DCS off-line mode

frodrigues2016

Hi to all...Soon i will be losing internet access i would like to know what exacly is DCS off-line mode and will i be able to continue to buy DCS products....thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

You can use the offline mode to stay offline as long as you want to, but you will have to come online to buy/activate and download new modules.

More info here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=207670

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You can use the offline mode to stay offline as long as you want to, but you will have to come online to buy/activate and download new modules.

More info here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=207670

nice tip thanks but i need more concrete actions..i bought on pre- order the F-14 and i do not have more money to net access

and i have bought almost every plane. map and campaing on DCS i would like that DCS could work off-line in a manner that customers could by products

has they were online maybe DCS could create a on-demand net access with costs supported on their products.

Edited by frodrigues2016

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

nice tip thanks but i need more concrete actions..i bought on pre- order the F-14 and i do not have more money to net access

and i have bought almost every plane. map and campaing on DCS i would like that DCS could work off-line in a manner that customers could by products

has they were online maybe DCS could create a on-demand net access with costs supported on their products.

But you will need to download the F-14 when it gets released and for that you will need to be online. There's nothing ED could do about that. They're not gonna start sending out updates on a disk...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

i would like that DCS could work off-line in a manner that customers could by products

In what fantasy world are you living in ?

Why would they do that ? Does any game seller ever did that ?

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

net access

Hi...i forgot to tell you that my house has a Hot Point net access free from the ISP...can i buy and activate products on DCS this way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

could they not be downloaded in a free net café or something then added to dcs? just wondering

No. DCS has to be installed, and running, on the machine that initiates the download.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

No. DCS has to be installed, and running, on the machine that initiates the download.

Which means it would work if you run DCS on a notebook ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hi...i forgot to tell you that my house has a Hot Point net access free from the ISP...can i buy and activate products on DCS this way.

As long as the Hotspot is not restricted by the provider, it is "internet" connection.

You can try before to connect over the Hotspot and if you can see the serverlist on multi-player, the chances are pretty high you can download the F-14. Keep in mind it is likely a very huuuge download and a shared Hotspot isn't very fast.

Same for any future updates.

Offline mode really is an offline mode, implemented to let you play the game for a holiday trip, or period of downtime, but it naturally can't circumvent a missing internet connection.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

As long as the Hotspot is not restricted by the provider, it is "internet" connection.

You can try before to connect over the Hotspot and if you can see the serverlist on multi-player, the chances are pretty high you can download the F-14.

He won't see the servers if he is on an outdated version thogh.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Which means it would work if you run DCS on a notebook ;)

Of course. DCS does not even have to run well, it just has to run.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

He won't see the servers if he is on an outdated version thogh.
That's why I said before he has no more internet at home. He can also try a trace route to the http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com and see if that checks out.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all...i decided to keep my internet connection although i am a little short of cash

thanks for all your comments on this issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]