TDC cursor using Warthog Slew - a quick guide using TARGET

I just knocked up a quick guide on setting up the Warthog throttle cursor as the TDC Slew. Works for me so I thought I'd share.

You need to use the TARGET software. For those that haven't used it, it's quite powerful, but setting this up is quite simple.

Here's my guide in Google Docs.

Apologies for the quality .. I literally just got in from work and quickly made the doc. But hopefully it'll be of some use until ED add in a proper slew axis.

Hopefully I haven't forgotten any steps but please let me know if there are any problems with it. If someone with a great YouTube voice (RedKite? Crash Laobi? you there??) then a video would be much better!

Edited by epoch
typo

+1

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

+10

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

And heres a target script version :thumbup:

KeyAxis(&Throttle, SCX, 0,AXMAP2(LIST(0,10,90,100),',',0,'/'));

KeyAxis(&Throttle, SCY, 0,AXMAP2(LIST(0,10,90,100),';',0,'.'));

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

One thing i forgot to mention is that when running the profile, it might duplicate some of the flight control axes, possibly causing control weirdness. This is because when using a TARGET profile it creates a virtual copy of the controller. If you experience this just delete the duplicate mappings in your control setup in game.

And heres a target script version :thumbup:

Nice, thanks.:thumbup:

If I use the TARGET software for the TDC, does that mean I will have re do all my bindings within DCS for all my other aircraft like the F-15 and A-10C ?

Not at all. All the TARGET profile is doing is intercepting the keystrokes that you've configured (the 4 TDC directions). All other controls are untouched.

If you look in your control options in game (once the profile is running) you'll see a Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller. This is the device that's doing the TDC stuff. Your other controls for your throttle and stick are unaffected.

However, like I said in my previous post just make sure there are no axes bound to the Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller. If there are, just delete them so they don't conflict with your proper axes.

Not at all. All the TARGET profile is doing is intercepting the keystrokes that you've configured (the 4 TDC directions). All other controls are untouched.

If you look in your control options in game (once the profile is running) you'll see a Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller. This is the device that's doing the TDC stuff. Your other controls for your throttle and stick are unaffected.

However, like I said in my previous post just make sure there are no axes bound to the Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller. If there are, just delete them so they don't conflict with your proper axes.

Hi,

Not sure if this is working for me. I don't use Target normally, .. and just assign the bindings directly in DCS.

After running this profile, .. my Throttle is now Combined, .. and all my DCS bindings for the Throttle are gone.

Not only that, .. but, I can't assign any switch or button to any keystroke .. i.e. doesn't register on the Combined Throttle.

I can re-assign the axis commands ok, .. i.e. Throttles and Slider, .. but, no keystrokes.

Once I stop the profile, everything is back to normal.

Any advice?

Thanks

Cheers

Tom

Edited by Thomasew

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Hi,

After running this profile, .. my Throttle is now Combined, .. and all my DCS bindings for the Throttle are gone.

Not only that, .. but, I can't assign any switch or button to any keystroke .. i.e. doesn't register on the Combined Throttle.

Same here :(

I can say for sure that it does work ... I'm using it!

With the profile running you'll have two throttle controllers listed in DCS control options. One is the virtual controller which should have no assignments whatsoever. This controller is there just to intercept the keypresses and pass them to the warthog's axis. The other controller is your usual controller with all your mappings as normal. You might need to scroll right to see the controller if you have several controllers connected.

Sorry can't be of more assistance at the moment. I'm on the road and not due back until tonight but hopefully someone else can chip in.

Edited by epoch

you'll have two throttle controllers listed in DCS control options. One is the virtual controller which should have no assignments whatsoever. ....... You might need to scroll right to see the controller if you have several controllers connected.

No, I definitely only have the Thrustmaster Combinred. My normal Thrustmaster throttle does not appear at all. I have tried to scrol to the right but there is nothing there.

Same with me.

Found out that the hardware itself was deactivated in the device manager (primary suspect is the Target Software).

After manually activating it, it showed up in the game options again

Edited by sharkfin61
typo

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

Same with me.

Found out that the hardware itself was deactivated in the device manager (primary suspect is the Target Software).

After manually activating it, it showed up in the game options again

Yes that fixed it. Thanks very much.

Must be the target software.

Yes that fixed it. Thanks very much.

Must be the target software.

Yes, the Target software disables the Warthog throtte (USB disconnect sound). This prompted me, for the first time, to actually program the throttle though the target software, buttons and all. I now have the three way flaps, exterior lights on a three way etc. Never played with Target before, didn't realise it was so easy:thumbup:

Yes, the Target software disables the Warthog throtte (USB disconnect sound). This prompted me, for the first time, to actually program the throttle though the target software, buttons and all. I now have the three way flaps, exterior lights on a three way etc. Never played with Target before, didn't realise it was so easy:thumbup:

Can you use modifiers with TARGET? For example I have the paddle switch on my joystick which I use as a modifier. In the DCS controls page I can then use this modifier with any other switch to effectively double the number of commands available.

Can TARGET do this ?

Can you use modifiers with TARGET? For example I have the paddle switch on my joystick which I use as a modifier. In the DCS controls page I can then use this modifier with any other switch to effectively double the number of commands available.

Can TARGET do this ?

It can do that and much more including timed holds on switches that trigger a different action.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.