Master Caution and throttle

DutchCoolHand

Hi all,

I started flying the Hornet about 2 weeks ago and recently I noticed that when I advance the throttles the master caution comes on but I don’t see any warning lights or other indicators. I checked the engine page and others but I see nothing.

Is this a known bug? Something iman nor understanding or can you. To move the throttle too quickly?

Peter

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Could be the home fuel caution. It uses your current fuel flow to calculate fuel required to make it to your home waypoint, so sometimes it will deedle deedle on and off when you work the throttles. PITA on a carrier approach!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Could be the home fuel caution. It uses your current fuel flow to calculate fuel required to make it to your home waypoint, so sometimes it will deedle deedle on and off when you work the throttles. PITA on a carrier approach!

Quick fix for that is set home to a numbered waypoint that is not created. You won't get bothered anymore. I believe you have to be below a certain Mach for FPAS to allow you to make such a change.

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Quick fix for that is set home to a numbered waypoint that is not created. You won't get bothered anymore. I believe you have to be below a certain Mach for FPAS to allow you to make such a change.

Yeah, I’ve found sometimes it works and sometimes not. Didn’t know about the Mach limitation, maybe that’s why!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

The checklist page will list your cautions at the bottom, not quite as busy and easier to see what it's griping about. On takeoff it's usually the FCS complaining about something, or you forgot to arm the seat. Fix that by working on your startup sequence. Just flying around it's usually home fuel, an altitude reminder or engine ice (which you fix by flipping anti-ice on, right panel)

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

Thank you for all the replies. I flew with another DCS Pilot online tonight and we talked about it. I have read the official manual and Chuck's guide and there still so many things to learn.

First thing I changed tonight was to correctly set up the off to Idle for the throttles. I also learned where to look for the error messages on the left DDI.

When you say Home fuel, that is different from BINGO fuel? and yes the seat was armed. I was so busy flying the planes that just don't remember for sure if got the warning tonight, but I don't think so.

What an amazing sim and plane!

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Master Caution and throttle

Thank you for all the replies. I flew with another DCS Pilot online tonight and we talked about it. I have read the official manual and Chuck's guide and there still so many things to learn.

First thing I changed tonight was to correctly set up the off to Idle for the throttles. I also learned where to look for the error messages on the left DDI.

When you say Home fuel, that is different from BINGO fuel? and yes the seat was armed. I was so busy flying the planes that just don't remember for sure if got the warning tonight, but I don't think so.

What an amazing sim and plane!

Home fuel isn’t the same as Bingo. Bingo fuel is the amount you can set on the IFEI? panel. You set a certain amount and once your total fuel goes below that the plane alerts you with a caution and a ‘Bingo!’ annunciation.

Home Fuel is what the FPAS calculates that at your present fuel burn, your amount of fuel will be, I believe, below 2000lbs of your set home waypoint which is selected on the FPAS page.

As you go in and out of afterburner it is expected that the Home Fuel will come on since your fuel rates go really high. I’m thinking this is what’s causing your grief since you mentioned the throttle. If you want a fix, see my other post above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer