Weird sound??

Who knows what causes this weird (sometimes annoying) sound?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

YESSS FOUND IT!!! from listening to all 105 (!!!) sound files, "Mi8_migalka" is the one... now the question, what device is called "migalka" ?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Weird that I heard that thing then as soon as I switched off my engine (or when I got shot and thus had to perform autorotation landing)

And why does it click every 1000 ms, and not just once?

You're not making much sense. First off, autostarts or manual startups? Second, how about shutdowns - manual or autostop? Third, have you read the Mi-8's POH and understand how the bird works?

Anyway, if the flashing lights switch on the upper RH wall panel is on, you will get the clicking sound and the warning lights will blink if you receive critical damage. And that is how the real thing works.

EDIT:

And why does it click every 1000 ms, and not just once?

OK, you obviously haven't either read the manual or understood how this works, since you wouldn't have asked if you had.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

"POH" ?

OK, you obviously haven't either read the manual or understood how this works, since you wouldn't have asked if you had.
Exactly, I was hoping for replies by supportive players in this thread (instead of spending 20-30 min. in some huuuge manual). Thank god those still exist.

Ooooh, like this? So there is a condensator building up an electrical charge for 1 sec and then unloading it, then the relay clicks? That'd make sense indeed. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/transcoded/3/32/Relais-Finder-12A.webm/Relais-Finder-12A.webm.480p.vp9.webm

Interesting, I'd have NEVER expected a relay to be THAT loud, must be some HUUUGE relay then. Wow, soviet technology xD

Interesting, I'd have NEVER expected a relay to be THAT loud, must be some HUUUGE relay then. Wow, soviet technology xD

Never heared the indicator/blinker relay in a car clicking?

(ok, nowadays the sound may just be an artificial, carefully designed sound, but in older cars that click-clack is a relay ^^)

Never heared the indicator/blinker relay in a car clicking?

(ok, nowadays the sound may just be an artificial, carefully designed sound, but in older cars that click-clack is a relay ^^)

yep I know

They're supposed to be that loud. The clicking with the blinking lights is the audio cue to add to the visual flashing cue that something is wrong. Think of the flashing light/clicking combination as the Mi-8 version of a Master Caution.

You're flying along, you hear the clicking, you start looking for flashing lights in the cockpit. You find them, see what they say, and address the problem.

It's the same as getting a beeping with an amber (or red) Master Caution light in a Mirage or A-10 or F-18, etc.

Interesting. I'd have expected the clicking sound to be accompanied by a flashing cue on the pilots instrument panel.

ah interesting. I wonder why the Mi-8 designers put that lamp on the right shoulder of the co-pilot though.

Yep, still I guess most reality scenarios see the Mi-8 as transport without weapons, but in DCS PvP ofc. it's always wise to bring in weapons.

You can set the warning lights to either blink or remain steady. It's the rightmost switch on the lighting panel (co-pilot side, right-shoulder panel, bottom one where you also set nav lights, formation lights and so on, the rightmost switch is called Flash and makes your warning lights flash instead of steady).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Thanks

As mentioned before it is a part of the alarm system and it is loud.

I can hear that clacking alarm sound when the world just seems to be full of hate and pain..... it is there trying to push its way out of the nightmare I suddenly found myself.

A sound of meaning in a world of hate... Clack.... Clack.... Clack!

Thank god for good design.... Clack.... Clack.... Clack!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 1 month later...

I never asked what POH means...