VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

14 minutes ago, -Demon- said:

Hey there, 

after a long time i am trying to get my hands on that VoiceAttack again. I read all through this thread and someone had the same issue as I. It got fixed by a hotfix but I am experiencing the same error while importing the vaicom profile for DCS and getting this error: 

image.png

it says: [error in the XML-Dcument [0,0] Main element is not existend.

Any Ideas how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Just out of interest, do you have any others of Bailey's profiles. I am running the L-39 one at the moment and there was no config element in that one. The only thing i had missing was the DCS-BIOS file which put a link to in his PDF document that came with the profile.

2 hours ago, -Demon- said:

Hey there, 

after a long time i am trying to get my hands on that VoiceAttack again. I read all through this thread and someone had the same issue as I. It got fixed by a hotfix but I am experiencing the same error while importing the vaicom profile for DCS and getting this error: 

image.png

it says: [error in the XML-Dcument [0,0] Main element is not existend.

Any Ideas how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Turn on debugging in VAICOM control panel. And also make sure VA is running as admin. 

16 hours ago, Freakmeister51 said:

Just out of interest, do you have any others of Bailey's profiles. I am running the L-39 one at the moment and there was no config element in that one. The only thing i had missing was the DCS-BIOS file which put a link to in his PDF document that came with the profile.

Hey 🙂 yes I am using the Huey, F-16 and the F-14 of Bailey's profiles. Well not using it right now just installed the profiles. I havent read anything about the DCS-Bios although I know about it and what it does. But that error comes while loading the VAICOM profile.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

:pilotfly:

14 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Turn on debugging in VAICOM control panel. And also make sure VA is running as admin. 

I have done so but I am affraid this did not help. Still the same error. Here is the log:

10:11:08.385 Custom DCS path set to H:\DCS World OpenBeta
10:10:32.252 Opening Configuration window
10:09:21.190 Plugin 'VAICOM PRO for DCS World' initialized.
10:09:21.181 Ready for commands.
10:09:21.181 Startup finished.
10:09:21.168 Listening suspended
10:09:21.139 Chatter theme init: The object reference was not set to an object instance.
10:09:21.138 Adding themepack collections
10:09:21.133 No new DCS modules to import.
10:09:21.132 Success.
10:09:21.131 Building master labels table...
10:09:21.131 The object reference was not set to an object instance./n at VAICOM.Database.Aliases.BuildKneeboardAliasList()
10:09:21.125 Building kneeboard tables...
10:09:21.123 Building master keywords table...
10:09:21.123 Adding 0 imported menu commands.
10:09:21.108 Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.
10:09:21.093 Done.
10:09:21.092 Updating aliases..
10:09:21.084 Loading F10 menu items...
10:09:21.084 Success.
10:09:21.018 Loading keywords database...
10:09:20.995 Done.
10:09:20.970 Initializing database tables...
10:09:20.962 Checking VA profile.
10:09:20.944 DCS World version STEAM not found.
10:09:20.937    6/7 DCS-side files were updated.
10:09:20.937    Reset: gameMessages.lua
10:09:20.935    Reset: TabSheetBar.lua
10:09:20.934    Reset: common.lua
10:09:20.933    Reset: speech.lua
10:09:20.933    Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua
10:09:20.932    Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua
10:09:20.931    Unchanged: Export.lua
10:09:20.931    Saved Games folder = C:\Users\****\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta
10:09:20.928    Install path = H:\DCS World OpenBeta
10:09:20.928    Using custom install path for 2.5 OpenBeta
10:09:20.928 DCS World version 2.5 not found.
10:09:20.918 Executing automatic lua code installation.
10:09:20.798 License: PRO
10:09:20.798 Plugin version 2.5.26.4 (release)
10:09:20.401 Profile startup : 'Reset Huey Frequencies'
10:09:20.344 Initializing..
10:09:20.344 Press LCtrl+LAlt+C for config.
10:09:20.344 VAICOM PRO for DCS World. License: PRO
10:09:14.389 Plugin support enabled.

I cant see anything suspicious except for the " The object reference was not set to an object instance." 

Edited by -Demon-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

8 minutes ago, -Demon- said:

Hey 🙂 yes I am using the Huey, F-16 and the F-14 of Bailey's profiles. Well not using it right now just installed the profiles. I havent read anything about the DCS-Bios although I know about it and what it does. But that error comes while loading the VAICOM profile.

Does it just happen with the F-16 profile, or all of them?

@-Demon-

Well, you are loading Bailey's Huey profile by default. Or at least parts of it. "Reset Huey Frequencies" tells me so. It's not using DCS-Bios. 

