Is there any progress?

Padonis

The map of Normandy, for which I have waited so long, has been released more than a month ago. For this map, there is no single patch for almost a month. As you know, the map has many problems with smoothness and optimization. Do you know what's going on with this topic and when will we receive any information/update? :cry:

The map of Normandy, for which I have waited so long, has been released more than a month ago. For this map, there is no single patch for almost a month. As you know, the map has many problems with smoothness and optimization. Do you know what's going on with this topic and when will we receive any information/update? :cry:

'been wondering about that too. Awfully quiet on the Western front for a month. Any fix would be better than no fix :/

The fact that we haven't seen any update for a month doesn't mean they aren't working on it. It just depends on internal testing, ED is always working on new features and improvements, and like any software, sometimes they find new bugs which need to be fixed.

I'm pretty sure the next update will be huge.

A DCS 2.1 update was planned to be released today but it was delayed to friday. They had some issues. I guess this update also contains fixes and improvements for the normandy. As well as a new spitfire campaign.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Although I guess it will be excellent (to Wags and Bunyaps credit), releasing a Spitfire close-support campaign without bombs and without working (visual) flak seems like an odd choice. I'm curious to see what they have in mind, alhtough as a Spitfire nut I will obviously insta-buy it.

• ED Team
2.1 update was due today, some critical bugs have postponed it, the goal is for Friday, but it depends on how fast the bugs are smashed. Many ED guys are on vacation due to the time of the year...

ED will patch when they are ready to so don't worry

When they do you will see patch notes and news in the usual place

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=105

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

A DCS 2.1 update was planned to be released today but it was delayed to friday. They had some issues. I guess this update also contains fixes and improvements for the normandy. As well as a new spitfire campaign.

Thanks for the info!

The fact that we haven't seen any update for a month doesn't mean they aren't working on it. It just depends on internal testing, ED is always working on new features and improvements, and like any software, sometimes they find new bugs which need to be fixed.

I'm pretty sure the next update will be huge.

Never doubted that. I'm sure they're on it ,working hard, doing their magic. This being said it still blows being stuck with what we have for a month.

I am afraid that when a new Caucasus map appears, all maps will go to DCS 2.1.

DCS 1.5 will no longer exist.

And in Caucasus DCS 2.1 I can fly like in Normandy out. I mean - practically nothing at all.

I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by padonis

I am afraid that when a new Caucasus map appears, all maps will go to DCS 2.1.

DCS 1.5 will no longer exist.

And in Caucasus DCS 2.1 I can fly like in Normandy out. I mean - practically nothing at all.

I hope I'm wrong.

Temporarily it would be bad. But then the team could focus on just one version and fix it much more easily. Not to mention that we wouldn't need to swap between versions, Multiplayer wouldn't be split anymore, etc...

I'm saying this with 1.5 running like a dream with 90 FPS and 2.1 being hardly playable.

• ED Team

Post your system specification please, and a screenshot of your settings, we may be able to suggest a tweak.

The early access builds are undergoing a lot of work and will be optimised even more as it progresses.

Personally I don't have a problem in the air I get 100+ fps on both NTTR and Normandy

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Windows 7 64bit

Motherboard - Asus Sabertooth with 170 s

Processor - Intel i7 6700K

Graphics - Gigabyte nvidia gtx 970 g1 gaming 4gb

Memory - DDR4 2400GHz 16Gb

Drive - 2 x SSD Samsung EVO 250Gb

Monitor - 1920x1080 full HD

NTTR - 60-120 FPS without major problems

Normandy - 18-50 FPS, frequent freezes 1-5 seconds and sometimes worse

- You need to lower the graphics settings to a minimum but it does not improve much (then a very poor sense of altitude over the sea)

In short - very poorly

It is difficult to describe all the problems, I speak bad English

Edited by padonis

Nevada - 18-50 FPS, frequent freezes 1-5 seconds and sometimes worse

- You need to lower the graphics settings to a minimum but it does not improve much (then a very poor sense of altitude over the sea)

In short - very poorly

NTTR (Nevada Test and Training Range) is the same as Nevada.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• ED Team

post a screenshot of your ingame settings

you can use the prtscn key

For NTTR or Normandy? To Normandy I have to lower my settings.

Finally, the graphics settings should be the same for all maps.

Otherwise it would be a tragedy, constantly changing them depending on the map chosen

Normandy

959cec22c66a4cc0.jpg

Edited by padonis

• ED Team
Windows 7 64bit

Motherboard - Asus Sabertooth with 170 s

Processor - Intel i7 6700K

Graphics - Gigabyte nvidia gtx 970 g1 gaming 4gb

Memory - DDR4 2400GHz 16Gb

Drive - 2 x SSD Samsung EVO 250Gb

Monitor - 1920x1080 full HD

Normandy - 18-50 FPS, frequent freezes 1-5 seconds and sometimes worse

In short - very poorly

It is difficult to describe all the problems, I speak bad English

Noticed in your settings you are using a much higher resolution 1920 x 2160 which will put a greater demand on your gtx 970

I would lower visibility range and lower anistropic filtering

Normandy is still being worked on and will be optimised further.

As a comparison I get 60 - 100+ FPS in Normandy

This resolution deals with NTTR on which I fly A-10C, where I have a monitor under MFCD (TGP and MAV). https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=184552

On flights with other airplanes, the bottom of nothing displays - black background.

I do not know what they are freezing screens 1-5 s

On NTTR I am flying with this additional monitor anyway I have 60-100 + FPS

Edited by padonis

I agree one month of no updates and fixes is too long !

You can agree until you turn blue in the face, but that doesn't change the fact that updates won't be released until they are ready for release. Contrary to what some seem to believe, fixing bugs isn't simply done by a magic code generator or automatic debugger. Pushing out half-finished fixes usually does more harm than good.

Yes, patience is the key. Remember that Normandy remains an Alpha release, so it is purely a development platform, and we will only see updates when there is something tried and tested, and brings something of substance to the project.

Someone stated earlier that 1.5 will disappear when 2.5 comes along. Strictly speaking, it will remain extant, but unsupported going forwards, so there will be nothing stopping you from retaining that branch, and using it. It will just no longer be part of the update stream, and new modules most likely won't find their way onto that version of DCS World. But of course with the new Caucasus map and it's leap forwards in visuals, it will soon become totally redundant.

Personally, I hope ED are pushing hard for the release of 2.5, and the Normandy map will be side lined to a degree. Once 2.5 appears, bugs are squashed and becomes the standard, we will benefit in a number of ways. The 3rd party devs will have something concrete to work with, so perhaps the delayed modules will start to reach their final state.

Bottom line, just let ED continue to work on things, and don't expect to see weekly or even monthly updates. Something much better may be just around the corner.

• Like 1