*SA342 BUG REPORTS*

The_Fragger

sa342 minigun has no position 3  in multiplayer

Basically , I go into this Helicopter and I can't select  position 3 at all .    Bug for sure , as I used to be able to do this in the earlier versions of DCS itself. So I am pretty sure the bug got created in the latest beta release of DCS .   

On 4/10/2022 at 7:42 PM, Lineaxe said:

Basically , I go into this Helicopter and I can't select  position 3 at all .    Bug for sure , as I used to be able to do this in the earlier versions of DCS itself. So I am pretty sure the bug got created in the latest beta release of DCS .   

• +1 on this issue. The Gazelle Minigun gunner seat cannot be accessed in single player or MP. I've checked the bindings and "3 - Gunner" appears in the bindings, but it has no function regardless of key or control used. This function is broken and the Gazelle Minigun is now useless. 

Edited by Hook47

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello. First of all great update today but as I was testing the Gazelle today I found ou that the ADF Needle is not moving even if I had a clear Signal and the Morse code confirmation. I tried it in other helicopters and it worked ok.

I love to see how you keep the module interesting and bring up new features and updates. Keep up the good work!

First of all, thanks for the update :-). After yesterday’s update I’m having an issue where I can’t trim the pedals….anyone else having this also? I tried all three options for trimming and everytime they are returning to their center position 

• Like 1

Hello to the Polychop developer(s) and thanks for making a very cool and fun module; really enjoying the updates of recent months!

(Please note: when ED released the latest update, with the unified version implemented I did a clean install of DCS World.)

I do have an issue that has cropped up since the last update: the binding of the X and Y axes to the Roll and Pitch control for the Gazelle.

The issue is that any of my other controllers that have an X and Y axis are also bound to the Roll and Pitch control as well and interfere with the desired controller. To be clear I have gone through each of my controllers and used the "Clear Category" function to remove any default settings, then set the desired controllers to the desired functions. Even though the other controllers no longer indicated activity in the "Adjust Commands Menu" lists they are still actively bound to Roll and Pitch. From my testing of other modules I don't see this phenomenon repeated, just in the Gazelle.

Also, a small glitch of note: the bug "Floating Clip from Pilot 3D model present on Mike variant" is back.

Kind regards,

Tom

My controllers: 

flight/cyclic grip: TM Warthog, connected to Virpil MT-50CM2 base

throttle/collective grip: Virplil Throttle MT-50CM3

Rudder pedals: MFG Crosswind v2

Aux panel1: Virpil Sharka-50 panel

Aux panel2: Total Controls MFBB

nima2014

See above ... your issue may be linked to other controller axes interfering with each other.

Cheers,

Tom

Edited by sleepycanuck
  • Like 1

SleepyCanuck :sleep:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 2/22/2024 at 7:51 PM, MavOne96 said:

Hello. First of all great update today but as I was testing the Gazelle today I found ou that the ADF Needle is not moving even if I had a clear Signal and the Morse code confirmation. I tried it in other helicopters and it worked ok.

I love to see how you keep the module interesting and bring up new features and updates. Keep up the good work!

Confirmed for me too. Tried on Syria and Caucasus, multiple ADF freq's. I get tone but needle doesn't swing.

Hello to the Polychop developer(s),

After reading your post regarding the latest update it became apparent what the issue was with the interference of the X and Y axes when mapping to the Roll/Pitch function. Since there are now three separate positions (Pilot, Copilot and Gunner) I had to go into the other positions (Copilot and Gunner) and remove the axes mappings. Problem solved! 

Regards,

Tom

• Thanks 1

On 2/25/2024 at 3:55 PM, sleepycanuck said:

Hello to the Polychop developer(s) and thanks for making a very cool and fun module; really enjoying the updates of recent months!

(Please note: when ED released the latest update, with the unified version implemented I did a clean install of DCS World.)

I do have an issue that has cropped up since the last update: the binding of the X and Y axes to the Roll and Pitch control for the Gazelle.

The issue is that any of my other controllers that have an X and Y axis are also bound to the Roll and Pitch control as well and interfere with the desired controller. To be clear I have gone through each of my controllers and used the "Clear Category" function to remove any default settings, then set the desired controllers to the desired functions. Even though the other controllers no longer indicated activity in the "Adjust Commands Menu" lists they are still actively bound to Roll and Pitch. From my testing of other modules I don't see this phenomenon repeated, just in the Gazelle.

