IS it Possible to Slave Maverick to TGP SPI?

Alphamale

it worked! but can i do the same with the TAD?? to mark a SPI in the tad with the cursor it has and then holding V mavs and tgp will go there?? seemed to not work for me. ty

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

it worked! but can i do the same with the TAD?? to mark a SPI in the tad with the cursor it has and then holding V mavs and tgp will go there?? seemed to not work for me. ty

You can. Just not at the same time since you can't display all 3 at once.

Make TAD SOI.

Hold cursor over waypt or markpt.

Press (Lctrl+Up) to Hook and then press and hold (Lctrl+Up) make that point the SPI.

Now depending on if TGP or Mav is on other screen press and hold V to slave that to the SPI

• 3 years later...
I think you need to plan your attack a bit more carefully.

Get out to 15 miles from the target. Use the TGP in Narrow/Wide mode to find the target you want. At about 10 miles you should be able to use Track mode to get an accurate fix on the target. Set it as your SPI.

Set up your autopilot. Set it to path mode and arm it.

Slew your maverick to the SPI using china hat forward long

Roll in on the target, be at a decent hight, 10k is good. Set a slight descent, around 3 degrees. Set your autopilot on. This should hold the approach.

Set your mav as SOI and attempt to lock using TMS up short. When locked, rifle. Dont worry if you cant distinguish the target through the mav seeker head, its not designed for that.

RIFLE!

I have been able to LOCK the MAV using TMS Fwd Short about 30% of the time, every other time I have to rely on the automatic lock... I do the same things each time, really frustrating... usually I am slaving to steerpoint, Something UP LONG and then wiggling the MAV site until it locks...

The TGP idea is what I started out trying to master, I will have to review all commands, they are complex.

Why do the Command Settings not include the part about what they do ! wouldn't that be helpful ?

I have been able to LOCK the MAV using TMS Fwd Short about 30% of the time, every other time I have to rely on the automatic lock... I do the same things each time, really frustrating... usually I am slaving to steerpoint, Something UP LONG and then wiggling the MAV site until it locks...

TMS UP SHORT to lock the Mav on the target under the crosshair works absolutly reliable for me. You have to be in seeker range though (<9nm), as it can't lock above that.

The TGP idea is what I started out trying to master, I will have to review all commands, they are complex.

Why do the Command Settings not include the part about what they do ! wouldn't that be helpful ?

Check the manual pages 86 to 92, as they give a really outstanding overview over the various HOTSA functions.

For example, this is a snippet from the manual about the China Hat:

attachment.php?attachmentid=243815&d=1596178972

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Just curious: Are we talking D / G or H / K?

I mostly had the D in mind when giving my answer.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

In case folks are not aware of this...I've noticed (and read this too) that the D can lock up a target from farther out than some of the other Mavricks... so I always opt for the "D"s when setting up my load out. In my experience a "D" can lock up a target at the max distance, ( I think its like 11 nm), however some of the other ones struggle at more than 6 nm.

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals