From the russian forum.....

Silver_Dragon

Posted on ED russian section: (horrible translate by Google)

Something talk russian?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1924588&postcount=1543

Спешу сообщить, что в настоящий момент занимаемся переработкой физики техники, пилим двигатель, коробку передач, сцепление, гусли и все такое. Переозвучена практически вся наземка, добавлена возможность управлять Роландом. Планируется добавить в логбук вкладку СА, в которой будет вестись подсчет фрагов, потерь, точность и прочие радости. На сегодня все, удачных выходных.

--------------

I hasten to inform you that at the moment engaged in processing physics equipment, sawing engine, gearbox, clutch, harp, and all that. Pereozvucheny virtually all Ground Units, added the ability to control Roland. It is planned to add to the Logbook tab SA, which will be conducted counting kills, losses, accuracy and other pleasures. At present, all successful weekend.

and this....

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1926987&postcount=1547

Господа танкисты. Нужна небольшая помощь. Нужны цифры по двигателям и трансмиссиям танков. Скажем так начиная с Т-72 и более современные. Мощность, графики крутящего момента, передаточные числа.

-------------

Lord tankers. Need a little help. We need the numbers on the engines and transmissions tanks. Let's just say from the T-72 and more modern. The power graphs of torque ratios.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

don't speak Russian but understand quite a bit.. i would say google translated it more or less satisfyingly to get the picture.. the dude needs some help with engine specifications of T-72 tank, ..

so what is this a MOD for CA so to have more units or something.. controlling Roland.. or some 3rd party thing going on..

Спешу сообщить, что в настоящий момент занимаемся переработкой физики техники, пилим двигатель, коробку передач, сцепление, гусли и все такое. Переозвучена практически вся наземка, добавлена возможность управлять Роландом. Планируется добавить в логбук вкладку СА, в которой будет вестись подсчет фрагов, потерь, точность и прочие радости. На сегодня все, удачных выходных.

They are working on the physics of vehicles, engines, gearboxes, clutch, tracks and other things. Almost all the ground vehicles have new sounds and you can use the Roland. The are planning to add into the logbook the CA tab, with logged how many kills you do, how many losts, fire accuracy and other good things.

Господа танкисты. Нужна небольшая помощь. Нужны цифры по двигателям и трансмиссиям танков. Скажем так начиная с Т-72 и более современные. Мощность, графики крутящего момента, передаточные числа.

Dear tank drivers. We need your help. We need the engines and gearboxes technical values. From T-72 to nowadays tanks. Power, moment of inertia (or torque) graphics, gear ratios (don't know is this is the right termin).

Intel Core i5-2500K@4.7GHz | Noctua NH-D14 (NF-P12 + NF-P14) | MSI Z77 MPOWER | Kingston HyperX Fury Black 1866MHz HX318C10FBK2/16 2x8GB |

MSI N580GTX Lightning Extreme Edition (3GB, 910MHz/1195MHz) | AOC e2236Swa | Win10 64bit | Old Good Saitek X52 Pro

Virtute Duce, Comite Fortuna!

:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:pilotfly:

There are some important additions and changes coming to CA. Once they are final, we will make a formal announcement.

Bring it on. If this can get to the level of Steel Beast then I can see more takers for CA.

I do wonder though will EDGE ground detail get close to that?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

There are some important additions and changes coming to CA. Once they are final, we will make a formal announcement.

Thank you Wags, really looking forward into it.

Bring it on. If this can get to the level of Steel Beast then I can see more takers for CA.

No, they won't come.... unless the A10C module is phased out of DCS :D

interesting, doing a more simulated T-72 is of course wonderful and amazing, of course only if your side will win the air war.. if not, it will make more sense to play from tactical point of view on F10 where you decide to move units around the map, hide units (camouflage), activate SAM's according to EW radar stations and lead more of a guerrilla style warfare and if you are wining the air war obviously it would be great being in the tank and supporting the troops, leading the attack etc..

I do wonder though will EDGE ground detail get close to that?

I would love CA to be a true competitor to SBP (which, if you haven't played it, is awesome and worth every penny), but there is an enormous gap to fill to get there, even if the vehicles and ballistics become more accurate and less generic.

