Mission: Operation Helping Hand - request for feedback

sirrah

I've put together a mission for the Huey (Caucasus)

Difficulty could be considered medium

Mission duration ±30-45mins (depending on the choices you make and your chopper handling skills)

The player is to help out allied forces, either by providing CAS, and/or sling load supplies to the front, and/or fly in reinforcement anti tank teams. All drop zones will be marked with smoke.

Before throwing it in the user files section, I'd like to know what you guys think. Feedback/tips are very welcome. I thoroughly tested it myself, but I obviously know exactly what to do, where to go and what triggers what. So it would be good to know how someone with a clear mind experiences it.

Oh yeah, no mods required (SC module also not required, despite the dude you see in the picture below)

picture.php?albumid=1313&pictureid=12249

Operation Helping Hand v0.1.miz

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Hi Andrew. Thanks for the feedback.

No, ADF 525kHz is just indicating general direction of the target area. You actually don't need to use it though. It's easier to use landmarks. Just follow Inguri river downstream to the large bridge, and the drop zones will be marked with smoke. For the infantry drop zones it's important to land close to the smoke markers

(I'll remove the ADF radio frequency from the briefing text, as it might just be confusing)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Thanks, I thought it was there.

I fly in vr, on the briefing page the 2nd or 3rd image, the one of the terrain/ map isn't very clear, I can't read the labels. Is it possible to have a sharper or zoomed in image.

The lighting in the mission was spot on.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I also fly VR only. Due to using a very old and crappy monitor aside that, the briefing images look poor.

I made the main mission briefing screen (the one with the title) on my work laptop. Is that better quality?

System specs:

Thanks for the mission...just a few comments so far.

1) I first did the ewr to the location...found the flags and went to drop the load. However another huey tried landing on me.

2) restarted - picked oil drum....went to location...green smoke dropped for reinforcement location....couldn’t find any flags so just dropped near green smoke....rtb...Did first troops...found orange smoke...dropped troops n rtb. Picked up 2nd group....went to location but no smoked popped. Had done it before when just doing orange troops then green troops...green smoked dropped that time.....but got shotdown.

Really like the time of day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Sunwukong. I'll look into both :thumbup:

System specs:

Oh...just thought....the AO looked shot to shit though (via plane attack)...would that stop the smoke from popping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm no it shouldn't. But I'll look into it.

System specs:

Thanks guys

I processed your feedback, did some more tweaking on redfor and bluefor balance and uploaded the mission to the user files section

System specs:

came down a little too hard with the oil, that went off with a bang!

Yeah I had that quite a few times as well :P

But if you do manage you'll have a powerful tank added to the allies :thumbup:

I certainly improved my sling load skills while testing this mission

System specs:

I get some stutters at the start but it smooths out.

Are we supposed to take all three loads?

Thanks for the mission!

It's totally up to you :)

You can take as many as you like, or none at all. Same with the anti tank squads. You can also rearm, choose other/better weapons and try to kill em all by yourself (however I don't recommend it, because it'll be hard :P)

System specs:

• 7 months later...

I pimped this mission a bit. (hence the 2.0 😎)

Hope you guys will give it a go and let me know what you think

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311394/

FRONT_SCREEN_small.jpg

(@forum moderator, please move this thread to the UH-1 mission sub-forum. I didn't know it existed when I opened this thread)

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 1

System specs:

Thank you for your mission  😀

I just find it lacking guidelines, in RL, is it the pilot to decide what to do?

The choices are theoretically ordered by the QG to organize the CAS,

As a pilot I have trouble having a vision of the real need to succeed the mission.

But the action is nice, I will do and redo the mission to try not to fail 😅 

Keep going 👍

@Zap921; I can't seem to change that date..

Added the date behind "version 2.0"

7 hours ago, Tanuki44 said:

Thank you for your mission  😀

I just find it lacking guidelines, in RL, is it the pilot to decide what to do?

The choices are theoretically ordered by the QG to organize the CAS,

As a pilot I have trouble having a vision of the real need to succeed the mission.

But the action is nice, I will do and redo the mission to try not to fail 😅 

Keep going 👍

I purposely don't give specific orders on what to do, to give the player as much freedom as possible.

Honestly there is no good or bad in what decisions you make.

This way you could fly the mission multiple times and try a different order of sling load, to see what works best.

Spoiler:

Spoiler

I usually start with the EWR parts, as they help you get rid of those pesky MiGs

(Though, check your kneeboard pictures as the EWR drop zone might be difficult to see when it's still dark)

Also, be aware that you can both pick up a squad (anti tank or mortar team) and do a sling load simultaneously in one run

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

Ran one load of soldiers up to the front and on the way back to base got called to assist with some medevac at Camp Charlie.  Unfortunately, I couldn't respond due to time restraints IRL, couldn't sleep last night knowing I didn't help those guys.  Anyway, time of day and traffic in the area was nice!  Looking forward to a couple more runs, good job!!

1 hour ago, Zap921 said:

Ran one load of soldiers up to the front and on the way back to base got called to assist with some medevac at Camp Charlie.  Unfortunately, I couldn't respond due to time restraints IRL, couldn't sleep last night knowing I didn't help those guys.  Anyway, time of day and traffic in the area was nice!  Looking forward to a couple more runs, good job!!

Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated! 

• Like 1

System specs: