Radio troubles

Pizzicato

Hey guys,

I seem to be having trouble with the radio on the -C variant in Open Beta 1.5.4 (and 1.5.3, prior to that).

Basically, I seem to be unable to successfully contact any airfield after take off. I can pull up the Communications Menu with "RSHFT + RCTL + i", but calling any airfield (including the one I just took off from) results in silence. I can communicate just fine while on the ground... it's just while I'm in the air.

Is this a bug or am I just not understanding something properly?

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Did you set the right channel from the R-832M AM Radio?

Which airfield did you try to get in contact?

I tried Sochi (Chnl 3), Maykop (Chnl 4) and Krasnodar Centre (Chnl 17). In each case, I checked the frequencies and channels in the Mission Editor before take-off and was communicating with them just fine until my wheels left the ground.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I put a L-39C over Maykop in the ME .

InGame:

- i can call for Inbound and get an Call from Maykop ATC,

- i can ask for navigation assistents and get a Call from Maykop ATC,

but

- when i request landing, no reaction from Maykop ATC!

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

I put a L-39C over Maykop in the ME .

InGame:

- i can call for Inbound and get an Call from Maykop ATC,

- i can ask for navigation assistents and get a Call from Maykop ATC,

but

- when i request landing, no reaction from Maykop ATC!

Hmm... that's interesting. I can't get any responses at all, but that's after taking off.

I'll try an air start from the ME and see if I can replicate your findings.

Thanks for the responses, MWD2. Much appreciated.

Just tried on my PC in 1.5.4 Open Beta, but couldn't get a response from anyone - even if just calling "Inbound" or requesting directions to the field.

What were your steps in order to get a reply?

Found the problem. It was (predictably) down to pilot error. :)

Turns out I was using RSHFT+RCTRL+i (Intercom) instead of RSHFT+RALT+i (Radio). I knew it would be something like that. I think I was thrown by the fact that only the "Intercom" binding shows up in the Communications section of the menu. You have to go to Throttle Grip to see that there's a "Radio" binding.

For what it's worth, I managed to get responses to "Inbound", "Request Azimuth" and "Request Landing".