Unable to trim

Tiger-II

Hi,

I'm running 2.5 Open Beta, and I'm unable to trim? I checked my config, and I'm also unable to assign joystick buttons to this function only. Everything else works.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Hi Tiger. Is it only an issue mapping the joystick button to the trim function? What if we start at a more basic level, are you able to map a keystroke to the trim function and then test that in engine? If the F5 is on the ground and the engines are running the stick should move fore and aft as you apply pitch trim, as well as the pitch hat on the stick moving (naturally).

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

It was mapped but not working (it worked previously). I then deleted the bind and tried to re-map it, but that wouldn't work.

The button on the stick does work, and I can assign it to other functions, but just not trim.

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Weird.

-I would start with a repair of DCS

-what joystick are you using and do you use any profiling software?

-can you map any of your other joystick buttons to trim?

-is anything weird on your key mapping screen? grayed out boxes, ect

I'm no control profile expert (I lucked out and was unaffected by the profile issues that hit a ton of people this fall), but those are my initial thoughts. Hopefully those answers can get the ball rolling so someone else who knows more about control mapping will read this and be able to help you out!

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

I simply restarted DCS and now it's all working as it should.

There were a couple of other glitches that occurred as well (inability to get ground power) which also vanished after the restart. Very strange.

All seems to working well now! The trim issue didn't just affect the F-5, but F-18 as well (the F-5 was the only one I really dug into though).

Edited by Tiger-II

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and sorry for my english

F-5 tiger is not bad but .....never ...never can trim this wild horse .

All the time u go up and then u go down

Trim it up so after 1 or 2 click you start to go up so u have to click it down after 1 or 2 click u start to go down then again and again and again .

Think about when u are in a dog fight exactly the same as when u have hiccup :))

of course this is my opinion may be i,m wrong

I have X-52 PRO Saitek

I like this bird but really i don,t no what i can do with this problem .

Edited by shahin_sky

Hi and sorry for my english

F-5 tiger is not bad but .....never ...never can trim this wild horse .

All the time u go up and then u go down

Trim it up so after 1 or 2 click you start to go up so u have to click it down after 1 or 2 click u start to go down then again and again and again .

Think about when u are in a dog fight exactly the same as when u have hiccup :))

of course this is my opinion may be i,m wrong

I have X-52 PRO Saitek

I like this bird but really i don,t no what i can do with this problem .

Hi,

Get the speed stable and hold the attitude with stick inputs (e.g. Level flight).

Trim, and as you do so move your stick the opposite way (towards center).

If you have trouble, add some curve to the pitch axis - your stick might be too sensitive, making it hard for you to trim.

If it's set right, the rate of stick motion should be the same as the trim rate so there is no change in pitch while trimming.

If you are trimming nose-up but the jet starts going nose-down, your stick is too sensitive. Add more curve.

If you are trimming nose-up but the jet starts pitching nose up while you're trimming, reduce the curve.

Are you using the linear option under settings?

Do not use trim in a dogfight. Trim for around 350 kts and leave it there.

Edited by Tiger-II