[NO BUG] L39 Radio doesn't appear to work in 2.5.1

Rolds

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue. I set the right channel, i could hear the radio traffic between other pilots and ATC, but I could not get in contact the ATC. All of them were listed in black and could not get a response out of it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 5820K, 32GB DDR4, 3x250GB SSD RAID0, nVidia GTX 1080, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Virpil WarBird base with Thrustmaster Warthog grip, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals - 2484.

• 2 weeks later...

OK never mind, the problem was mine. It was limited to the ZA and seems to have occured because I switched on both 115 V inverters, it appears only the first is to be switched on during the pre engine start procedure.

Feel free to delete to hide my shame.

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem, can't contact tower or any other flight, not even the ground crew. For example i'm following step by step the cold start tutorial but when i press me mic to contact tower an chose the correct "F" option nothing happens.

I remember not have any trouble with radio comunications long time ago with this plane.

It's a bug or something in the procedure change?

Just checked the startup tutorial mission in latest version and the ATC responded allright. I've got easy comms turned off in game options, however, if that makes any difference. I also used comms menu key (/) instead of push to talk (Alt /), but on the ground with cockpit open it should work both ways.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Yes! I set the right airfield frequencies and use the Communication menu and the radio button, with no any luck. I don't even heard or see the text of my pilot when I hit the F1,F2, etc keys.

But the important thing is that if for you guys everything works fine then is something in my computer. I'm going to try to uninstall and re-install the module to see if that fix the problem.

Thanks anyway!

• 1 year later...

Sorry for rehashing this thread, but it seems to me that the starting procedure is wrongly modelled. In every official document I found (even a real start-up checklist by a former East German pilot) the switches "Inverter 115 V I" and "Inverter 115 V II" should not be operated before the engine is running. The radio is usable only by switching on the "Battery" switch. In DCS I have to operate the Inverter switches to get the radio working (for obtaining the clearance for engine start). Any comments?

Mancher zum Meister sich erklärt, dem nie das Handwerk ward gelehrt!

Just speculating here, but how do we know which kind of radio was installed in the machine ED based their modelling on? Because some high(ish)-powered transmitters may well use high-voltage AC for their RF output stages instead of just 24V DC, and hence the need for switching on the inverters beforehand. Just speculating though...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• 6 months later...

I can get pre engine start atc response by switching on Battery, Rdo and 1 of the invertors (but not both), then setting the red channel selector dial correctly. Works on Caucuses and P.G. maps. I do not have NTTR or Normandy so cant say for those two.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

I can't even get the comms menu to disply. tried default \ key binding and re-mapped but no comms menu.

anyone??

FC3, F86 Sabre, Mig 21Bis, A10C, C-101, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A18-C Hornet, UH1-H Huey, AV8-N/A Harrier, Mirage 2000c, Spitfire MKix, Me BF109 K-4, Tornado GR4 (one day).

I can't even get the comms menu to disply. tried default \ key binding and re-mapped but no comms menu.

anyone??

You're looking for

• Communications, Throttle Grip > VHF Radio Button - Push to talk

... the default key bind is

• "RAlt + RShift + I"

... I assign it to a button on my throttle.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Test it, it's simple. Forget keybinds for a minute......

Click the two PTT buttons on the throttle with your clicky mouse. Should bring up the menu? They have different titles: 1:Interphone and 2: VHF radio

Now map keybinds to operate those functions, radio needs to be on and tuned to the correct preset channel. Then operate the radio PTT.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
Just speculating here, but how do we know which kind of radio was installed in the machine ED based their modelling on? Because some high(ish)-powered transmitters may well use high-voltage AC for their RF output stages instead of just 24V DC, and hence the need for switching on the inverters beforehand. Just speculating though...

You're right. The R-832 radio needs 27V DC and 115V/400Hz AC to work. The start-up checklist I found was for an L-39 of a former series which had the RTL-11 radio installed, which works with 27V DC only. Thanks for the hint.

Mancher zum Meister sich erklärt, dem nie das Handwerk ward gelehrt!

Aha, so that WAS it then! Thought so, because I used to work with high-powered transmitters back in the day and did encounter these dual-powered setups once in a while as well. Well well...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.