Nevada Las Vegas - Huey Ambulance Duty

great ! thanks !

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Update

Update: The helipad mod has been removed completely since it too seems to make DCS crash after the latest 2.5.6. version.

Mods used in the adapted version is: NatoGF and modified version of Civil_Objects mods that no longer include buildings.

Summary: It seems structures in both helipad and civil_object mod are causing the same issue.

It's a shame cause those buildings and helipads makes missions look hot.

Nonetheless a new mission file is uploaded as well as updated mod package files.

Hospital buildings are replaced with the single helipad structure and has a tent to make it seem a bit hospital"ish"...

Download link in the OP.

Edited by NoFear1979

PC: Good enough for running DCS flawlessly on high end settings :thumbup:

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

Slaw Device Rudder Pedals

Trackhat Headtracker

Update

Update: Did a testrun tonight on the mission and it works fine. Hospitals replaced with vanilla helipads and tents (for now).

Edited by NoFear1979

Trackhat Headtracker

Announcement

The mission is now availible with the previous hospitals again. I downloaded a modpackage including it just for the fun of it, and it worked.

I don't know if it's because ED fixed something or that this mod package is somehow working with DCS 2.5.6.

Nonetheless the mission is now availible with the hospitals again, but I also have the farp version linked in the OP just in case shit would happen.

Enjoy :)

Edited by NoFear1979

Trackhat Headtracker

Update

Added Vanilla FARP's at Farp Central, North and South position to the "with hospital" mission files - they were missing.

Edited by NoFear1979

Trackhat Headtracker

Update

Updated mission 51 with beacon for the "patients" location.

This update is done on the "with hospital" mission files.

Edited by NoFear1979

Trackhat Headtracker

Update

for the corrupted skin, here's a fix

0. search the skin folder on DCS

1. look for texture files called *.bmp.dds or *.tga.dds and rename them to *.dds

2. in the description.lua then rename anything referring to "*.bmp" (or *.tga) by removing the '.bmp/tga'

Updated the ambulance liverie as stated above - better graphic quality provided o7

Edited by NoFear1979

Trackhat Headtracker

Update

Updated "With hospital" mission files:

- FARP central, south and north now has additional vehicles and structures present giving some light presence to it - easier to detect in darkness.

Edited by NoFear1979

Trackhat Headtracker

Update

Updated "With hospital" mission files:

- FARP locations updated to make them even more better to spot and land at in dark conditions, also looks way more immersive now.

- Preview pictures added in the OP.

Edited by NoFear1979

Trackhat Headtracker

Update

Adjusted conditions on Mission 18 and 21 to make them work as they should.

Removed the link to the mission version without hospitals due to their status being obsolete.

Changed all "crew winter" infantry units to "crew", due to winter based being invisible.

Edited by NoFear1979

Trackhat Headtracker

Update

- Downloaded a new version of the NatoGF mod into the mod folder, this solves the issue with certain infantry models being invisible.

- Rolled back the mission files to include "crew winter" units.

Edited by NoFear1979

Trackhat Headtracker

Appriciation post

Yes me too, amazing mission, and thanks for this work.

Really awesome play time, and enjoying the concept ( and the ME work too )

Glad to hear you enjoy it! Thanks for the feedback :)

Last night I tried for the first time this mission.

Getting a call works fine, however Im having problems when landing at an accident area, it takes forever for the guys on the ground to move. Maybe Im landing far away from the event?

Also I got repeating messages of the wounded guy, complaining. Literally like a billion on the course of our trip to the hospital.

The mission is quite heavy on performance, I guess because of the combination of dusk/dawn times, mods and scripts.

The Huey ambulance texture is somehow corrupted, but I don´t know if it´s a problem on my side, I downloaded a lot of skins for the chopper and many of them don´t show properly, main rotor blades and upper fuselage are like painted with a different template.

Other than that it´s a very nice experience.

- Could you specify which mission this is related too? I have noticed that sometimes when troops are spawned in the Ragnar script they have vanished once you land. I think this could be the answer to your question. Simply that they may have died from the explosion or died from the timer countdown based on how wounded they are (or a combo of both).

- I can't do much about the billion amounts of messages being spammed. Maybe Ragnar who made the script can develop on it.

- Granted the mission may be heavy on terms of what you mention, however I've noticed that it smooths out after a while, so could be related to a loading/processing time of x amounts minutes. In general it has been very smooth once you've been at it for a couple of minutes.

- I've fixed the skin so it now shows high quality graphics.

- And at last, glad to hear you enjoy it! :)

Thankyou for creating this mission. I found it for the first time the other day, and since then ive lost hours flying this in VR. It has to be one of the best Huey missions ive ever used. There’s something immensely satisfying flying medivac, and with the amount of take off and landing that are involved in this mission, my landings and approaches are improving significantly.

Highly recommended to anyone who wants to fly slicks or just wants a break from blowing stuff up.

- Thank you for your feedback, I am humbled by your rating of it being one of the best Huey missions you've used o7. Glad you enjoy it and find it to be productive as well as alot of fun! Appriciate your recommendation! :D

Thank you so much for creating this content! I'm super excited to fly it.

- Thank you for your feedback, much appriciated! I am glad that you enjoy it! :D

Trackhat Headtracker

Announcement

Work in progress:

Adding notifications if landing outside of LZ (trigger zones) on missions where the RagnarDA script is not in use. - SORTED

Setting late activation on specific mission units which should help to improve play experience with less lag or heavy performance issues. As far as Ive noticed this is only present for a few minutes upon mission start.

Edited by NoFear1979

Trackhat Headtracker

Update

- All missions not using the RagnarDA script has been updated with notifications if landing outside the LZ area (trigger zone). This notification will be active and reoccurent until the Medevac has landed inside the LZ area, and the patient(s) has been picked up.

Edit: a few missions excepted since they have a different build up condition wise compared to the above mentioned.

Edited by NoFear1979

Trackhat Headtracker

Update

Noted that some units that are set to explode does not get destroyed, but rather damaged. This does not generate the wounded units through RagnarDA's script - a destroyed vehicle is needed.

- Updated mission 64 to pickup preplaced units instead of script spawned ones.

I will go through all missions using the sript to make sure that this is not occuring on other missions.

Trackhat Headtracker

Announcement

Noticed that the Medevac Script had somehow dropped out of the mission files. It has been re-added.

Edited by NoFear1979

Trackhat Headtracker

Announcment / Update

- Verified all scripted missions to work with exploding vehicles generating wounded units to simulate patients with a timer countdown. All working as intended. Probable cause of it not working was that the script had somehow been lost inside the mission file.

- Updated mission 11 and 64 to preplaced infantry units for pickup only.

- Mission files are updated. By now I have checked every mission availible so it should be all good.

- Future plans will be to add even more mission content and expanding more outside the city (but not to far).

- Hope people are having a shit ton of fun with it :joystick: Dont forget to download the latest updated mission file! :pilotfly:

Trackhat Headtracker

Update

- Added sortie title and briefing images.

- Adjusted Medevac heli positions on hospital landing pads.

- Adjusted the skin of armed infantry units serving as police units, now shown in SWAT uniform.

- Added military infantry units on certain missions.

- Removed static objects that where hidden inside other static objects.

Trackhat Headtracker

Announcement

- I've created a version for the Mi-8MTV2 helicopter for those who would prefer using that instead.

- Please note that the hospital frequencies are predefined for the helicopter as well as a frequency for one of the out of city missions (no spoilers allowed, you can figure it out when it comes to it).

- To make the out of city missions more convinient for Mi-8MTV2 pilots I've added information about actual grids of relevance as a reference point along with more specific details on some missions. Due to that all frequencies could not be predefined for the Mi-8MTV2 (which is why the UH-1H is the primary helicopter suited for the mission).

- A proper skin for the Mi-8MTV2 is provided in it's mission folder as well.

- Download link added in the OP.

Trackhat Headtracker

• 4 weeks later...

I just downloaded the mission files, skins, and necessary mods, as directed. When I attempt to start the mission (the "dawn" variant), I get a compile error:

DX11Renderer - Error

Shader "model/fake_spot_lights.fx" failed to compile -
HRESULT: ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND

Am I doing something wrong, or did the latest DCS update break things again?

Thanks for creating this mission. I am looking forward to flying it!

Rick

• 4 weeks later...
This would be awesome on the new Syria map!

With all the helipads about and what not the idea has crossed my mind :)

To be continued :thumbup:

Trackhat Headtracker

I just downloaded the mission files, skins, and necessary mods, as directed. When I attempt to start the mission (the "dawn" variant), I get a compile error:

DX11Renderer - Error

Shader "model/fake_spot_lights.fx" failed to compile -
HRESULT: ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND

Am I doing something wrong, or did the latest DCS update break things again?

Thanks for creating this mission. I am looking forward to flying it!

Rick

My apologies for not paying attention to that. I have found a workaround for this issue.

I read somewhere that it could be fixed by adding additional fake spot light files by specific names.

I have compiled a zip file with all essential files to sort this issue out.

However BACKUP your current files just in case (always a good idea no matter what).

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OXxaz3jAFqSZrfBGE7jqgeYamP0SbaMB/view?usp=sharing

Exract the files to the following folder in the DCS install directory: "DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\shaders\model"

Let me know if you got it all sorted.

Edited by NoFear1979

Trackhat Headtracker