Re-read your post. Are you saying that importing the VAICOM profile gives you the error? Or starting VA? 

Can you bring up the VAICOM control panel? If yes, go to export and export a brand new clean profile. And try to import it. Also check if you have set any global profiles. 

I've seen that "object reference" message before. Hmmm

1 minute ago, MAXsenna said:

@-Demon-

Well, you are loading Bailey's Huey profile by default. Or at least parts of it. "Reset Huey Frequencies" tells me so. It's not using DCS-Bios. 

Re-read your post. Are you saying that importing the VAICOM profile gives you the error? Or starting VA? 

Can you bring up the VAICOM control panel? If yes, go to export and export a brand new clean profile. And try to import it. Also check if you have set any global profiles. 

I don't think that Bailey's Voice Attack profiles will mix with Viacom Pro, to be honest Max...

3 minutes ago, Freakmeister51 said:

I don't think that Bailey's Voice Attack profiles will mix with Viacom Pro, to be honest Max...

Of course they will if, you mess about and merge them! 😄

I just tested Bailey's Huey profile before Christmas, so I recognised the message. It's for sure not part of VAICOM.

@-Demon-

Anyway, to get rid of the error in the log, reset keywords database. Do that, export profile and import clean one. Set it as default in VA, remove global profiles. Hopefully this solves it. 

Re-add globals as needed. 

51 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

@-Demon-

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I get the error only when I try to import the Vaicom Profile as described in the manual and several Tutorials on the net. But I cant import the vaicom profile because it gives me the shown error. I will try to do everything Max said, allthough I just understand half of it... 😕

and yes, I can bring up the Vaicom control panel

Edited by -Demon-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

ok I got rid of the object not found error. This was because of the chatter plugin which was not registered. I just deleted that out of the extensions folder within VA. But the Vaicom Profile still does not import. still shows the error from my first post.

Here again the latest log:

4:07:38.194 Plugin 'VAICOM PRO for DCS World' initialized.
4:07:38.184 Ready for commands.
4:07:38.184 Startup finished.
4:07:38.169 Listening suspended
4:07:38.099 No new DCS modules to import.
4:07:38.098 Success.
4:07:38.097 Building master labels table...
4:07:38.097 Success.
4:07:38.093 Building kneeboard tables...
4:07:38.091 Success.
4:07:38.089 Building master keywords table...
4:07:38.088 Adding 0 imported menu commands.
4:07:38.073 Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.
4:07:38.057 Done.
4:07:38.057 Updating aliases..
4:07:38.056 Success.
4:07:38.056 Loading F10 menu items...
4:07:38.055 Success.
4:07:38.046 Loading keywords database...
4:07:38.027 Done.
4:07:37.999 Initializing database tables...
4:07:37.992 Checking VA profile.
4:07:37.972 DCS World version STEAM not found.
4:07:37.965    6/7 DCS-side files were updated.
4:07:37.965    Reset: gameMessages.lua
4:07:37.964    Reset: TabSheetBar.lua
4:07:37.963    Reset: common.lua
4:07:37.961    Reset: speech.lua
4:07:37.961    Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua
4:07:37.959    Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua
4:07:37.959    Unchanged: Export.lua
4:07:37.958    Saved Games folder = C:\Users\night\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta
4:07:37.956    Install path = H:\DCS World OpenBeta
4:07:37.956    Using custom install path for 2.5 OpenBeta
4:07:37.955 DCS World version 2.5 not found.
4:07:37.946 Executing automatic lua code installation.
4:07:37.834 License: PRO
4:07:37.834 Plugin version 2.5.26.4 (release)
4:07:37.356 Initializing..
4:07:37.356 Press LCtrl+LAlt+C for config.
4:07:37.356 VAICOM PRO for DCS World. License: PRO
4:07:37.118 Plugin support enabled.

Couldn't it be that just the Vaicom Profile for DCS.vap is broken? Can someone export the vaicom default vap and just link it here so I can try this working one?

VAICOM PRO for DCS World.vap

Edited by -Demon-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

@-Demon-

Right. On your first post, your picture shows "My new profile", so I'm guessing no profile is loaded.

And you get the error when trying to import a VAICOMpro.vap or do you get the error when trying to select it in the drop down with already imported profiles? 

Anyway. I'm not on my computer. But in the VAICOM control panel, you have various options to export/import configuration/data. 

On the Config tab. Export a new clean vaicompro.vap to import. 

On the reset page, reset the keywords. 