Also, a small glitch of note: the bug "Floating Clip from Pilot 3D model present on Mike variant" is back.

Kind regards,

Tom

My controllers: 

flight/cyclic grip: TM Warthog, connected to Virpil MT-50CM2 base

throttle/collective grip: Virplil Throttle MT-50CM3

Rudder pedals: MFG Crosswind v2

Aux panel1: Virpil Sharka-50 panel

Aux panel2: Total Controls MFBB

nima2014

See above ... your issue may be linked to other controller axes interfering with each other.

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks for your reply, I deleted all bindings and set it up as a new one…so there should be no conflict between the new choosable positions. When pushing/pulling the stick & pressing the trim button, the white diamond in the control indicator does not move nor does the stick, all remains centered. 

Hmmm … not being able to trim. There is a “Trim Reset” function in the sim … check to see if you have this mapped to something that is always “ turned on”, like a switch on your HOTAS.

Also, when in the Gazelle, there are 4 switches in the lower right of the Front Panel that need to be on as well as the the Trim Actuator Switch, again on the main panel just below the oil temp gauge. All have to be on for the force trim and trimming functions to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, sleepycanuck said:

Hmmm … not being able to trim. There is a “Trim Reset” function in the sim … check to see if you have this mapped to something that is always “ turned on”, like a switch on your HOTAS.

Also, when in the Gazelle, there are 4 switches in the lower right of the Front Panel that need to be on as well as the the Trim Actuator Switch, again on the main panel just below the oil temp gauge. All have to be on for the force trim and trimming functions to work.

All Autopilot switches are on (up position) as well as the trim actuator switch. I do even see the button press on the “in sim stick” when pressing the trim button on my physical stick, I also tried to click it with the mouse but no luck that the trim stays in place. 

I‘ll check the bindings once more. 

Maybe, it is an issue that I’ve bound the same trim reset to the pilot as well as to the copilot (even if it’s not pressed)?!

• Like 1

All Autopilot switches are on (up position) as well as the trim actuator switch. I do even see the button press on the “in sim stick” when pressing the trim button on my physical stick, I also tried to click it with the mouse but no luck that the trim stays in place. 
I‘ll check the bindings once more. 
Maybe, it is an issue that I’ve bound the same trim reset to the pilot as well as to the copilot (even if it’s not pressed)?!

Just thought of something: go into the “Special” menu for the gazelle. There are separate trimming options for the stick and pedals. Maybe the option for the pedals is set to “No Trimming” for non-centering pedals.

34 minutes ago, sleepycanuck said:

Just thought of something: go into the “Special” menu for the gazelle. There are separate trimming options for the stick and pedals. Maybe the option for the pedals is set to “No Trimming” for non-centering pedals.

Found the issue. It was a binding concerning the magnetic brake…..so no brake, no trim. As easy as that 🙉🙈🙊

Thanks for your help! 🍀

• Like 1

Can someone confirm that we still have the issue of rudder trim being added up? I mean, if I put the rudder in a certain position, let’s say half deflection and trim it, it stays there (in game). My physical pedals are centered thereafter, now if I put the pedals a quarter in the same direction again, my understanding is that the new position of the in game pedals should only be that quarter deflection but as of right now, at least for me, it adds up the deflection so my in game pedals are now 3/4 deflected. I hope I made myself clear here and everybody understands what I’m talking about. 

This was a present issue some time ago if I remember correctly, is it still present or just me stupid guy?! 

Good time for all!

Last update broke Mistral IR seeker. There is no more tracking of ground units. Its stil has lock on tone, but after launch rocket goes straight in all kind of conditions...

Sry for doubleposting...

Fly safe o7

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, dggoofy said:

Hi,

Mistral missile do not disappear from pylon after been shot...

Tried with 4 or 2 missiles. Doesn't change.

What you see on the rails are not missiles, they are tubes that contain the missiles. The rubber protectors at the tips open up when launching the missile. Granted this has not yet been animated on the new mistral tube models. You can see the rocket motors from the rear on full tubes. 

• Like 2

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

as mentioned by @Spetz above, the landing light on the Lima does not illuminate the ground at all.

Tested all three variants (attached external views of Lima and Mike, night, Mount Pleasant, South Atlantic map)

It's a small thing, but it was an issue for me recently

Screen_240312_211735.jpg

Screen_240312_211858.jpg