Hornet team

hanab

hi,

ED has always told us that the development of the hornet was not stopped and that the systems took time to finish because they were complex. The team worked hard to add or finish them. So in order to help ED and stop the fears of the players on the development of the hornet, I twice asked ED to give the number of people working on this plane (here and here).

This would have reassured us of the importance for them on this project. As they did at the beginning of the year, talking about the 4 engineers and their systems.

Unfortunately BIGNEWY (whom I thank) asked but without a answer from the company. Wags unfortunately ignored my request.

What conclusions can we have?

If the team was important, it would have been logical to communicate by confirming the 4 or more engineers working on it. But unanswered, we can imagine that the team is very small which explains the lack of new systems for weeks. This can also be explained by the number of projects developed at the same time by a small company as the producer says (here ).

For my part, I don't know what to think about all this. I'm starting to get tired of this lack of communication.

I am very sad to see my favorite aircraft almost abandoned :cry:.

I hope to have an answer before a CM warns me, closes or removes the subject. Because for now it's their answer.

Thanks

Edited by hanab

Updates from the last month and a half:

• The initial release of the AA/ANQ-28 Litening Targeting Pod (WIP). Other modes like air-to-air mode, INR tracking, additional HUD symbology, and slave to target point, and other functions will be added later in early access.
  • Marking a target on the SA page with PLID now is shown correctly on the radar page.
  • Sharing PLID info in Multiplayer displayed correctly to and from donors.
  • STEP data now matches Radar Data for a selected target.
  • SA page STEP marker doesn't pass through all displayed contacts - fixed
  • SA page EXPAND option added
  • JDAM TOO mode does not respect WPTs loaded as TOO MSN 1 or TOO MSN 2 - fixed
  • Radar shows target as hostile even if DL and NTCR are turned off - fixed
  • MSI: donor HAFU not displayed on RADAR page - fixed
  • Fixed a crash that could happen when trying to restart AUTO at the end of a WP route.
  • Fixed disabling AUTO in mid-route could break AUTO sequence.
  • TDC movement now shuts off STEP.
  • Radar altimeter is now set correctly at zero before Hornet start-up.
  • Updated the Hornet Guide.
  • Fixed CTD when setting bomb interval.
  • Added work-in-progress AGM-84D Harpoon in BOL mode (for single player first)
  • AGM-65F IR Option WHT/BLK now only changes proper elements and not entire screen
  • TGP FOV no longer changes when MAV is selected and on screen
  • FLIR - LTD/R - LST Key Assignments now available in Options
  • EXPAND will close when target is lost
  • EXPAND will not affect the Radar causing loss of targets
  • SCS Depress no longer controls Point/Area Track selection
  • Added Litening Pod to centerline station in single missions.
  • AIM9 boresight reticle restored.
  • Laser latch function works in different way randomly fixed.
  • AGM-65F will be possible to fire when if it's slaved by pod.
  • TGP Zoom will not controls Radar elevation in FLIR page.
  • Added input commands for FLIR, LTD/R, LST/NFLR switches.
  • Digital Map: electric circuit, TV screen condition for camera fixed.
  • Moving map fixed after GPS warmed up.
  • FLIR polarity switch no more affects on Maverick picture
  • AGM-84D Harpoon network trajectory fixed
  • JSOW/JDAM Launch Zones will now update when switching to TGP TGT Point
  • Maverick no longer tries to lock while during slew to TGT Point with Non-Realistic TDC Slew Option
  • Weapon Programming no longer retained after the aircraft is shut down
  • Auto-bombing no longer affected by unselected waypoint altitude
  • AGM-65E(F) indicates RDY when Master ARM is SAFE - fixed.
  • Added some more input commands for FLIR controls on Right Console on Sensor Panel for 3-pos switches in category "Special For Joystick".
  • AGM-65 FOV can be changed even when not selected.
  • Aircraft position initialization, WPT designation isn't canceled by range if aircraft position is invalid.

Hardly "nearly abandoned".

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I really just don't understand why it is important to know how many team members are working on the Hornet. Even if you got an answer from ED what would that change? I'm not a 3D model maker, or a script writer, there for saying "We have 6 people working on this!"

doesn't answer any questions for me. Work load, complexity, bug fixing, making sure bug fixes don't cause new bugs all need to be thought of. This, to me and IMO, makes this kind of thread useless.

I really just don't understand why it is important to know how many team members are working on the Hornet. Even if you got an answer from ED what would that change? I'm not a 3D model maker, or a script writer, there for saying "We have 6 people working on this!"

doesn't answer any questions for me. Work load, complexity, bug fixing, making sure bug fixes don't cause new bugs all need to be thought of. This, to me and IMO, makes this kind of thread useless.

Because we advance faster with a team rather than alone. And if it's not important, why not specify it?

Edited by hanab

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4035560&postcount=215

We know many users are concerned about progress on the Hornet with everything else going on, but we can assure you that we are still hard at work on getting the Hornet completed. Currently, AGM-62 ‘Walleye II’ is making good progress, but we need to develop a new man-in-the-loop data link from scratch for this. This is taking a lot of the team's time currently. When this new tech is completed though, it can later be used for the SLAM and SLAM-ER. As well, this week Range & Bearing Launch mode (R/BL) was added for internal testing for the Harpoon, as well as POP and SKIM options added to Terminal Mode, these should be coming to an Open Beta release very soon.

Very much so abandoned

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Dude really?

Its been getting regular updates each month.

giphy.gif

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• ED Team
hi,

ED has always told us that the development of the hornet was not stopped and that the systems took time to finish because they were complex. The team worked hard to add or finish them. So in order to help ED and stop the fears of the players on the development of the hornet, I twice asked ED to give the number of people working on this plane (here and here).

This would have reassured us of the importance for them on this project. As they did at the beginning of the year, talking about the 4 engineers and their systems.

Unfortunately BIGNEWY (whom I thank) asked but without a answer from the company. Wags unfortunately ignored my request.

What conclusions can we have?

If the team was important, it would have been logical to communicate by confirming the 4 or more engineers working on it. But unanswered, we can imagine that the team is very small which explains the lack of new systems for weeks. This can also be explained by the number of projects developed at the same time by a small company as the producer says (here ).

For my part, I don't know what to think about all this. I'm starting to get tired of this lack of communication.

I hope to have an answer before a CM warns me, closes or removes the subject. Because for now it's their answer.

Thanks

Hi hanab

You have been told already the project is not abandoned, we wont be giving out the details of the teams and where they are working it is not necessary.

Be assured work continues on the hornet even with the the viper on the horizon, but also realise we are in early access for the hornet still, it is a long process and we update you with as much as we can when we can.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2