Problems recent update 1.5.6.

bobd

Rename your saved games folder, and restart the game, see if that helps.

If that solves the problem, then you can migrate stuff from your old saved games structure to the new one a few items at a time till you find the files that cause the issue. Just discard them, and you will save most of your settings.

• ED Team

Hi please attach your dcs.log we may find some clues

guide in my signature

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi

we need to do a clean of your install please follow these instructions

go into your Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/bin folder.

There, hold Left Shift and right click and click "Open Command window here."

Then, type the following exactly as printed:

DCS_updater.exe cleanup

this will delete all non official files

then do a dcs repair

DCS_updater.exe repair

hope it helps

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks BIGNEWY, followed your instructions, both cleanup & repair ran successfully, but no help. Don't know if it's important, alpha runs fine. Bad stroke of luck, fresh install just a few weeks ago. :(

Asus ROG Z390, I9 9900K , 32 GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 2080 Ti , Win10 64, Rift CV1 & S VR

• ED Team

Have you made any modifications at all?

00019.692 ALERT LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./Scripts/utils_common.lua"]:118: can't unzOpenCurrentFile

GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[C]: in function 'unzReadAllCurrentFile'

[string "./Scripts/utils_common.lua"]:118: in function 'getNameTheatre'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/FileGrid.lua"]:588: in function 'verifyTheatre'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/FileGrid.lua"]:555: in function 'setPath'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_openfile.lua"]:448: in function 'updateFilesList'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_openfile.lua"]:507: in function 'show'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/MainMenu.lua"]:111: in function 'func'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_wait_screen.lua"]:72: in function 'updater'

[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:64: in function <[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:40>

I would like to try and reproduce this myself

can you give me a step by step of what you do and what mission you try to use

also what antivirus are you using?

I haven't made any changes. The missions I have are very basic & never had a problem. I use Kaspersky, & it's never been an issue. How can I roll back the update? Also I don't know the exact numbers of last update to go back too. That's when problems started. If that doesn't work I'm looking at a reinstall. Thanks,

Edited by bobd

Asus ROG Z390, I9 9900K , 32 GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 2080 Ti , Win10 64, Rift CV1 & S VR

• ED Team

Kaspersky has been known to create issues for DCS it maybe worth a try following the support guide here to see if it helps

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/557/

Kaspersky Internet Security owners:

1. Go to Settings / Protection / Application control settings / Manage application

2. Find all executable files in the DCS World folder:

DCS World\Run.exe

DCS World\bin\DCS.exe

DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe

DCS World\bin\Launcher.exe

DCS World\bin\dcs_protect.exe

3. Right click on it and choose "Details and rules".

4. Select checkbox in exclusions.

Once done try running a repair again

also attach the mission I will take a look