Simple Range Script

Ciribob

Ciribob,

Is this script working after 1.5.4? I can't seem to get the F10 menu to appear.

Same problem, don't get the COMM/F10 menu - but Gun Strafe Run and Bomb Target Run registration/report works.

Sorry for the incredibly slow reply...

I've just tested with the mission from here and all worked OK again so it looks like whatever bug was fixed :)

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRangeScript

Would you mind retesting and seeing if you have any issues? This was on the latest 1.5

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Sorry for the incredibly slow reply...

I've just tested with the mission from here and all worked OK again so it looks like whatever bug was fixed :)

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRangeScript

Would you mind retesting and seeing if you have any issues? This was on the latest 1.5

No problem, you have so much work to do with Blue Flag and Simple Radio.

I will run a test during the next days.

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Thanks! Just make sure you join a different slot instead of the a10c for 5 seconds or so, so the script has time to load. Then when you jump back into the a10c it'll all work as long as you waited long enough.

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Interesting, now it works fine. Not sure why, I didn't do anything different than I did before. And I spent a half a day trying to get it working before. I am not sure why it stopped, I did have it working and found a few weeks ago that it would no longer work so I downloaded that test mission and could not get it to work either. I redownloaded it today and it works fine. Interestingly the mission that I made still does not work...

Update: the old mission is now working after removing the script and replacing it...

Edited by 71st_AH Rob

• 1 month later...

Ciribob...

Outstanding script! Rep inbound!

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

So I'm sure this has been discovered by others but in case it hasn't...

I noticed while watching some videos of A-10 Rocket attacks and Training, it seemed to be "Standard" to add a burst of 30mm to the Target Area after firing the rockets. I got to wondering if it was possible to overlay "Strafe Pit" logic with "Trigger Zone Target" logic in the script. Turns out it is possible and works quite well.:music_whistling: Which lead me to a second question...

What would happen IF you turned an entire Range into a "Zone" would all of the scoring take place then be displayed when you exit the range?

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Ciribob and all,

So one thing I have noticed with the Target Triggers and scoring is there seems to be a descrepancy between the center of the target and the center of the scoring zone. Has anyone figured out how to eliminate this error?

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

So I'm sure this has been discovered by others but in case it hasn't...

I noticed while watching some videos of A-10 Rocket attacks and Training, it seemed to be "Standard" to add a burst of 30mm to the Target Area after firing the rockets. I got to wondering if it was possible to overlay "Strafe Pit" logic with "Trigger Zone Target" logic in the script. Turns out it is possible and works quite well.:music_whistling: Which lead me to a second question...

What would happen IF you turned an entire Range into a "Zone" would all of the scoring take place then be displayed when you exit the range?

Sierra

Ciribob and all,

So one thing I have noticed with the Target Triggers and scoring is there seems to be a descrepancy between the center of the target and the center of the scoring zone. Has anyone figured out how to eliminate this error?

Sierra

Sorry just saw this!

If you turned an entire range into a zone, all shots on target for any listed targets in that zone should be shown when exiting the range as far as I remember.

For the offset, is it a constant offset? as In you know you hit dead center but it said 2m off. If so I can just tweak it so that it's taken into account.

As a test, I'd add target triggers and then use the mission triggers to trigger smoke. Try lazing a bomb directly onto the source of the smoke and see what the system comes back with?

Glad you like the script and apologies for the slow reply :)

Sorry just saw this!

No worries! I'm a product of the 60s and don't need an instant reply. :smilewink:

For the offset, is it a constant offset? as In you know you hit dead center but it said 2m off. If so I can just tweak it so that it's taken into account.

It's not a constant offset...it's seems as though when I place the Trigger Zone the center of the trigger zone and applicable target do not coincide. Granted, I was dropping BDU-33s BUT a few went straight into the container that is the target and displayed 30 meter type errors. I doubt it's a script error so much as a GUI error

As a test, I'd add target triggers and then use the mission triggers to trigger smoke. Try lazing a bomb directly onto the source of the smoke and see what the system comes back with?

