their fault you have a limited vision of their capabilities though. They are talented enough to do more than only copters. :smilewink:

• 1 year later...