How complete is the Hornet module

sackman

you forgot the viper systems too ..... there must not be more than 4 engineers to do all this at the same time.

It may be long

4 on Hornet...... and others on Viper or do you think meanwhile the hornet system has been build the viper develop has stalled or viseversa? :music_whistling: ED has changing the engineer from one to another project week to week? :doh:

Remember..... otherwise 2 weeks ago.

F/A-18C:

Next weapon coming has the AGM-62 Walleye and on paralel work on TWS radar, air to ground mode radar, more modes for HARM and GPS weapons JDAM and JSOW

F-16C Viper

working on art about gear, underside, on cockpit behind the ejection seat. About systems CCIP, CCI Bombing, staffing, next coming rockets, stored managed systems SMS, tunning the flight model , and start the academic videos in the cockpit.

Diferent projects, diferent personal.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t know who and how many is working on their projects. But when there was only the hornet he was only 4. now because of the viper, there must be less

Because they can't hire new people, right? You do know, that the Viper is partly made by ED S.A., right? Fact is: you don't know how many people are working on what in the modules, so stop guessing.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Going back to the main topic, friend, I think the hornet is an incredible module and worth every penny.

It is an easy-to-fly plane for a player who is returning to the world of simulators and who wants to start using complex high-fidelity modules.

You have access to operations from bases on land or from aircraft carriers, all weather and air-air / air land.

Maybe he is not a murderer in the air by nature as an F-15 but his sensors and integrated avionics make it easy to expand your SA and in good hands it is a very lethal plane in the air.

It is a lot of fun in ground air attack, currently has enough to go out to destroy SAMs, make CAS or ground attacks precise or not.

To lengthen it so much, I think that the advance that the hornet currently has is enough to give you time in your learning curve to learn and master the current weaponry and functions before the next ones arrive and the module is about to be completed.

100% recommended now and I'm sure it will be even better later

The latest weekend news only confuses even more.

The only thing which confuses me everytime is the way they post them. It sais it has been posted on 09-13-2019, 11:16 AM, but I can guarantee that It wasn't even there when it was 09-14-2019 already, some hours after midnight (GMT +1 + DST). Looks like they write up the stuff in advance, but move them out of some secret vaults later on, sometimes even on Saturdays. I'm always waiting for the Friday news and pressed my MiG28 key to death yesterday to no avail... rdlaugh.png

But in the end I know the news or mini-updates will drop. They're working on the more complex stuff in case of the Hornet right now and I'm not complaining about the lack of news there and I haven't. The Viper just has more new things to show right now, other projects aren't worked on less because of that. ED isn't a small team and they have people assigned to every project to get all of them on the way. And flight sims are probably the most complex pieces of software in entertainment by a huge margin. Rome wasn't built in a day either.

The Hornet definately is and always was lots of fun. I recommend it to anyone with just a little interest in this bird. Even if it's not complete yet, theres so much to learn and do with the module, you just can't be disappointed. And everything you can learn now already gets you a step or two ahead when it's finally done twilightsmile.png

And that will happen before Windows 10 will be out of Early Access for sure, after over 4 years it's still an utter bugfest and every update introduces more issues than it fixes... icon_redface.gif

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I don’t know who and how many is working on their projects. But when there was only the hornet he was only 4. now because of the viper, there must be less

ED has some teams... (from Wags 2018 travel to HQ):

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233458&highlight=wags+moscow

-ED Moscow team (Main team)

-Mink Map team (Terrain Development Kit (TDK), Maps, objects as weapons and others, Mocap, etc)

-Zhukovsky studio (Formelly BSK) Hornet / Viper?

And of course Nick Grey and TFC (The Fighter Collection).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4036482&postcount=19468

ED has always recluting new personal...... :music_whistling:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=217832

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ru/vacancies/

Going back on original topic. For me, I don’t recommend buying the hornet until ED doesn’t have an official roadmap. This plane is nice to fly but there are far too many things frustrating with these incomplete systems.

As long as Ed will continue his hesitant annoucements (like hornet dev and vr optimization) it will be my first and last EA module.

I don’t recommend buying the hornet until ED doesn’t have an official roadmap.

As long as Ed will continue his hesitant annoucements (like hornet dev and vr optimization) it will be my first and last EA module.

:doh: If you think Ground radar technology and other system has "exclusive" by the Hornet, you has making a very bad assuption.

Going back on original topic. For me, I don’t recommend buying the hornet until ED doesn’t have an official roadmap. This plane is nice to fly but there are far too many things frustrating with these incomplete systems.

If they release a module early to keep the lights on, and apply what they learn to speed up development of future modules, I'm OK with that.

These modules take years to produce. If they did each module 1 at a time, we'd have 2-3. Instead we have 15 (by ED alone).

I don't think you're looking at the big picture.

:doh: If you think Ground radar technology and other system has "exclusive" by the Hornet, you has making a very bad assuption.

I don’t have the right to give my opinion? Even if it is different from yours.

You're part of Ed's team it's normal that you protect them

• ED Team

Early access isn't for everyone for sure, it can be a long process, the systems being implemented in the hornet for example are complex, and those more difficult system's are often the last to be finished due to their complexity.

If you are not the patient type then early access isn't for you, and it is best to wait for full release.

