Poor airport object quality

hazzer

Poor? ... come on, the Map was updated for free a year ago ... and it is so easy to make the airbases look good with a couple of Mods:

xyrscB3.jpg

7sNZZjv.jpg

v3AJhQG.jpg

71FUy4e.jpg

HY6ejvE.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yes the buildings around the airport look very poor and are still flaming cliffs era buildings. I'm not talking about adding more models, just replacing the old ones. You have missed the point. Unless there is a mod to replace the hanger, has and atc tower on your screenshots that doesn't help.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Yes the buildings around the airport look very poor and are still flaming cliffs era buildings. I'm not talking about adding more models, just replacing the old ones. You have missed the point.

maybe I missed the point, but I'd rather have ED spending man-hours on fixing more significant issues than just aesthetics.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I do love how some use the term “need”, when the actually meant to say “can I have this please”.

As it happens, I’m with Rudels, and would rather ED focus on the more critical elements first like game performance, Vulkan, multi crew etc.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I do love how some use the term “need”, when the actually meant to say “can I have this please”.

As it happens, I’m with Rudels, and would rather ED focus on the more critical elements first like game performance, Vulkan, multi crew etc.

Particularly as higher fidelity and more objects modeled would decrease performance .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Objects around the airports need updating. The atc towers, the hangers, the hardened aircraft shelters.

I’m with ya. Aesthetics are important for immersion. And it’s not an all or nothing thing like some people throw out there. The multi crew code guys don’t work on the game textures and vice versa, so it’s not splitting resources. They have dedicated graphics folks. I think the OP was just saying he thinks some of the older textures that haven’t been upgraded to 2019 standards could use a little love in his opinion. And i concur. Though I’m sure ED realizes this as well, it never hurts to let them know what their customer base is interested in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

I’m with ya. Aesthetics are important for immersion. And it’s not an all or nothing thing like some people throw out there. The multi crew code guys don’t work on the game textures and vice versa, so it’s not splitting resources. They have dedicated graphics folks. I think the OP was just saying he thinks some of the older textures that haven’t been upgraded to 2019 standards could use a little love in his opinion. And i concur. Though I’m sure ED realizes this as well, it never hurts to let them know what their customer base is interested in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly that! Looking at some of the objects then comparing them to the newer equivilant on the Persian gulf and Nevada map there is a big difference, this is what people see when they play dcs for the first time! Most of the objects In the Caucasus map are from the days of lock on and have not changed at all, the map was updated last year but that was the mesh and making it work with 2.5 no other upgrades really.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals