[Suggestion] Move LS-6 to Bombs section, not missiles - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-15-2020, 10:20 PM   #21
Terrorban

I agree. If these bombs are able to be intercepted by ground defences in real life then we should leave it like that and not make it equal to the poor implementation of their NATO weapon counterpart.

This is something ED should look into doing for their modules. I admire Dekas attempts for realism and they should stick with making the weapons most realistic as possible. I am always against the idea of balancing for the sake of gameplay or how the other devs have modeled or implemented their features.

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED -LEARNING- UNTOUCHED
Terrorban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:09 PM   #22
ShadowFrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydii View Post
Uboats, I do not agree with Zippoa's suggestion that LS6s should be moved from 'Missiles' to 'Bombs'.

The arbitrary distinction made by DCS between 'Bombs' and 'Missiles' with regard to what SAMs do and don't attempt to intercept is incorrect and moving weapons into the 'bomb' category only exacerbates this problem. In the current situation all bombs (on all aircraft) should be moved into the 'missiles' category rather than the other way around.

Noting this is an ED issue to rectify, technically, ALL munitions (Bomb/Missile/Rocket) should be engage-able by SAMs that have anti-munition capability (within DCS, this is limited to some radar cued and/or guided systems). The actual ability to engage is determined by the munition's RCS, the SAM system's radar detection capability and reaction time (I assume these are numbers modelled in DCS). Whether or not the SAM chooses to engage should be a function of the likelihood of successful interception and the priority of other targets. In practice, it would be rare that SAMs would engage non-lofted dumb munitions as the aircraft would usually be in range of a SAM system before release.

The mission editor currently has the option to toggle a SAM system's ability to engage munitions (set to off by default if IIRC) and this should be the primary method of determining munition intercept behavior, not shifting weapon categories around.

Making GB6's 'equal' to JDAMs in the way proposed by Zippoa is not the correct way forward and speaks more to concepts of balancing gameplay than attempting to achieve realism.
Can agree well said, much better written than anything I had.
ShadowFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 01:15 AM   #23
uboats
ED Tester / ED Moderator

Got it

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |
| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |
uboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 01:16 AM   #24
Floydii

Floydii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 02:43 AM   #25
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uboats View Post
Got it

This is shaping up to one of the best modules in DCS guys, great job!
Old 01-16-2020, 04:18 AM   #26
Terrorban

Quote:
Originally Posted by uboats View Post
Got it

You guys are doing great work.

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED -LEARNING- UNTOUCHED
Terrorban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 05:34 AM   #27
shaHeen-1

Thanks for making us developers of module