R73 vs aim9x performance

DLEGION

hello, recently i investigated the behaviour of IR missiles, especially i compared R73 to aim9x,

and after nearly a hundred tests, i found out that statistically R73 dont fall for flares 9 times out of 10 while the aim9x falls for flares 9 times out of 10.

is that normal ?

i supposed aim9x being more recent was at least equal if not better, here seems its not even on the same League !

any info on that ?

here a link to an example of the test:

thanks!

PS: test have been made with F18 for aim9x and su27 for r73, have been tested different aspects, like front , back and realistic 90 degrees angles (the one of the video in the link).

results have been consistent… aim9x usually falls to the first flare dropped, at worse to the second one.

Allthough, real world tests show it goes for flares 1/1

I would ask you, can you share the details and statistics gathered? Otherwise is hard to tell.

And btw, yes i would say flare resistance for the 9x should be much better than for the r73/9M series.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MATRIC developer

Check out MATRIC and forget about keyboard shortcuts

eh, the statistic is quite disappointing.

i made 3 big tests, frontal, back and "realistic" ...more or less a 90 degrees aspect.

repeated every test reloading the custom mission i made in the editor each time.

i had to use AI because no player had the patience to test it, but i did many test in MP too on justdogfight server, with random players, so i choosed to reject that results because may be not accurate, having different players skills, but for the record the results were in line with AI results.

frontal with F18 vs su27 i could dodge an R73 7/10 times (read 7 out of 10 times)

frontal with su27 vs su27 i could dodge R73 7/10 times

frontal with F18 vs F18 i could dodge aim9x 7/10 times

frontal with su27 vs F18 i could dodge an aim9X 6/10 times

so..frontal is more or less fine.

back with F18 vs su27 i could dodge R73 2/10 times

back with su27 vs su27 i could dodge R73 6/10 times

back with f18 vs f18 i could dodge aim9x 3/10 times

back with su27 vs f18 i could dodge aim9x 8/10 times

thats really disappointing..and its supposed to be the best case scenario...

"realistic" 90 degrees (more or less):

90' with F18 vs su27 i could dodge 1/10 times

90' with su27 vs su27 i could dodge 5/10 times

90' with f18 vs f18 i could dodge 3/10 times

90' with su27 vs f18 i could dodge 7/10 times

i cooled the aim9x on F18 everytime, i made 7 test each version and sometimes some more when i was not sure of the results, the AI seemed quite reliable doing almost everytime the same exact things.

in multiplayer happened more or less the same strange situations, especially disappointing are the back shoots from F18 aim9x to a su27 (giving his back) that in many occasions failed both aim9x shooted.

i made 3 big tests, frontal, back and "realistic" ...more or less a 90 degrees aspect.

repeated every test reloading the custom mission i made in the editor each time. i made 7 test each version and sometimes some more when i was not sure of the results, the AI seemed quite reliable doing almost everytime the same exact things.

in multiplayer happened more or less the same strange situations, especially disappointing are the back shoots from F18 aim9x to a su27 (giving his back) that in many occasions failed both aim9x shooted.

I am sorry, but nowadays you need data. Tacview data in this case. Data where every single missile is recorded in its flight path. And more than n=10. Its a lot of data. It's not that I dont trust you, but it could be possible that something in your tests went wrong.

eh… i'm not payd for that, i did once investing a lot of times, not willing to repeat hours of testing anytime soon.

for me something wrong, and F18 pilots will notice for sure when trying to dodge a R73 they will explode into a fireball and lose theyr mission, while su27 will easily dodge F18 aim9x and laught at it.

F14 cant even be locked by aim9x in rear aspect sometimes,

but afterall ...is my task to prove it ? no.

so lets keep it as it is , some players will be advantaged, some really disadvantaged, but thats life afterall !

eh… i'm not payd for that, i did once investing a lot of times, not willing to repeat hours of testing anytime soon.

for me something wrong, and F18 pilots will notice for sure when trying to dodge a R73 they will explode into a fireball and lose theyr mission, while su27 will easily dodge F18 aim9x and laught at it.

F14 cant even be locked by aim9x in rear aspect sometimes,

but afterall ...is my task to prove it ? no.

so lets keep it as it is , some players will be advantaged, some really disadvantaged, but thats life afterall !

The thing is, no one is finding that behavior, at least not me and also i have not seen any threads about it like on many other topics (amraam vs sd10, phoenix op, etc...). I can tell you from my end an aim9x shot is almost always a guaranteed kill or a guranteed dead.

So if you are noticing something that needs attention(which might be the case not saying you are wrong) im afraid you need to back it up with tests or tracks that shows a possible bug or misbehavior. This is the normal process.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

repeated every test reloading the custom mission i made in the editor each time.

i had to use AI because no player had the patience to test it, but i did many test in MP too on justdogfight server, with random players, so i choosed to reject that results because may be not accurate, having different players skills, but for the record the results were in line with AI results.

frontal with F18 vs su27 i could dodge an R73 7/10 times (read 7 out of 10 times)

frontal with su27 vs su27 i could dodge R73 7/10 times

frontal with F18 vs F18 i could dodge aim9x 7/10 times

frontal with su27 vs F18 i could dodge an aim9X 6/10 times

so..frontal is more or less fine.

back with F18 vs su27 i could dodge R73 2/10 times

back with su27 vs su27 i could dodge R73 6/10 times

back with f18 vs f18 i could dodge aim9x 3/10 times

back with su27 vs f18 i could dodge aim9x 8/10 times

thats really disappointing..and its supposed to be the best case scenario...

"realistic" 90 degrees (more or less):

90' with F18 vs su27 i could dodge 1/10 times

90' with su27 vs su27 i could dodge 5/10 times

90' with f18 vs f18 i could dodge 3/10 times

90' with su27 vs f18 i could dodge 7/10 times

i cooled the aim9x on F18 everytime, i made 7 test each version and sometimes some more when i was not sure of the results, the AI seemed quite reliable doing almost everytime the same exact things.

Based on what I see above, the F-18 is more of a IR missile magnet (especially rear aspect) than the Su-27 regardless of which missile is used. How is that a missile bug? Perhaps the “bug”, if there is one, lies in the F-18’s IR signature.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

F-18 has a significantly lower IR signature in the game.

Maybe the flares are of a different type and less effective?

But I highly doubt that the 9x fired on a Flanker is worse than a 73 fired on a hornet.

The test does not tell much. Maybe the Hornet AI fired less flares than the Flanker AI because it has less in its inventory.

F-18 has a significantly lower IR signature in the game.

Maybe the flares are of a different type and less effective...

If you say so but, for whatever the reason, it’s an IR missile magnet in his tests.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

The changes where not that big.

It still only has 50% of the IR radiation of a Flanker when flying without afterburner

With afterburner the difference is not as big, but it still has a 20% lower detection range.

If you say so but, for whatever the reason, it’s an IR missile magnet in his tests.

Who knows what the AI is doing. Maybe going afterburner in the hornet and not in the Flanker.

Here's my opinion with absolutely no hard data to cover it, but comparing to how many times I've hit with R-73 with how many times I've been hit by AIM-9X I'd say the 9X is pretty damn hard to dodge while R-73 eats flares for breakfast.

But I reiterate that is just my subjective feeling based on my experience.