Issue with losing control of jet to AI

jbaraus

Hi all

I'm having a problem in the A-10C at the moment with the aircraft randomly being taken over by the AI. I will be flying along when all of a sudden I'm kicked to an exterior view and the aircraft starts doing its own thing. It can happen anywhere, sometimes 10 minutes into a flight, sometimes an hour in. At first I thought I was shot down and I was looking at my wingman, but that wasn't it. It can happen when there are no enemies in the area. In fact it happened to me tonight as I was flying out from the runway after takeoff.

I'm not able to regain control when it happens. The aircraft does its own thing and I have to press escape and select roles again to start over back on the ground. It last happened during a multiplayer missing on Standalone 1.5, but it has happened on the Steam version and in different missions.

Has anyone come across this before or know of a solution?

Thanks!

Hi all

I'm having a problem in the A-10C at the moment with the aircraft randomly being taken over by the AI. I will be flying along when all of a sudden I'm kicked to an exterior view and the aircraft starts doing its own thing. It can happen anywhere, sometimes 10 minutes into a flight, sometimes an hour in. At first I thought I was shot down and I was looking at my wingman, but that wasn't it. It can happen when there are no enemies in the area. In fact it happened to me tonight as I was flying out from the runway after takeoff.

I'm not able to regain control when it happens. The aircraft does its own thing and I have to press escape and select roles again to start over back on the ground. It last happened during a multiplayer missing on Standalone 1.5, but it has happened on the Steam version and in different missions.

Has anyone come across this before or know of a solution?

Thanks!

If you were the host then it is a reported bug.

If not then make sure you didn't press ralt+j.

• Like 1

Samething happend to me too. Razo+r said this,

There's an old bug around

If a player leaves the server nothing will happen. If he quits to desktop, the host, if he is flying, will get kicked out of the plane and ai is taking over.

I've made a thread about it but nobody cares anymore about that bug.

Edit: Nevermind, he is already here :d

• Like 1