Will ARBS be modeled correctly?

NeMoGas

I have not seen any info about if the Angle Rate Bombing Set will ever be functional.

As far as I can tell I get all the HUD symbology and calculated bomb impact point without having to lock the DMT onto the target I intend on bombing.

Does the real Harrier have another system for calculating impact point of bombs?

Here is an old video which I'm sure many have seen about the ARBS.

The video does indicate that you can track moving ground targets and flying targets. Now I don’t know if there is any difference between the ARBS used in the A4 in the video and out AV8b. But we should remeber that bomb ballistics aren’t really properly modeled in DCS and that in the real world a close hit would be a kill, while in DCS close doesn’t cut it. And yes ARBS plays a role in CCIP, Auto and I believe loft but I’m not so sure on that. If anyone could correct me on that, that would be wonderful.

I was inverted B)

The video does indicate that you can track moving ground targets and flying targets. Now I don’t know if there is any difference between the ARBS used in the A4 in the video and out AV8b. But we should remeber that bomb ballistics aren’t really properly modeled in DCS and that in the real world a close hit would be a kill, while in DCS close doesn’t cut it. And yes ARBS plays a role in CCIP, Auto and I believe loft but I’m not so sure on that. If anyone could correct me on that, that would be wonderful.

Funny thing is, everyone has the same experience of bombs and rockets being useless unless you direct hit, but if you report it you get the offical answer that blast radius is modeled correctly...:music_whistling:

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

But what isn't done completely, in my mind is the damage modeling for the ground vehicles. Example, knock a Trac off the tank and he's down for a while until the crew can get it fixed. Pressure waves giving the crew TBI and mission killing them. Not the tank. Puncturing tires. Shrapnel in the engine. Shrapnel in the driver's face. This is what the game doesn't have. That's why a close hit IRL takes out vehicles and not in game. In game it's a DP equation. So maybe the blast radius is right. But there is more to it than that.

Funny thing is, everyone has the same experience of bombs and rockets being useless unless you direct hit, but if you report it you get the offical answer that blast radius is modeled correctly...:music_whistling:

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Concerning the bombing system, I know of 3 things that are not implemented properly:

- CCIP-to-AUTO delivery: when the CCIP is not within the HUD FOV, a cross is still shown. Pressing pickle designates the target under the cross as an AUTO delivery target, giving steering cues and automatically releasing the bombs when the parameters are met.

- ARBS moving targets: ARBS does not (at least did not, I don't know if this has changed but I believed not) follow moving target, but it should. RAZBAM didn't have the info before, so assumed it could not. Someone sent a manual describing that it could and RAZBAM has said they would implement it.

- ARBS AA targets: a bit like the previous point, the ARBS should be able to follow AA targets and provide aiming cues. This is currently not implemented.

Lol I love bombing gas trucks and missing them by a bit and have them drive off like everything’s fine.

I was inverted B)

People forget that ARBS and DMT are seperate systems that work together...

The Harrier has a weapons computer that takes information from the ARBS, but doesn't need it to give you a CCIP calculation, because it uses other parameters, like angle, altitude and such, like in other aircraft.

The ARBS is meant to enhance that data, and automatically release bombs when the currently locked target parameters are sufficient to hit when you set it to auto.

Edited by Chrinik

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

CCIP weapon delivery mode does not require target lock. Either DMT or TPOD. It uses aircraft position and aircraft altitude and attitude to continuously compute solution which is then projected unto HUD in form of CCIP cross.

AUTO mode does require target lock, and consent switch (trigger held down) to release weapons.

Auto is more accurate. AUTO mode is part of ARBS, if my understanding is correct. While CCIP and Depressed Sight Line are submodes of INS NAV system. ARBS remembers target position, and allows quick re-attack by providing ques on HUD.