Helmet Mounted Displays are a reality on the A-10C

BlueAngel

Why do people seem so excited about Suite 7 when 8 (?) is the current?

Surely if you're going to lobby for a new version... :)

Probably because suite 7 introduced HMCS and removed the pave penny. Other that that most wouldn't know what suite 8 introduced.

• Like 1

+1 but not hopeful

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Again, don't update the A-10C module, but simply add a additional upgrade for it that costs extra.... If it would ever come at all.

Meaning you need to buy a A-10C module, and then you need to pay for the upgrade to get newer Suit version. So you can't just buy (or receive) a updated model.

Same thing would allow third party developers to get additional incomes.

Example make a Mig-23ML, add a MLD as optional upgrade. Or Mig-21Bis and optional upgrade to Mig-21-93 or so.

And nothing would deny to go to backwards as well, like offer a MiG-21R.

Of course lots of work would be needed to have documents and such, but when flight model wouldn't change in aircraft itself (other than different weaponloads etc) and main work be in the cockpit changes, it should be cheaper than making a totally new module. Yet many likely would be ready to pay fair price for the alternative versions as addition to the basemodel.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Again, don't update the A-10C module, but simply add a additional upgrade for it that costs extra.... If it would ever come at all.

Meaning you need to buy a A-10C module, and then you need to pay for the upgrade to get newer Suit version. So you can't just buy (or receive) a updated model.

Example make a Mig-23ML, add a MLD as optional upgrade. Or Mig-21Bis and optional upgrade to Mig-21-93 or so.

Of course lots of work would be needed to have documents and such, but when flight model wouldn't change in aircraft itself (other than different weaponloads etc) and main work be in the cockpit changes, it should be cheaper than making a totally new module. Yet many likely would be ready to pay fair price for the alternative versions as addition to the basemodel.

First of all ED would need to get a license/cleareance to develop a more modern A-10C variant and that might be a problem.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

First of all ED would need to get a license/cleareance to develop a more modern A-10C variant and that might be a problem.
That all is logically required before anything, by anyone.

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

That all is logically required before anything, by anyone.

I'm not sure if this is the case. I don't think that is the case for (some of) the WW2 aircraft. I'm also not sure if RAZBAM has a license for the Mirage 2000, which is why they only refer to it as the M2000.

But yeah, usally it should indeed be a requirement, but it sometimes seems to me that people on the forums forget about that when they demand new stuff.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

If my memory is right, ED did this in the past. Upgrading a specific module and you would have to pay extra bucks for this feature. As much as I love the A-10C, in fact it's my fav module, I don't think it's going to happen. Which makes me kinda sad but that's life.

I love how this thread evolves. Quite at the very start there are precise reasons listed why it wont happen, as also clearly stating it's not a matter of code update but legal and procedural formalities, not even mentioning if military would agree to provide data on latest and advanced equipment.

But the thread moves on with a wishies rolling like a snowball... :music_whistling:

• Like 2

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I love how this thread evolves. Quite at the very start there are precise reasons listed why it wont happen, as also clearly stating it's not a matter of code update but legal and procedural formalities, not even mentioning if military would agree to provide data on latest and advanced equipment.

But the thread moves on with a wishies rolling like a snowball... :music_whistling:

:megalol: Yep!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

They have been a reality on the A-10C for years, but that doesn't mean its going to happen. Honestly we should just be happy that we have something as modern as an A-10C in this game! If you think about it we are quite fortunate we got such a modern technological suite. Of course I want it, but I'm sorry I don't think it will ever happen in the next decade or so. Suite 7 is quite new for a module of DCS standards.

While fancy it is, it ain't so much better considering that you can so easily point HUD at the target and get SPI via that way. Or make a mark point to your location when flying over and/or use a TAD to get SPI wanted place and then just use TGP to fine tune things.

My problem is that TAD map is so ugly, low resolution and inaccurate that you can't use it so effectively like needed in fast situations like a ABRIS allows in urban areas.

Sure it would speed things up but not so considerably if you are fluent with TAD and HUD.

Yes it is great in KA-50 to use HMS for target search, navigation, datalink and most importantly to aim with an cannon, but it is an helicopter with moving cannon instead a airplane that needs to be constantly moving.

Actually now I need to go to try how to guide laser guided rockets/missiles with a monocular.

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

• ED Team
I pay the full module price for a HMS, EGT, suite upgrade !

That's good because if it were to happen it would probably require a new module to do just to support it. But there are no plans to do any new A-10C module currently.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png