Dear ED! No love for KA-50?

Devrim

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

God, just tried to fly in the BS after a long break. There are a LOT of things wrong with it now. Bugs galore. They need to do a COMPLETE OVERHAUL of this thing. Shkval went wild at one point. And through the whole journey, kept getting weird target ranges that seemed to jump all over the place. That, and a lot of times it refuses to ground stabilize. Feels like we've gone back to Alpha with it.

Yes, it's getting annoying. Please ED, instead of trying to find new customers, please don't forget your old ones.

And those AP lights aren't the only thing wrong.

This applies to the new customers too. Imagine that you would buy KA-50 as your first module in DCS (I did 4 years ago). Wouldn't it be a let down for you if you would find out that it looks bad?

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

It's not just looks. It's a LOT of bugs, probably introduced by switching to the new engine. They need to do a complete bug sweep on it.

Agreed, the move the the new engine seems to have co-incidence with a number of issues.

Ordinarily i think this is to be expected, and that the all of the, ED/DCS branded aircraft, and all of the ED/DCS designed training and quick start missions be reviewed and confirmed working and up to standard.

Unfortunately none of this happened.

Just about every aircraft has bugs since the new engine, some more severe than others.

The same goes for the training missions I've been over recently, also full of issues.

Many of the issues are so bad the break the training mission rendering it unable to be completed without modifying the mission files.

Whilst most of us have a good feel of how to work, or work around these issues, the bugs and and broken training missions will put off a lot of new players.

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR

I would be happy to use my bonus's to pay for upgraded pits.

Never!!!! Iam supporting ED with buying most of the modules, and i have the KA-50 Multiple times 2x BS1 1xBS2 upgrade 1xBS2.

Iam NOT going to pay money to keep those modules in shape.

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

It's not just looks. It's a LOT of bugs, probably introduced by switching to the new engine. They need to do a complete bug sweep on it.

Hard to do when you spend 90% of your resources on the !@!#$! F18. I would sure like to spend more time in the shark but not worth the effort until it is fixed.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

They ED is working on a new BS cockpit from what I have read.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Hopefully, this version will actually be able to lock up air targets with the schval. This version is essentially useless. Going against other heli's, you can only lock them about 1 out 10 to 15 tries, if that. A-10s, fighters jets, etc are complete un-lockable. If you are in a mission that has attack planes or fighter jets in it, you are DEAD. There is no defense. Being essentially an experimental aircraft ( I think only 12 were ever made ), I don't see why we can't get some kind of infrared missile system on it. If we are going into raging modern battlefields with it, WE NEED IT! R-60 or R-73 on the wingtips! There is either no time to try and lock up a target with the shkval while flying, or even if you do have the time, the target will not lock. We need quick fire and forget, then run for cover. This is exactly why they gave the A-10 AIM-9's. We heli-pilots need this capability as well, if we are to enter a modern battlefield, even more so than an attack jet. Make that AA selection on the selector switch ACTIVE!

I really can't see this helicopter surviving on any battlefield. Not in this age.

Please ED. Even if you can't get data on a Shark that has the ability to carry these missiles, give us a version that does. Otherwise, the only thing this copter is good for is sight seeing. The minute any kind of enemy plane appears, and your in the open, Your Dead. And of course, on your maps, there pretty much is nothing BUT the Open.

Edited by 3WA

Never!!!! Iam supporting ED with buying most of the modules, and i have the KA-50 Multiple times 2x BS1 1xBS2 upgrade 1xBS2.

Iam NOT going to pay money to keep those modules in shape.

+1. We ALREADY PAYED FOR IT! TWICE!

Edited by 3WA

They ED is working on a new BS cockpit from what I have read.

Per a post from Chihz in the Russian forums, this has been moved to 2019. Just a heads up to avoid anyone's further disappointment :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Per a post from Chihz in the Russian forums, this has been moved to 2019. Just a heads up to avoid anyone's further disappointment :thumbup:

I suppose this has something to do with the Vulkan implementation. They do not want to do the same work twice in case of new shaders.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

1 -

The Ka50 definitely should be given a once-over to update it to DCS 2.5

The whole deal behind DCS World + modules is that you add the planes you want and the world is there for everybody.

Obivoulsy DCS:W is updated to keep up with graphical advances and modern computers.

Are we going to lose the Hog in DCS:3.0? 3rd party modules in 4.5?

At some point 1.5 will become unworkable on contemporary machines, we cannot be expected to maintain older versions ourselves.

No, they must keep the older full modules forwards-compatible, otherwise you are renting the module for a finite time, and not actually purchasing anything.

Im not asking for major content additions, just that they work.

Bugs at release i can handle.

NEW bugs introduced down the line are not really acceptable unless dealt with.

The Ka50 might be the oldest module, but it IS still the most advanced combat-heli sim available to the general public.

If they gave it a polish, brought it up to standard, they could easily generate a new influx of sales. (And Im very impressed with the numbers of people that apparently seem to have in-depth knowledge of module sales figures)

2 -

different topic.

The Shkval might be bugged but if you are flying the Ka50 ANYWHERE NEAR airborne threats, you are not using it at all correctly. May as well take the Hog into high altitude BVR engagement (or you want AMRAAMs on that too?). Get shot down by a fast mover and you have nobody to blame but the person who setup the mission. Ideas like "its experimental why not stick XYZ weapons on it?" are not in keeping with this being a "sim". FYI, its not exactly fully "experimental", those few airframes that exist are in active frontline service.

The Shkval might be bugged but if you are flying the Ka50 ANYWHERE NEAR airborne threats, you are not using it at all correctly. May as well take the Hog into high altitude BVR engagement...

This is what you call the MODERN BATTLEFIELD. Everything now is ragged, unplanned "police engagements" where you don't know what you're being thrust into. You don't know WHAT the enemy has waiting for you. Everyone's just throwing in whatever they have, including the kitchen sink. You just don't know what is going to pop up at you. Going into modern engagements these days without being "loaded for bear" is just suicide. I don't walk into the woods these days with just a 20 gauge shotgun looking to shoot some grouse for dinner. There's an AKM with a 30 round magazine slung over my shoulder as well, with extra mags on my belt pouch.

Edited by 3WA

Yep, ducks are mighty oponents in the wild forest.

Even an AKM is not enough, you should carry also a .50 caliber, or better, a Patton tank to be safe. You never know.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

• 1 month later...
Lol, obviously, you've never been into the deep dark woods

Live near them myself, periodically venture into them, no gun, no threat seen so far. Ya paranoid or sumthin'?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• ED Team
Any update on the KA-50 upgrade?

From the january 4 newsletter:

"The two biggest such projects being worked on for 2019 are overhauls of the cockpits and external models of the DCS: A-10C Warthog and DCS: Ka-50 Black Shark."

From the january 4 newsletter:

"The two biggest such projects being worked on for 2019 are overhauls of the cockpits and external models of the DCS: A-10C Warthog and DCS: Ka-50 Black Shark."

Cool, looking forward to it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...