Black Shark Virtual Panel v.1.1 - Page 9 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-16-2009, 03:21 AM   #81
Gadroc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaD CrC View Post
DickDastardly, do you have any idea where this hanging in my main PC with BS is coming from when it is talking to BSVP on my secondary PC? Did you experienced something like this?
Is BSVP actually displaying the correct values on the gauges? Or are you getting 2 second stutters when the gauges are not working?

If the connection between Black Shark and BSVP is not working the current Export script does not set a timeout on the socket, which would cause the behaviors you've seen. If the gauges are updating properly then I'm not sure why that would be happening.
Gadroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:09 PM   #82
sobe

DD
BSVP worked on my secondary computer and it only took 4 attempts. Thanks for the advice. Now for my next question. I have an old computer that runs Win98se for older games. Would BSVP run on this computer? It uses an old 266 speed chip and Directx from long ago. thanks.
sobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:54 PM   #83
BaD CrC
ED Translator

GadRoc,

OK, I simply turned off Kaspersky internet security on primary PC, et voila! BSVP is running smoothly on secondary computer and no more hangs in BS. Video on the way.

8086K delid @5.1Ghz under EKWB Water, 2080Ti FE, 32Gb DDR4, 970Pro NvME.
BaD CrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:06 AM   #84
DickDastardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobe View Post
DD
BSVP worked on my secondary computer and it only took 4 attempts. Thanks for the advice. Now for my next question. I have an old computer that runs Win98se for older games. Would BSVP run on this computer? It uses an old 266 speed chip and Directx from long ago. thanks.
I'm not sure tbh m8 - I know the system requirements are pretty low as Mnemonic has run BSVP fine on a netbook, but I suspect a 266 might struggle. It would also depend on what graphics card your old machine has. The best way to find out would be to just give it a go.
Cheers,
DD
DickDastardly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:41 PM   #85
JG14_Smil

Send a message via MSN to JG14_Smil

"Export.lua script is always local , but if EnableExportScript = false
you cannot access to cheat posible functions : LoGetWorldObjects and LoGetObjectByID
this functions always will return nil..."

sorry if this has been covered already. The above statement from the config.lua, in a nutshell, says export.lua will always work to the local machine, regardless of "EnableExportScript = false" line. I copied this line from my config.lua, so you can see BSVP does indeed work and BSVP works in MP with my setup this way.

Making the EnableExportScript=true only allows people to 'cheat' in a MP game. So, perhaps export.lua (for cockpit building) will not be as big as a factor to MP as people were thinking in the past(?)

MP servers can leave the line set to false and that should take care of that.

Last edited by JG14_Smil; 11-18-2009 at 12:51 PM.
JG14_Smil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:34 AM   #86
G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaD CrC View Post

OK, I simply turned off Kaspersky internet security on primary PC, et voila! BSVP is running smoothly on secondary computer and no more hangs in BS. Video on the way.
nice find, how annoying, good your running smooth again

love to see more of your pit, video on the way you say?

Last edited by G3; 11-19-2009 at 08:39 AM.
G3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:17 PM   #87
talisman

Hi all. I have tried BSVP a few times but find is almost impossable to fly with it running. I am suffering from huge amounts of lag and my BS wil go from 60Fps to just under 10 - making the game unplayable.

Now i know it can be run on a second PC but really i dont want to go down that path. I was hoping that there may be some way to improove performance. I have tried turning off my firewall, and AV but still no joy.

I really love BSVP but i rear i (and many others) will never be able to use it without getting another computer running.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No - Its a Stinger - Damn.......

My Pit - http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=42253
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:57 PM   #88
CAT_101st

Send a message via MSN to CAT_101st

I had the same problem. untill I added a second a vid card 8500GT to run BSVP. It is working well but I am still gitting a FPS hit of 5-8 FPS. But oy does it look good. Going to work on gitting my rudder pedals to work right with Win 7 so I can start using that system.
Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/
TeamSpeak 3 LOGIN

Last edited by CAT_101st; 11-10-2010 at 01:37 AM.
CAT_101st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:35 PM   #89
CAT_101st

Send a message via MSN to CAT_101st

I found a way to get the program to run . I had to move the screan I am puting BSVP on had to be on my 8800GT as the 8500GT was not suporting openGL and causing crashes. I also tryed taking off the over clock on the CPU and RAM and now it is running fine. I am going thrue upping the speed of my CPU to find the stable point of theas programs runnint together.
I will be starting all over agin when I get my new (to me) 8800GT to take the place of the 8500gt hoping that BSVP will run on the second 8800gt. ten I will see how far up I can go with the OC of the CPU. 3.6GH is my max for stabilty right now. ( I realt need beter ram)
Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/
TeamSpeak 3 LOGIN
CAT_101st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:08 PM   #90
Chibawang

Interesting find, can someone on the team comment on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG14_Smil View Post
"Export.lua script is always local , but if EnableExportScript = false
you cannot access to cheat posible functions : LoGetWorldObjects and LoGetObjectByID
this functions always will return nil..."

sorry if this has been covered already. The above statement from the config.lua, in a nutshell, says export.lua will always work to the local machine, regardless of "EnableExportScript = false" line. I copied this line from my config.lua, so you can see BSVP does indeed work and BSVP works in MP with my setup this way.

Making the EnableExportScript=true only allows people to 'cheat' in a MP game. So, perhaps export.lua (for cockpit building) will not be as big as a factor to MP as people were thinking in the past(?)

MP servers can leave the line set to false and that should take care of that.
Chibawang is offline   Reply With Quote