multi-crewed aircraft

mpdugas

Yes, it does. You can do this in the Gazelle and the L39 Albatross right now.

I believe this functionality is coming for the Huey also.

It's not a default feature, the relevant aircraft module has to be programmed to support it.

Many thanks for the quick reply; I had no idea it was something the module manufacturers had to do themselves.

My understanding is that ED developed the relevant multi-crew code when they made the L39 module. Now the code is available for use by 3rd party developers. Polychop have used it in the Gazelle and Belsimtek are working on integrating it with the Huey. I'm sure there'll be more MC modules down the track.

Edited by awjudge

• 2 weeks later...

I must say I haven't flown the L-39 in ages.. The whole process of entering a plane, making sure everything is synchronized was very frustrating. And once everything was set up correctly, during a flight some de-synchronization problems would pop up again and again.

Whenever an update comes out I keep an eye out for any mention of network/ multi crew code updates mentioned in the update log. And I can't recall seeing anything for a very long time now. Nor has ED mentioned any progress/ planes for stable multicrew network code.

However seeing that Belsimtek is now actively building 2 multicrew addons and there is still the promise/expectation of multicrew in the Huey. I expect some improvements have been made. I would just like some more detail.

My understanding is that ED developed the relevant multi-crew code when they made the L39 module. Now the code is available for use by 3rd party developers. Polychop have used it in the Gazelle and Belsimtek are working on integrating it with the Huey. I'm sure there'll be more MC modules down the track.

Yes, ED created the basic multicrew functionality that can be used by 3rd party devs, but they still have to build their module to fit the required specifications. This is a huge problem with the Huey as it has been developed before EDs multicrew technology and now needs a major rebuild in order to be able to make use of it. That's why it takes so long.

I must say I haven't flown the L-39 in ages.. The whole process of entering a plane, making sure everything is synchronized was very frustrating. And once everything was set up correctly, during a flight some de-synchronization problems would pop up again and again.

Whenever an update comes out I keep an eye out for any mention of network/ multi crew code updates mentioned in the update log. And I can't recall seeing anything for a very long time now. Nor has ED mentioned any progress/ planes for stable multicrew network code.

However seeing that Belsimtek is now actively building 2 multicrew addons and there is still the promise/expectation of multicrew in the Huey. I expect some improvements have been made. I would just like some more detail.

Additionally Heatblurs F-14 will also be a multicrew module of course.

Regarding the L-39: I don't own this bird and have never flown it, but I followed it's development a bit. From what I've heard it had indeed a lot of problems with desync in it's early stage, but I thought they have fixed most of them by now.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes, ED created the basic multicrew functionality that can be used by 3rd party devs, but they still have to build their module to fit the required specifications. This is a huge problem with the Huey as it has been developed before EDs multicrew technology and now needs a major rebuild in order to be able to make use of it. That's why it takes so long.

Additionally Heatblurs F-14 will also be a multicrew module of course.

Regarding the L-39: I don't own this bird and have never flown it, but I followed it's development a bit. From what I've heard it had indeed a lot of problems with desync in it's early stage, but I thought they have fixed most of them by now.

I thought for a while that Heatblur had their own solution, just like their groundradar. I could be completely mistaken ofcourse. (It's happened before.. ;-) )

I guess it's time to fly the -39 again and figure things out myself.

If you don't already know, just be aware that you must be in multiplayer and both people must own the aircraft to use it in the multi-roll.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1