If however you like to be part of the process, like to give constructive feed back and watch and be part of a new module as it progresses to completion then I would say early access is for you.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The only thing which confuses me everytime is the way they post them. It sais it has been posted on 09-13-2019, 11:16 AM, but I can guarantee that It wasn't even there when it was 09-14-2019 already, some hours after midnight (GMT +1 + DST). Looks like they write up the stuff in advance, but move them out of some secret vaults later on, sometimes even on Saturdays. I'm always waiting for the Friday news and pressed my MiG28 key to death yesterday to no avail... rdlaugh.png

There's obviously something going on with time zones there. This weeks update was in my email 09/13/19 @ 11:34 AM (EDT = GMT -4), and looking at the post in the forum it shows 09/13/19 @ 5:36AM (EDT). Theoretically they could mess with the forum time stamp I suppose (no reason for them to do so), but I know when it landed in my email.

Quite the opposite!

I do recommend Hornet. Not a single WIP feature is frustrating to try, learn and use.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Early access isn't for everyone for sure, it can be a long process, the systems being implemented in the hornet for example are complex, and those more difficult system's are often the last to be finished due to their complexity.

If you are not the patient type then early access isn't for you, and it is best to wait for full release.

If however you like to be part of the process, like to give constructive feed back and watch and be part of a new module as it progresses to completion then I would say early access is for you.

100% agree with that.

I thought that buying hornet will allow Ed to go faster in development. But I was wrong.

As you say the EA is not for me, that's why I will not take this type of module.

I've.. more hours in the hornet then I'd like to admit, is it 'complete' no it's not it's a long way from it, even things that have been in for a long time still need work to be 'complete' *eyes Azimuth movement for the Radar* and a lot of systems are 1/2 there, but that doesn't mean that its not a good module already. I mean there is a reason it's one of the most flown birds because even semi complete it's still a GOOD product even if a lot of us are yes frustrated at a lot of the delays.

Based on those I know who've flown the real thing (even if it's A and B mods we fly in Aus) the flight models good, it has a few small quirks that pop up from time to time and yes there frustrating but lets be clear ED at least have been correcting bugs over time, and yes they add many when they patch the bird to add features but again its a work in progress.

You can learn the jet in it's current state and as the things a lot of us are frustrated over the lack of come in or finally get addressed correctly it just means that you can expand your learned skill set and learning to fight with out TWS etc can help when you DO get TWS.

So yeah I'd recommend it just remember that some things are known to be a little wrong and have been said that they will be fixed if there not when it hits release then we can all jump up and down and scream. But you won't honestly regreat buying the Hornet even at this point it's a good bird though if you do you'll likely join the rest of us who are frustrated at what seems to be constantly shifting priorities on the next system to be done and lack of information on promised stuff that was shown as others have said 8 + months ago which we really really could do with (the Data Cartriage please WAGS!, Flare count and the CMS not tied to the Master arm! It has it's own safety for a reason).

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

• ED Team
100% agree with that.

I thought that buying hornet will allow Ed to go faster in development. But I was wrong.

As you say the EA is not for me, that's why I will not take this type of module.

I understand.

It would never have made it go faster, but you have been supporting ED while they have worked by purchasing Early access, so thank you for that.

ED have devs working as fast as they can, there is a lot of work and as mentioned it is complex, and as we can see some task are taking longer than others, but they will get finished.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Personally I am a bit disappointed that we have to pay $79 for a Hornet module that has only a tiny dev team working on it. I'm sure they are working very hard but I mean, no wonder things are taking so long...
I do not agree on that side, i think 79 dollars are a very low price for what you get even at this point, at least on NA, Europe region countries where salaries are high enough. I would not mind at all if modules like the hornet or viper costs 100 dollars cause they deserve it.

Heck, it costs the same as a call of duty game which is ridiculous.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Personally I am a bit disappointed that we have to pay $79 for a Hornet module that has only a tiny dev team working on it. I'm sure they are working very hard but I mean, no wonder things are taking so long...

This is exactly mistake of most ED customers. They have some kind of weird idea of paying for module - giving them possibility to fly module in Mid/Late development steps and at the same time they think, that the exact money they payed will come to paycheck of developer team, providing them more hours spent on that module.

Absolute nonsence. ED company is employer and dev team are employees, they will work on that thing, ED will think its important now and for future of the company. What they think about modules already bought by many community members, still in some mid-phase of dev., I dont know. But what I know, that 99,9% of the companies have priority in business, thus money.

Someone, not me, said: "More modules, more people interested, more money on company bank account." There is something on that.

Edited by GumidekCZ

There's a reason ED is "taking it slow" with Hornet. It's attention to details. It's a complicated system (like most other 4 gen fighter jets) and I'd rather they do it "slow" and right and not quick and wrong.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

I would like to buy the Hornet module but how complete is it at this point...if not complete what things are still being worked on?

9000 hours in military and civilian IRL.

Then I discovered VR, DCS and the hornet all about the same time.

I have flown the DCS F-18C hornet for over 1100 hours in VR.

Sometimes I have to remind myself ... it is just a game!

Hornet is not complete...true. But you don't need it to be.

So much to learn.

Your biggest challenge will be finding those whom you like flying with,

to work in concert with you. Lot's of those out there...just need to find 1.

I do not agree on that side, i think 79 dollars are a very low price for what you get even at this point, at least on NA, Europe region countries where salaries are high enough. I would not mind at all if modules like the hornet or viper costs 100 dollars cause they deserve it.

$100 for a single module, what a great deal indeed...

There's a reason ED is "taking it slow" with Hornet. It's attention to details. It's a complicated system (like most other 4 gen fighter jets) and I'd rather they do it "slow" and right and not quick and wrong.

Workforce size and intent to make quality products are two different matters.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]