I'll try this and get back to ya. This MAY in fact be an object error since it appears some of the bombs are falling through the target...

Sierra

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

• 3 months later...
Hello, someone is still using this script?

I am indeed...it works great...

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

• 2 weeks later...
Perfect!

Do you use only A-10C or other airplanes for strafe in the range?

I use it with the P-51D (guns, rockets, and bombs). All of them WAD :thumbup:

The script measures gun hits on Strafe Pit targets and the proximity of bomb/rocket hits on/near a bomb/rocket target.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 10 months later...

Hi! Ciribob. The Script runs perfect! But I have a little problem!

The message only appears to the each group, exist the possibility that it appears to Coalition Blue or Red. I try to modified the script but i dont have experience with LUA.

I saw the command:

range.displayMessageToGroup(_unit, _message, 30,false)

What should I modify so that the message appears to a coalition? Can you help me?

Thanks and is a great script!

Sorry my english is not my native language

• 3 months later...

First, really great script indeed Ciribob!

Now regarding this:

Excellent script Ciribob Silly question. Is it possible to alter the script so that it calculates the distance from the center of the object instead of center of the circles. I am having a little difficulties aligning the circles with the targets. Old man shaking hands :-D

Cheers

Hans

One can use "Unit inside/outside moving zone" to align the zone to the target center. Can be used for static targets too.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

First, really great script indeed Ciribob!

Now regarding this:One can use "Unit inside/outside moving zone" to align the zone to the target center. Can be used for static targets too.

The script is designed around zones rather than statics, would need to be changed to allow it regardless of the triggers - but thanks :)

The script is designed around zones rather than statics, would need to be changed to allow it regardless of the triggers - but thanks :)

Yes, it was mentioned as a tips for those (including me) having problems aligning the zone center with a target center, as the guy I quoted. It gets a little bit more "real" to have something to aim on, especially for aircrafts like the Ka-50 with it's Shkval. I mentioned static targets because the manual (and the name) imply the moving zone may only work with targets that can move.

Unfortunately, having a target at the center also make it impossible to get a dead center (0~5m) indication due to the projectile hitting the target. I'm trying to find a way to indicate target hits to somewhat compensate for this.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Yes, it was mentioned as a tips for those (including me) having problems aligning the zone center with a target center, as the guy I quoted. It gets a little bit more "real" to have something to aim on, especially for aircrafts like the Ka-50 with it's Shkval. I mentioned static targets because the manual (and the name) imply the moving zone may only work with targets that can move.

Unfortunately, having a target at the center also make it impossible to get a dead center (0~5m) indication due to the projectile hitting the target. I'm trying to find a way to indicate target hits to somewhat compensate for this.

Gotcha - you can try adding a constant amount taken off the hit distance, say 5 m and clamped to 0 as min

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Gotcha - you can try adding a constant amount taken off the hit distance, say 5 m and clamped to 0 as min

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Could work as a workaround. But I will see if triggers can be used (honestly don't believe that), otherwise I might look in your code about hits on strafing targets to see if I can learn something from that. At least rockets are counted when fired on a strafe target. Don't know about missiles. When getting close enough a simple "Hit!" indication alongside a distance measurement will suffice for me.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

When getting close enough a simple "Hit!" indication alongside a distance measurement will suffice for me.

Hey, Ciribob, why didn't you tell me this was already implemented in the code (but commented out)!? :smilewink:

Line #284 does what I want, with the exception it also reports hits on me initiated by my targets. I have tried to see how you grab the player name so I could filter out all hits not my own, but indeed the script isn't adopted to targets firing back. Do you have any idea how I could do this?

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 3 months later...

Hello, could someone give me a hand? In this Script in reference to the Strafe pit, the height at which the specific scrip is activated inside the polygon drawn by the unit waypoints that we place as "left_zone", this is always activated at about 4900 ft height ASL ,,, Is there any way to make that height vary? the rest of the scrip works perfectly, the only one that in Nevada, is activated very close to the ground and I would like to adjust it. Thank you.

I dont know if it can be adjunst in the scrip lua or in the mist...!!!