Start with this, and hopefully we'll get further. 😊 

3 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

@-Demon-

Right. On your first post, your picture shows "My new profile", so I'm guessing no profile is loaded.

And you get the error when trying to import a VAICOMpro.vap or do you get the error when trying to select it in the drop down with already imported profiles? 

Anyway. I'm not on my computer. But in the VAICOM control panel, you have various options to export/import configuration/data. 

On the Config tab. Export a new clean vaicompro.vap to import. 

On the reset page, reset the keywords. 

Start with this, and hopefully we'll get further. 😊 

Ok the export worked and I could finaly import that into VA. Thanks a bunch Max. Problem Solved. So I guess the original vaicom.vap was corrupted

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

Oldish issue, newly isolated.  I am unable to find a post about this issue.

Conditions:  VAICOM PRO (any recent version including the most recent), All addons, flying in the F/A-18C Hornet.

Issue:  AWACS calls Hornet by Unit Number - not flight call sign.  I.e. AWACS refers to jet as "1711" vice "Doge 1-1" or similar.

I ran a repair on DCS and didn't fix VAICOM PRO and the problem disappeared.  Had friend confirm the issue for me.  The issue doesn't exist for other aircraft.

I have been running VAICOM PRO for a while so it could be that the export files never updated as intended for something else.  All the files in my export directory are dated 06 JUNE 2020 which means that they are likely not up to date, especially for the new Hornet call signs.

23 hours ago, WOPR said:

Oldish issue, newly isolated.  I am unable to find a post about this issue.

Conditions:  VAICOM PRO (any recent version including the most recent), All addons, flying in the F/A-18C Hornet.

Issue:  AWACS calls Hornet by Unit Number - not flight call sign.  I.e. AWACS refers to jet as "1711" vice "Doge 1-1" or similar.

I ran a repair on DCS and didn't fix VAICOM PRO and the problem disappeared.  Had friend confirm the issue for me.  The issue doesn't exist for other aircraft.

I have been running VAICOM PRO for a while so it could be that the export files never updated as intended for something else.  All the files in my export directory are dated 06 JUNE 2020 which means that they are likely not up to date, especially for the new Hornet call signs.

I can confirm this issue for the Hornet.

27 minutes ago, Mikelug said:

s not working for more than a month

It is working fine, and has been all this time. Issue is on your side. or your ISP. This is the direct download link but will likely not work for you if you cannot access the site 

https://www.vaicompro.com/uploads/7/5/4/3/75436709/vaicom_pro_for_dcs_world.msi

I can upload it to a public share, if you like. But guess that when you try to activate the license it will have an issue

Edited by AdrianL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AdrianL said:

It is working fine, and has been all this time. Issue is on your side. or your ISP. This is the direct download link but will likely not work for you if you cannot access the site 

https://www.vaicompro.com/uploads/7/5/4/3/75436709/vaicom_pro_for_dcs_world.msi

I can upload it to a public share, if you like. But guess that when you try to activate the license it will have an issue

I've tried from the phone with mobile intenet. Nothing changed. Maybe they banned the whole country, I don't want to install VPN to check it.

I face the following issue, when I speak a command like "options" it will execute with random delay. If I execute some standard voiceattack command, it executes immediately as expected.

In both cases I can see in voiceattack window the recognition is correct. I have both voiceattack and vaicom latest versions, any ideas?

3 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Install Tor Browser and just configure the exit point manually. 

Tried with French IP address in Tor Browser and got the 406 error:

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /index.html could not be found on this server.

5 hours ago, tomeye said:

I face the following issue, when I speak a command like "options" it will execute with random delay. If I execute some standard voiceattack command, it executes immediately as expected.

In both cases I can see in voiceattack window the recognition is correct. I have both voiceattack and vaicom latest versions, any ideas?

VAICOM uses the network to talk to DCS, while VA just sends keybinds to the defined window. That's why you won't see any delays from VA commands. Apples and pears. 

As for the delay you get, I cannot answer. Some modules seems to have this issue more than others. Might also be an issue with the latest DCS update if you are on OB. 

Which module are you having issues with? 

4 hours ago, Mikelug said:

Tried with French IP address in Tor Browser and got the 406 error:

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /index.html could not be found on this server.

Haven't used Tor for a while. But IIRC, I added France (country code?), as an exit point, (no IP address), in some Config file whenever I want to watch French television. 

I have been using VA+Vaicom for more than a year now without a problem. I think you are right and the issue appeared after the latest update on OB. I am trying now with uh-1h but I will try with other modules and update the thread.

• Like 1