Su25 (not T) mirror bug

Teamasian

The Su25's top and left mirrors freeze when you look at them.

EDIT: This problem is also on the Su25T, and I just realized that there is another thread of the same issue. Sorry for my ignorance.

Edited by Teamasian

in his video they looked to be positioned in a pretty useless way too for checking behind you

I thought they are quite appropriate for a ground attack plane to a) see the damage done, and b) any AAA fire or missile trails coming your way during the climb out.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

in his video they looked to be positioned in a pretty useless way too for checking behind you

They are more suited to check what is below and rear at you, like when you fly over the targets and you start a slight turn to left or right.

But I don't really get those mirrors in most aircrafts, they are more about admiring your helmet decals or other useless thing as seeing what weapons you have hanging in the wings, like you couldn't turn your head to side and see what there is....

L-39 mirror is great. Use it all the time to keep an eye to where my wingman is or where enemy at my six is.

Mi-8 mirrors are great for landing and low-level flying. Helps a lot to see your rear when landing/taking-off from tight places (so wish that UH-1 would have something like that!).

MiG-21 rear window is great, but real pilots has said "It is great to see your vertical stabilizer is still coming with you..." so it might be "too wide".

F-14 are useless, I see only the helmet decals. Same is with Hornet, but luckily there are mods like this for some aircrafts (M2000 this time): https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=255489

Like, you have the mirror there for a purpose, to be able see your rear sector easily. Not to admire yourself, not to check your weapons, but to look back that what is moving there etc.

With Su-25 I have enjoyed from the mirrors by using them to check did I destroy the target, as you see the unit explode many seconds before you see the faint explosion. But most importantly it helps a lot to see how and where does the units scatter after your attack run, so you know where to attack on next run.

I was about to report the mirror problem in Su-25, but when Wags video came out same time and said that mirrors are getting upgrade in next update, I decided it is nothing more than waste of time to make a report as it is already likely fixed, it is based to old code and so on gets marked "Fixed" just wasting peoples work time.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

They are more suited to check what is below and rear at you, like when you fly over the targets and you start a slight turn to left or right.

But I don't really get those mirrors in most aircrafts, they are more about admiring your helmet decals or other useless thing as seeing what weapons you have hanging in the wings, like you couldn't turn your head to side and see what there is....

L-39 mirror is great. Use it all the time to keep an eye to where my wingman is or where enemy at my six is.

Mi-8 mirrors are great for landing and low-level flying. Helps a lot to see your rear when landing/taking-off from tight places (so wish that UH-1 would have something like that!).

MiG-21 rear window is great, but real pilots has said "It is great to see your vertical stabilizer is still coming with you..." so it might be "too wide".

F-14 are useless, I see only the helmet decals. Same is with Hornet, but luckily there are mods like this for some aircrafts (M2000 this time): https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=255489

Like, you have the mirror there for a purpose, to be able see your rear sector easily. Not to admire yourself, not to check your weapons, but to look back that what is moving there etc.

With Su-25 I have enjoyed from the mirrors by using them to check did I destroy the target, as you see the unit explode many seconds before you see the faint explosion. But most importantly it helps a lot to see how and where does the units scatter after your attack run, so you know where to attack on next run.

I was about to report the mirror problem in Su-25, but when Wags video came out same time and said that mirrors are getting upgrade in next update, I decided it is nothing more than waste of time to make a report as it is already likely fixed, it is based to old code and so on gets marked "Fixed" just wasting peoples work time.

I believe the mirrors in the F14 are mainly there to keep an eye on the wings/flaps state. May have read it in chuck's guide or somewhere? Can't really remember but i didn't make it up it's definitely somewhere :lol:

I believe the mirrors in the F14 are mainly there to keep an eye on the wings/flaps state. May have read it in chuck's guide or somewhere? Can't really remember but i didn't make it up it's definitely somewhere :lol:

Well, like the RIO wouldn't be there with another pair of eyes to do various checking too...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I admit I've never really used the mirror in the Mi-8 or L-39.. I'll have to try that some time.

I find the MiG-21's mirror to be incredibly useful in a dogfight and checking contrails. I've made use of the Su-25's mirrors (to successfully detect and evade SAMs), and welcome an improved eyeline.

I'm not sure what I should be using the F/A-18's mirrors for...