Chuck's Guides - DCS Tutorial Library

Charly_Owl

Hi Chuck, any chance we will get the F-5 guide from you?

Please and thanks!

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hi Chuck,

HUGE THANK YOU!

With no other tutorials have I understood the planes in DCS

as well as with yours.:prop:

:):):)

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Je vous remercie pour votre travail, mon ami d'avion.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

please, update the rampstart checklist of L-39

-RDO

-FLT RECORDER

-Set inner and outer NDBs frequencies on RKL-41.

-Set navigation and landing channels on RSBN-5S control panel.

-Set airfield atmospheric pressure on ZDV-30. Set required communication channel on R-832M.

-Set MC – GC switch into MC position, N – S switch in N, set the latitude of the airfield.

-Alternative use for Ground Power

-Call for wheel chocks

-Use Stopwatch button for apu e engine start

-Operation mode switch on the RLK-41 control panel has to be set to C AUT.

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

this is a complete Start-up, use it to improve the tutorial of L-39

;)

Ps: Great job and thanks for your work.

L-39 Start-Up.pdf

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

Chuck,

Thanks X 10e9 for those brilliant tutorials. I loved the m2000 reference to buck Danny and Dan cooper , all heroes from my childhood.

Greetings from Switzerland

:pilotfly:

win 10x64 - Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero - I9 9900K@5.0GHz - Samsung 970 EVO m2 2TB - RAM Corsair 64GB DDR4 - Corsair H150i pro - Strix RTX 2080 Ti- oculus rift S and a few other goodies :joystick:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Chuck , what's coming next?

Quelles sont les prochaines nouveautés ?

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Hi Chuck , what's coming next?

Quelles sont les prochaines nouveautés ?

P-40F and Spitfire Mk IX.

I also have to complete the Gazelle Mistral version, update the FW190 and Bf.109 guides and update the radio-navigation section on the MiG-15. Oh, and maybe some stuff on the Mirage too.

P-40F and Spitfire Mk IX.

I also have to complete the Gazelle Mistral version, update the FW190 and Bf.109 guides and update the radio-navigation section on the MiG-15. Oh, and maybe some stuff on the Mirage too.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Hey Chuck do you receive info from the development prior to release or do have to wait for the manual to be released?

Sometimes yes, sometimes I have to wait like everyone else.

As an example: http://www.mudspike.com/qa-with-veao-p-40f-preview/

• 1 month later...
Charly

Does the MI-8 guide include all of their latest features?

Hello Chuck , any news about M2000c ?

Charly

Does the MI-8 guide include all of their latest features?

Those that are relevant to basic systems that are mandatory to fly the aircraft, yes. The superfluous ones (that are still nice to have nonetheless) like the fan... no.

Hello Chuck , any news about M2000c ?

What about it? Seems like most basic systems are still up to date last time I checked.

What about it? Seems like most basic systems are still up to date last time I checked.

By example , i was thinking about INS bombardement like explain by Zeus : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175703&page=2 :smilewink:

I think INS bombardment, while pretty interesting, is more of an advanced functionality that isn't very practical once a target moves (or INS drift offsets your coordinates). It is an advanced feature that is more suited for Razbam's manual than my "quick guide", which is already way too long for my liking already. My work isn't meant to replace the official manual, merely to complement it. If I went through everything, I would probably end up with a 300-or-so pages long brick. Plutôt indigeste.

Hi Charly, please, update the rampstart checklist of L-39

-RDO

-FLT RECORDER

-Set airfield atmospheric pressure on ZDV-30. Set required communication channel on R-832M.

-Set MC – GC switch into MC position, N – S switch in N, set the latitude of the airfield.

-Call for wheel chocks

Thanks

ps: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2863105&postcount=158

New to DCS and the A-10C and found your tutorials to be invaluable. I keep reading and re-reading and continually learning new stuff. Your guide will be so much easier for me to learn with. Now the manual is making more sense.... I think...

I thank you for your effort on this and all the other ones you have worked on.

Super helpful for me on the Sabre jet and the F-5. I did find a grammar error on the F-5 doc, under your explanation of the pitch limiter:

"The limiter can be overridden if you apply if you force a little more on the stick; this will allow you to have a much faster roll rate."

Good stuff, thank you for doing a LOT of hard work to help us noobs get into our jets a little easier.

~S

Hi Charly, please, update the rampstart checklist of L-39

-RDO

-FLT RECORDER

-Call for wheel chocks

Thanks

ps: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2863105&postcount=158

I'll put a link to your checklist in the References section when I get the chance. Mine is more of a "quick n' dirty", yours is much more complete. Thanks for reminding me, it completely slipped under the radar for a while.

Super helpful for me on the Sabre jet and the F-5. I did find a grammar error on the F-5 doc, under your explanation of the pitch limiter:

"The limiter can be overridden if you apply if you force a little more on the stick; this will allow you to have a much faster roll rate."

Good stuff, thank you for doing a LOT of hard work to help us noobs get into our jets a little easier.

~S

Oops, my bad. Will fix when I get the chance.