VR headsets

blackvette702

For now my advice the oculus rift, maybe in 2019 a new contender. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

VR headsets

I’ve owned the Rift CV1 and now the Odyssey+.

The Odyssey+ is better in every way except for the comfort of the headset.

I have a Pimax 5K+ coming as well, but have not had a chance to test one out to comment. I believe, based on many reviews I’ve read/watched, that it will be the first true Gen 2 HMD though. If you can afford the hardware to drive it, it’s the way to go. Gen 1 stuff will seem clearly inferior due to the lack of FOV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I'm still new to DCS. What is a good VR Headset system for use with DCS?

I had a Rift and really enjoyed it, but then I bought a Vive Pro which is superior in almost all ways, in my opinion, from the higher resolution, to the build quality and comfort.

HOWEVER, would I recommend anyone to spend £1200 on it compared to around £400 on the Rift? No, I wouldn't. Still, if you have the means, then I would recommend going for it!

The Pimax 5k+ looks interesting, but let's wait and see a lot more user reviews when it hits the ground properly. There are concerns about the company itself, the reproduction of colours and some other niggles.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I've had the Oculus Rift CV1 since mid 2016 and I love it. Added the Oculus Touch recently and love it even more. The thing is bullet-proof, works in all lighting conditions with flawless head and hand tracking, and just goes to work right out of the box.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Oculus Rift with Touch for me.

Absolutely love it and would not game without it.

I won't upgrade till a new true Generation 2 product comes, hopefully from Oculus.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I use a Lenovo Explorer WMR and really like it. It doesn't need any external sensors for use in DCS so you just have the headset to hook up. And it only costs $118 on Amazon right now. I will never go back to a monitor now.

Edited by Sparky1b09

I use a Lenovo Explorer WMR and really like it. It doesn't need any external sensors for use in DCS so you just have the headset to hook up. And it only costs $118 on Amazon right now. I will never go back to a monitor now.

Me too ^

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

I have the Asus WMR and I gave my TrackIR to my best friend for playing Elite: Dangerous (and hopefully to multi-crew in DCS: F-14B one day) because there's no comparison for immersion.

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

the lenovo is really a great headset for its price.

I have it as well, but i use dcs both in vr and on monitor...it depends

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

PS ...The Lenovo is great if you have an IPD of around 62-64 as it's a fixed headset .......If your eyes are set like a shrunken head or like a hammer head shark it may not work for you,,,,

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

I had the HP version which was decent for the price ($220) and recently bought the odyessy+ when samsung had it on sale for $300. The samsung blows away the HP as related to screen quality and colors. Manual IPD was a key feature that made screens and sweetspot much better as well.

I7-6700k @ 4.5ghz

Gigabyte gaming 3 motherboard

32gb 3000hz ddr4

EVGA 2080ti black w/ hydrocopper water cooling

360mm custom water cooled loop for CPU and Vid card

500mb nvme ssd

256mb sata ssd

2gb hdd

Samsung Odyessy +

TM warthog stick & throttle

MS ff2 stick

Samsung Odyssey+ is better than the Rift, Vive, Vive Pro and Original Odyssey.

I was going to buy the SO+ on Black Friday sale in the U.S and ship to Europe, but there are conflicting reports as to blurriness and comfort etc. I decided to stay with the rift and wait for CV2. With all these different reviews it`s makes the decision to buy less of a dead cert. For some reason the SO/SO+ are not available in the EU, possibly due to stronger consumer rights here, and they are weary of returns. It strikes me that Samsung don`t have sufficient confidence in that product, especially when you can buy every other of their products in Europe without issue.

I was going to buy the SO+ on Black Friday sale in the U.S and ship to Europe, but there are conflicting reports as to blurriness and comfort etc. I decided to stay with the rift and wait for CV2. With all these different reviews it`s makes the decision to buy less of a dead cert. For some reason the SO/SO+ are not available in the EU, possibly due to stronger consumer rights here, and they are weary of returns. It strikes me that Samsung don`t have sufficient confidence in that product, especially when you can buy every other of their products in Europe without issue.

Same in Canada.

Possibly a lot of returns are due to people prone to motion sickness or finding their pc inadequate ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I returned my Samsung Odyssey due to poor fit, poor build quality, and barely functional hand controllers. It had other issues with basic functionality that are addressed in numerous threads on this forum through workarounds and tweaks. From the looks of other threads here, it looks like the same workarounds and tweaks apply to the +. When I buy a consumer-grade product, I'm not going to be spending my time making it work as advertised. It didn't work as advertised, so I returned it. I'll wait for the CV2 also. Very disappointing, since I have so many other Samsung products that are of impeccable quality.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

When I had the Odyssey, lighting had a lot to do with accuracy. So I'm sure there was a lot of environmental factors at play.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1