The most obvious element is the level of terrain detail ( by which I mean things like detailed height maps, terrain smoothing and thick tree cover) as opposed to looking like ARMA 3. Looking at the latest EDGE screenshots (as at the 8th) it's not particularly reassuring that it's going to enough of a step up to make CA playable as a tank sim rather than a strategy game/target range... SBP v3, even though it's a big step up from v2.6, has pretty workmanlike graphics, but the terrain height detail gives you enough workable hull down positions that it's possible to play, rather than the (current) CA problem of having massive open bowling green style plains and trying to do strange things behind unrealistically sharp crests in order to use them as a battle position.

Then there's things like dug in positions, obstacles, realistic artillery, proper handling of thermal signature, ricochets, tree being colideable and blocking line of sight (a key one!), improved damage model, more dynamic formation level control etc etc.... I don't know what's planned for the CA update and I don't seriously expect all those areas to be addressed, but I think they are necessary if CA is ever to become a "serious" tank sim. It's not a small job.

On the problem of mixed mode servers. It's not having the A-10 hunting you that's the problem, it's the fact that most people play with the expectation that they can respawn and re-join the fray so unless you are playing an Iraq 1991/2003 style one sided drubbing scenario, realistic threats and realistic ratios of ground to air forces (i.e. not having an infinite supply of A-10's on call for the whole of a 2-3 hour ground battle) are going to be a bit of a culture shock.

I really really want CA to be great, I'd love a serious tank sim with a realistic representation of airborne assets, but it's currently the only module that I could honestly say disappointed me and, whilst I will reserve my judgement until the announcement, I suspect that the changes will not go nearly far enough, at least in part because they would involve uneconomic engine changes.

Edited by Flying Penguin

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

• ED Team

I really really want CA to be great, I'd love a serious tank sim with a realistic representation of airborne assets, but it's currently the only module that I could honestly say disappointed me and, whilst I will reserve my judgement until the announcement, I suspect that the changes will not go nearly far enough, at least in part because they would involve uneconomic engine changes.

I will be happy if the changes made open the door for third party add-ons for more intricate simulation of ground vehicles. I dont expect that ED could make all the vehicles as detailed as the A-10, but if they can lay the foundation for outside sources to do so... that would be very interesting.

@Wags, I dont know if you can comment, but will the physics of ground vehicles (falling, rolling, getting airborne, floating in water, etc) be improved at all? or is that something more for farther down the road or not even on the radar yet?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

The CA series will very much be an iterative process.

Appreciate that and any step down that long road is a welcome one! :thumbup:

Edited by Flying Penguin

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

The CA series will very much be an iterative process.

Got to crawl before you can walk. I have a feeling that you all are laying a decent foundation for when it comes time to walk. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

maybe in between somebody can fix the acceleration axis command for ground vehicles? It's a bit silly to hold a button on the HOTAS Warthog cause they messed up the axis while adding egoshooter style button acceleration... big issue for me at least.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

+1 And for me. Really annoying bug.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

maybe in between somebody can fix the acceleration axis command for ground vehicles? It's a bit silly to hold a button on the HOTAS Warthog cause they messed up the axis while adding egoshooter style button acceleration... big issue for me at least.

I have found that if you add your own axis command for the accelerator to the input file it will work. ( this was in a much older version but it may still work)

I have found that pitch is the axis for accelerator and brake.

add it to your axis assignments of you joystick or peddels file if you want an analog gas peddel!

{combos = {{key = "JOY_Y", filter = {saturationX = 1, saturationY = 1, deadzone = 0.1, invert = false, slider = true, curvature = {0}}}, }, action = iCommandPlanePitch, name = "Pitch"},

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

thanks. will try it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I have found that if you add your own axis command for the accelerator to the input file it will work. ( this was in a much older version but it may still work)

Hi Jib,

thanks for the tip, but this was how it worked before they bugged it.

Seems the change is done in the .dll

The Egoshooter faction wanted a WASD control, where W accelerates to max and when you let go the vehicle slows gradually, so that "pumping" the W key is working similar to other titles... unfortunately that behaviour translates to the Accelerator Axis as well! As long as the Axis is moving fine, but when it is in a fixed position (e.g. max Throttle) the vehicle deccelarates slowly if you don't pull the Axis back and slowly push it up again for a near constant moving input... doh.gif

Please try if the fix behaves different in your install, but I fear it won't.

Thanks anyway.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 4 weeks later...