2.5 Upgrade path

hollow

My thing is will 1.5 Stable be know as the stable versions for DCS so every update that someone wants that is not a beta and alpha will be used for that download. Or will 2.0 open alpha become the release for 2.5?

Will 2.0 Open alpha just be a test platform for members to try out and look for bugs?

While the current 1.5 release stable will be used as a path to 2.5 stable. Hard to pin point what i want to say when im exhausted

Basically if im running 1.5.x stable will that go to 2.5 once its considered and stable

Hi

I have been out of the loop for a while, but it occurred to me to ask will there be any cost to the 2.5 Maps ?

I did search and couldn't find any info.

Thanks

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

Confirmed on Facebook:

2.5 New stable is a standalone download, available end Jan 18.

2.2 Open Alpha removed (do not remove this from your machine until 2.5 installed on your machine)!

1.5 Open Beta updated to 2.5 Open Beta

1.5 Old stable continues but unsupported.

I personally will not be removing any of the clients until 2.5 stable and 2.5 open beta are up and running.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't think there would be as I have both A-10c & BlackShark from pre release.

I think I will have to get the SU-30. $14 sounds good to me.

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

I don't care HOW it gets upgraded. I'm so excited that 2.5 and the Hornet are close. I saw Wag's YouTube vid with the snow and trees as his Bug flew at Batumi. I was 15 minutes late to an important appointment because I could not tear my eyes away from Wag's video... twice.

:thumbup:

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Confirmed on Facebook:

2.2 Open Alpha removed (do not remove this from your machine until 2.5 installed on your machine)!

I play only 1.5 stable.

So I'll have to download and install 2.5 stable from scratch, then deactivate all my modules on 1.5 stable, and then downolad and reactivate all my modules on 2.5 stable? This seems to be a bulky workload, especially if you consider that 1.5 open beta will be updated to 2.5 open beta. So why you cannot update 1.5 stable too?

I play only 1.5 stable.

So I'll have to download and install 2.5 stable from scratch, then deactivate all my modules on 1.5 stable, and then downolad and reactivate all my modules on 2.5 stable? This seems to be a bulky workload, especially if you consider that 1.5 open beta will be updated to 2.5 open beta. So why you cannot update 1.5 stable too?

Because 1.5 will remain...

Enviado desde mi Moto Z Play mediante Tapatalk

I play only 1.5 stable.

No need to deactivate (and hence no need to activate). The activation of module works for all DCS versions on your computer.

This is not fully confirmed yet, but I imagine you will download 2.5, launch the game, it will tell you you have bunch of modules available and whether you want to install them. Click yes and few minutes later you have working 2.5 (plus some hours setting up the controls, playing with graphics settings, etc.)

It is up to you whether you delete the old 1.5 or keep it...

There is no need to deactivate modules. When you install 2.5 stable it will copy all files needed from 1.5.8 and 2.2.

Probably I will install new 2.5 stable first, leaving 1.5.8 stable, 1.5.8 openbeta and 2.2 openalpha in the SSD disk (4 installations in the end). After that, I will update 1.5.8 openbeta to 2.5 openbeta. When all is completed and tested, I will delete 2.2 openalpha and 1.5.8 stable.

If I would run out of space to maintain 4 installations, probably I will uninstall 1.5.8 stable first, as all files needed from 1.5.8 are in openbeta already.

No need to deactivate (and hence no need to activate). The activation of module works for all DCS versions on your computer.

This is not fully confirmed yet, but I imagine you will download 2.5, launch the game, it will tell you you have bunch of modules available and whether you want to install them. Click yes and few minutes later you have working 2.5 (plus some hours setting up the controls, playing with graphics settings, etc.)

It is up to you whether you delete the old 1.5 or keep it...

You can copy and paste your controls over in less than 10 seconds, so no hours needed there my man

As for the graphics settings, yes I'm sure there will be plenty of tweaking and playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Confirmed on Facebook:

I personally will not be removing any of the clients until 2.5 stable and 2.5 open beta are up and running.

Will 2.5 OB be released prior to 2.5 stable? Or is it the OB that will be released end of January?

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

I play only 1.5 stable.

you wont have to de-activate anything,

Just download 2.5 Release Installer, let it copy any files from 2.2 or 1.5 , then it would download the new files, and install you modules after you log into module manager.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Confirmed on Facebook:

Pretty sure a simple command line will allow you to convert from OpenAlpha Branch to 2.5 Stable/OpenBeta easily when it's launched.

This would save a massive amount of downloading of NTTR/Normandy/Deferred Shading Shaders and Textures etc.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I hope there arent a ton of changes in joystick config files. Or at least documented so people copying files over won't have a hard time. I'm accustomed to having to clear our every USB/Leo/GPWiz's of the world of pitch/rudder/collective/cyclic assignments. Why does ED do that? Argh.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Well I will have to uninstall something prior to getting 2.5, pretty sure my gaming SSD is not going to have enough room for all 4 versions at one time, even if but for a short time. And undoubtedly 2.5 is going to be quite sizeable.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Well I will have to uninstall something prior to getting 2.5, pretty sure my gaming SSD is not going to have enough room for all 4 versions at one time, even if but for a short time. And undoubtedly 2.5 is going to be quite sizeable.

Remove 2.2 Open Alpha, it's obsolete.

And can probably remove 1.5.8 too...not like you're going to want to dabble with the crappy Caucasus map with that shiny new one at your disposal.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

And can probably remove 1.5.8 too...not like you're going to want to dabble with the crappy Caucasus map with that shiny new one at your disposal.

Yeah I think that is what I am going to have to do, only thing is it will not be able to copy files over and have to re-download but really not much way around that for me.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

is that correct? so we will have release version of 2.5 at this time, not open beta first?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Since DCS installer can copy data between various installations on HDD, I think it's better to keep them installed so you won't have to download the whole Nevada and other assets from the internet again. Of course only if you have enough room on the HDD for another copy.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

with the updater they can make any folde to a 2.5 install... my best bet is 2.2 becoming 2.5 as it has the aircrafts on modules installed according to the new technology lightning and etc. if 1.5 becomes 2.5 its like downloading almost everything again. thats my guess.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

with the updater they can make any folde to a 2.5 install... my best bet is 2.2 becoming 2.5 as it has the aircrafts on modules installed according to the new technology lightning and etc. if 1.5 becomes 2.5 its like downloading almost everything again. thats my guess.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3327673&postcount=733

DCS World 2.5 will be released as a new download (NOT an update to an existing version). In other words, DCS World 2.5 will replace DCS World 1.5 Stable. The current 1.5.8 Open Beta will be updated to be DCS World 2.5 Open Beta. As such DCS 2.5 Stable and DCS 2.5 Open Beta will be available at the same time. DCS 2.1 Open Alpha will be removed, and DCS World 1.5 will remain but be unsupported.

Don B