[FIXED] Issues with MW50 usage.

coopes

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all so I took a ride in the Dora on Caucuses map, and the MW-50 issue seems to be fixed, I figured that I would run it till it blew up ... this shouldn't take long right.. well 25 min later it finally quit, and I abused it badly. man it was running bad at the end...I am a mechanic, so it felt like it broke a valve spring or dropped a valve, I was flying along and it was running great then her voice changed ... and it missed a few times, and it just did not sound the same after that.. I was not in a combat situation, so I kept flying to see what would happen...well about 10 min later it was missing and Knocking I was doing 300 at 1.5 and was loosing speed. anyway, well done all on the ED team! I still cant say how it felt flying with a sick engine waiting for it to quit running...

Edited by Andy1966

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

I've had an interesting issue recently:

I've noticed a bandit behind me, I engage the MW50 by pushing the throttle forward, the engine goes to 3250 and 1.9 AtA, but then it coughs (typically within a minute of MW50 being engaged), continues making the revs and boost (3250 at 1.9), no change in the noise (sounds the way it would if it was doing 3250 at 1.9 normally) but it's not producing any power and the aircraft won't accelerate. I can set any power setting I want and it will sound normal and pull the correct revs and boost but it simply won't actually generate any power. If I pull the throttle back to idle it stops outright and the prop windmills.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on there and what I can do to prevent this happening?

Edited by AndytotheD

I've had an interesting issue recently:

I've noticed a bandit behind me, I engage the MW50 by pushing the throttle forward, the engine goes to 3250 and 1.9 AtA, but then it coughs (typically within a minute of MW50 being engaged), continues making the revs and boost (3250 at 1.9), no change in the noise (sounds the way it would if it was doing 3250 at 1.9 normally) but it's not producing any power and the aircraft won't accelerate. I can set any power setting I want and it will sound normal and pull the correct revs and boost but it simply won't actually generate any power. If I pull the throttle back to idle it stops outright and the prop windmills.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on there and what I can do to prevent this happening?

out of fuel maby, sometimes it happen to me on ground while starting up the engine, looks like that engine starts but dont want to rev up no reaction to thottle at all only fix for it is just reslot.

BTW engine will produce boost regardless if it burning fuel or not

Any way looks like issue appeare with latest patch are you using OB version ??

never happent to me in flight

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

out of fuel maby, sometimes it happen to me on ground while starting up the engine, looks like that engine starts but dont want to rev up no reaction to thottle at all only fix for it is just reslot.

BTW engine will produce boost regardless if it burning fuel or not

Any way looks like issue appeare with latest patch are you using OB version ??

never happent to me in flight

No it's not that. I did some testing earlier to see if it was random but I couldn't replicate it. I've come to the conclusion I should just handle the throttle more carefully.

I tried to reproduce in OB with the Instant Action mission "Takeoff". After take-off I went to full power with MW50 ON and pushed her up to 5000 m mostly climbing at 20 m/s. Manifold pressure was always about 2 ata. Oil temperature went to 100 °C and staid there. Nothing unusual.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I tried to reproduce in OB with the Instant Action mission "Takeoff". After take-off I went to full power with MW50 ON and pushed her up to 5000 m mostly climbing at 20 m/s. Manifold pressure was always about 2 ata. Oil temperature went to 100 °C and staid there. Nothing unusual.

are you sure looking at oil temp in my case oil quickly goes towards 130C

coolant stay at 100 C all the time

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

are you sure looking at oil temp in my case oil quickly goes towards 130C

coolant stay at 100 C all the time

I looked at both gauges. Both staid at about 100°C.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I looked at both gauges. Both staid at about 100°C.

its impossible oil cooler uses coolant for cooling so oil alwyes will be warmer then coolant

You are right about the coolant temperature. Strange I misread that. Tried again, several times, climbing to 5000 m with full power with MW50. Oil temperature rather soon rises to 130°C (the last division of the gauge). Coolant stays at 100°C. Manyfold pressure at 2.0 ata during the climb. In two of the runs the pressure dropped as low as 1.7 during the climb, and after some (10?) seconds recovered to 2.0.

But I always reached the 5000 m without any problem. I also flew a dogfight mission against a Mustang with plenty of MW use. Again no issue.

LeCuvier

In two of the runs the pressure dropped as low as 1.7 during the climb, and after some (10?) seconds recovered to 2.0
Might be the threshold in which automatic supercharger changes stage.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

You are right about the coolant temperature. Strange I misread that. Tried again, several times, climbing to 5000 m with full power with MW50. Oil temperature rather soon rises to 130°C (the last division of the gauge). Coolant stays at 100°C. Manyfold pressure at 2.0 ata during the climb. In two of the runs the pressure dropped as low as 1.7 during the climb, and after some (10?) seconds recovered to 2.0.

But I always reached the 5000 m without any problem. I also flew a dogfight mission against a Mustang with plenty of MW use. Again no issue.

looks like supercharger gear speed change occured

yep are are right i climbed to 6000m from sea level at full power mw50 with no damage to the engine but i had to upen radiators a little more after this oil temp stoped rising avbove 130, then i landed and checked if any damage happen to engine ground crew report no damage to the engine. Looks like mw50 could be fixed for fw190d9

if you run mw50 at 1st speed supercharger is giving about 1.9ATA an crit alt is very low so ATA starst droping preaty early

Edited by grafspee