Questions to ED regarding A-10C update

prof_laser

With the update, would it be possible to make data cartdrige fully editable outside the sim or in a dedicated GUI?

I.E. CDU, flight plans, radio presets, countermeasures, and so on?

( I don't mean on a per-mission basis but a pilot custom cartdrige)

I'm perfectly happy with the aircraft we have, it's plenty capable, they're never going to update the suite, so just stop asking about it. I'm just hoping someone will address the two year old thread discussing the very unreliable detection of MANPADS by the MLWS.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

With the update, would it be possible to make data cartdrige fully editable outside the sim or in a dedicated GUI?

I.E. CDU, flight plans, radio presets, countermeasures, and so on?

( I don't mean on a per-mission basis but a pilot custom cartdrige)

This is the kind of thing that DCS needs. Features, customizable items, without the need of .lua.

We don’t want ED to spend time and resources on updating legacy products that are already best in class.

We bought a product that delivers what it said to a much higher standard than many AAA titles ever do, if they spend any time updating the suite it’s taking time away from new aircraft and simulator functionality such as new maps, improved AI, Dynamic Campaign, underwater environment, performance tweaks.......

We don’t want ED to spend time and resources on updating legacy products that are already best in class.

We bought a product that delivers what it said to a much higher standard than many AAA titles ever do, if they spend any time updating the suite it’s taking time away from new aircraft and simulator functionality such as new maps, improved AI, Dynamic Campaign, underwater environment, performance tweaks.......

Who are ”we”?

As far as as I’m concerned they can cancel all upcoming modules and focus everthing on a suite update for the A-10C.

Speak for yourself. A suite upgrade is almost certain to not happening but I’d pay an upgrade fee for suite 7 plus or higher.

As to the hope for an MDC planner option, ED said they weren’t doing it for the Hornet so you can bet they won’t do it for the A-10C

I'm perfectly happy with the aircraft we have, it's plenty capable, they're never going to update the suite, so just stop asking about it. I'm just hoping someone will address the two year old thread discussing the very unreliable detection of MANPADS by the MLWS.

I would think that the passive nature of MANPADs would make unreliable detection by the MLWS a realistic feature. The exact workings of the countermeasures systems are a closely guarded secret, of course, so all anybody here can do is guess on that. Just seems like automatic detection of a missile using passive guidance isn't going to be a sure thing.

I'd love to see more capabilities added to the A-10C in the way of suite upgrades. The addition of JHMCS would be fantastic! They already have such a good foundation to build on, and I would also happily pay to see it happen. I've played around with a lot of the other modules, but the depth of the A-10C keeps me coming back to it.

Edited by eaglecash867

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Since we know we won't have a new suite, even if f/a-18 and f-16 will be a more modern iteration then the a-10c, is it possible to focus on the planned update? NineLine have just said they wait the new cockpit to fix bugs, and this makes sense cause maybe the new cockpit can fix some issues by itself (i.e. lightings), but maybe can't fix some others (i.e. some CDU pages) that will be addressed later. Can we have a time schedule, at least for the cockpit update? A-10c (and Ka-50) updates were initially expected by the end of 2018, then have been delayed. March? This summer? I'm waiting for them to get back the a-10c from the hangar again (and please ED do not forget ka-50, it needs the update way more than the a-10).

I think what we are being told is that “update” is generous here. The product is considered complete, but has recently been neglected and broken. So theyll unbreak what they broke but other than that we should not expect any advancement of the A-10.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

I think what we are being told is that “update” is generous here. The product is considered complete, but has recently been neglected and broken. So theyll unbreak what they broke but other than that we should not expect any advancement of the A-10.

The product is far from being broken! The modell looks a bit dated and there are some very minor issues (mostly lighting issues), but overall it works much better than pretty much all other modules we have in DCS.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I would think that the passive nature of MANPADs would make unreliable detection by the MLWS a realistic feature. The exact workings of the countermeasures systems are a closely guarded secret, of course, so all anybody here can do is guess on that. Just seems like automatic detection of a missile using passive guidance isn't going to be a sure thing.

I'd love to see more capabilities added to the A-10C in the way of suite upgrades. The addition of JHMCS would be fantastic! They already have such a good foundation to build on, and I would also happily pay to see it happen. I've played around with a lot of the other modules, but the depth of the A-10C keeps me coming back to it.

Just a small tought. The MLWS is also a passive system. It just detects a IR surge and warns the pilot about it. It should detect the MANPADS the same way it detects the Strelas.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The product is far from being broken! The modell looks a bit dated and there are some very minor issues (mostly lighting issues), but overall it works much better than pretty much all other modules we have in DCS.

Both of you are in some way right: A-10c still works much better than other modules, but since 2.5 It has been neglected and broken, compared to what we had in 1.5.8. All I ask or expect Is nothing more than a fix of what they broke, but since they broke It quite a long time ago I also think it's time to fix It earlier than now.

Just a small tought. The MLWS is also a passive system. It just detects a IR surge and warns the pilot about it. It should detect the MANPADS the same way it detects the Strelas.

I've had lots of Strelas shot at me that didn't trigger the MLWS. I picked them up myself by keeping my head on a swivel. Of course the MLWS is a passive system, I wasn't suggesting otherwise. I was talking about the guidance method of the missiles. The MLWS is relying on optical detection of the missile launch and is only going to be as good as the line-of-sight between the sensor and the launcher. It isn't a guarantee that its going to work every time. A radar guided missile system, on the other hand, is going to be emitting a radar signal that leaves no doubt that something has been fired at you or someone else. :D

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Who are ”we”?

As far as as I’m concerned they can cancel all upcoming modules and focus everthing on a suite update for the A-10C.

Yes, with that kind of approach you wouldn’t have a supported product at all, there wouldn’t be an ED and you would still be moaning for another suite upgrade in a year or so.

No pleasing some people.

No it shouldn't be a sure thing, but it should detect more than like 5% of them, which has been a the case for the last couple years since this bug appeared. It detects all other missiles pretty reliably, but not MANPADS.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Speak for yourself. A suite upgrade is almost certain to not happening but I’d pay an upgrade fee for suite 7 plus or higher.

As to the hope for an MDC planner option, ED said they weren’t doing it for the Hornet so you can bet they won’t do it for the A-10C

I would be happy also with unlocked config files so external utilities can be built.

No it shouldn't be a sure thing, but it should detect more than like 5% of them, which has been a the case for the last couple years since this bug appeared. It detects all other missiles pretty reliably, but not MANPADS.

I'm still not sure its a bug, since the info on these systems isn't available to the public. If you do a Google search for MLWS, pretty much all of the relevant results point back to this forum, so I'm not sure how anyone can say with any certainty that its broken. I was actually surprised to see that I got the launch detections that I did for IR SAMs. I'm old-school, so I've always just used altitude when possible, along with keeping my head on a swivel. Any time the MLWS has picked one up, I've just thought of it as a bonus. ED probably isn't working on fixing it because there isn't a public domain source to confirm that it needs fixing. All we can do is guess about what we think it should do. :)

Edited by eaglecash867