Doorless Gazelle?

Any chance we can get a Gazelle with no doors so we can pick up troops or pilot rescue? Maybe without the cross-support for the weapons mount? A civilian version wouldnt be bad either...

I know there was supposed to be a sniper team version coming out in the future but I dont really need the sniper team to do troop transport. You cant see the troops anyway in a Huey or Hip when transporting.

Just hoping

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wifi II mobo, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus Tuf Gaming overclocked Nvidia RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm intake fans and 4 x 140mm exhaust fans, side mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in push-pull intake configuration 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

Any chance we can get a Gazelle with no doors so we can pick up troops or pilot rescue? Maybe without the cross-support for the weapons mount? A civilian version wouldnt be bad either...

I know there was supposed to be a sniper team version coming out in the future but I dont really need the sniper team to do troop transport. You cant see the troops anyway in a Huey or Hip when transporting.

Just hoping

Me too.

Doorless and snipers would be just superb.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Im definitely not savvy when it comes to modding things but is there nobody out there that can find the file to eliminate the doors so they dont show up? I mean there is a script for closing them and we can see inside when they are open, cant we just leave them out?

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wifi II mobo, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus Tuf Gaming overclocked Nvidia RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm intake fans and 4 x 140mm exhaust fans, side mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in push-pull intake configuration 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

Im definitely not savvy when it comes to modding things but is there nobody out there that can find the file to eliminate the doors so they dont show up? I mean there is a script for closing them and we can see inside when they are open, cant we just leave them out?

I think it's against the terms of the EULA to mod the airframe. At least I'm sure I read that when the same was suggested for the Huey. Something I'd really love for sling loads in VR is a doorless huey but I digress.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

• 1 month later...

Ive been trying to add transparency to cockpit doors but have been unsuccessful. I cant imagine they would terminate your user license for making one with no doors. It would be the same as offering an english cockpit or clean glass mod, both of which are available through DCS user files...

About modding.

Please understand that modding can harm the Airbus License, as we did present them a certain product range, for which we are responsible. If someone moddifies a model or a product in a certain way, that it is a new product in its appearance, not talking about some skins or textures in first place, he does violate some laws and also rules of trust between customer and contractor, that can, under certain circumstances cause trouble on the developers side, which nobody likes to have.

I personally do dislike the idea to explain to manfacturer officials what is happening, if someone modifies a product he does not own and that might not be in favour of the license giving company.

I do not want to say this could happen, but you never know , cause manufacturers are all very different in handeling a license and the aftermath

@borchi_2b

Thanks for giving some input on this. Let me just say up front that if you thought it has a credible possibility to cause an issue for you or any other developer with current or future licensing, then I for one would not attempt to do this.

In my opinion though, removing the doors would not necessarily be "modding", the fact is many helicopters have their doors removed depending on their needs. There are numerous photos of Gazelles flying with no doors on online. I happen to think it looks very cool.

It would not entail changing the shape of any of the base models or adding a functionality or capability that did not exist prior to removing the doors.

All that being said, if you wish me not to continue this effort please just state it clearly and I would gladly respect your request and stop further attempts.

Btw, since we are on this subject...Could you update the status and expected availability of the sniper team version that was in the works?

Money

@borchi_2b

No problem, I will stop further attempts.

Don't want to cause problems.

Hope to hear some new news soon!!