DCS: Persian Gulf Map Trailer

Silvern

Already sit and wait for the Harrier.

So another wait for Pre-purchase.. a new map.

And... the Tomcat

And... the Hornet

Come too daddy.... :D :music_whistling: :pilotfly: :thumbup:

P.s. in between the great merge to 2.5

Santa is coming hard and give BIG this year!!:xmas::xmas:

The only thing that'd make it all better is if ED included an all-expenses paid vacation to Dubai for the first ten buyers! :pilotfly:

wow pretty map.

Have not expected info about that one so soon.

Makes you wonder we have

Mig 29 - check

F 5 - chcek

F14 in the works

F18 soon

hmmm if only ;-)

Mirage F1, Su 24, Phantom

Well:

Phantom - soon (Belsimtek)

Mirage F1 - ASAP I hope I love this one! (Aviodev)

Real world events are making the Strait of Hormuz the "must-have" map. There's a major arms build-up going on in the region among the Arab states. They're buying everything with petrodollars and natural gas profits - American, British, French, and Russian weaponry. This makes nearly every piece of weaponry in the DCS universe fair game for employment in the SoH.

Political tensions are rising as well; there's a good chance we may see an armed clash or two over the Strait in the near future.

True... but:

1 - I think it looks more cinematic, since 99,9% of my videos are made in a cinematic way anyway.

2 - It actually serves as a good tool during editing. Sometimes I need to frame the shot better, allign stuff more in the center. With the black bars I can move the picture up/down/tilt left and right and not worry too much of any quality loss of the image by zooming in.

But hey, maybe for any future "gameplay" videos I can try to remove the bars. We'll see :)

Dont change it lol they look good :thumbup:

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Wow, I can't imagine what the RAM requirements for this map will be.

So beautiful.... :)

Don't worry, by the time the map is released 32GB of RAM will be the lowest standard anyway for most games:) I mean I myself have 16gb and playing DCS on higher settings especially in some missions my ram usage goes up to 14GB and performance goes down dramatically so I'm already thinking about an upgrade. There is no doubt that if you are gonna play in SoH on high settings you will need more than 16gb.

come on, it's still middle east and deserts

indeed, just get us close to there virtually. :)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Hmm the map is fantastic for now but I gotta raise the alarm. Those trees look ported from Caucuses or Vegas. In the UAE the trees are darker, much more dense and low (shrub like). Also far more palm trees in residential areas in contrast to the video.

I hope the trees shown in the video are placeholders.

Edited by terminator363

Happy Bug Hunting!

Hmm the map is fantastic for now but I gotta raise the alarm. Those trees look ported from Caucuses or Vegas. In the UAE the trees are darker, much more dense and low (shrub like). Also far more palm trees in residential areas in contrast to the video.

More than likely.

What I like most about DCS is that the development never stops. Eventually, we will get the perfect product, it's just a matter of time.

Everything in the UAE has a coating of dust and sand. Greens are very subdued and dull compared to a green tree here in the states

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

we'll need some new ground units modeled for this: armed SUV's and pickups (with DSHK/KPV/ZU-23-2 in the back), VBIEDs

totally agree, these days, tactical and modified trucks, pickups and SUV s are major part of many conflicts and civil wars in middle east (as seen in Syria and Iraq) although I really think the possible scenarios in strait of Hormuz might be different from what we see everyday in Syria and Iraq.

these days, tactical and modified trucks, pickups and SUV s are major part of many conflicts and civil wars in middle east

We don't have today's airplanes and choppers in the game, so personally I do not care about these. What we need is more like a cold war era setup, not today.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We don't have today's airplanes and choppers in the game, so personally I do not care about these. What we need is more like a cold war era setup, not today.

This!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg