Black Shark Virtual Panel v.1.1 - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #71
C6_Hellfrog

TheBest28, french user, did an export.lua for SIOC+BSVP+Touchpal altogether on same PC.

works fine but UV26 display not updated.

He tested networked configuration with BSVP on an other PC : but gauges lag for update is present whatever is LAN : wifi or RJ45 is the same.
Attached Files
File Type: zip export.lua.BSVP+TouchPal+Sioc_1PC.zip (20.4 KB, 240 views)
C6_Hellfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:00 PM   #72
C6_Hellfrog

Default about performance

Report of performance test and multiscreen with BS :
GillesDrone results :

I7 940
6x Go RAM
2x GTX 295, 1 Go each

BS :
1 screen: 170 fps
2 screen: 70 fps
3 screen: 30 fps
4 screen: 20-40 fps

FSX :
constant FPS whatever is the number of screens

LOFC :
3 screens ( main + TV + pit)
almost same FPS than with only one screen : 70 min to 180 fps max

EDIT : awaiting results with 5800 ATI series and Eyefinity... ? someone ? BadCrc 2x5850 ???

Last edited by C6_Hellfrog; 11-13-2009 at 10:54 PM.
C6_Hellfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:39 PM   #73
BaD CrC
ED Translator

First try with BSVP on my pit with a 22' screen mounted behind the right front panel:

Really happy with the result. BSVP running on a secondary PC. Haven't tried to connect it to my main PC yet.
I realised the clock is missing. Not a big deal though. I put the engines RPM instead, much more useful.
Will do a short movie soon once connexion to BS is set up and all my buttons programmed and checked (300+ !!)

Thanks a million times Mnemonic!!

8086K delid @5.1Ghz under EKWB Water, 2080Ti FE, 32Gb DDR4, 970Pro NvME.
BaD CrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 12:21 AM   #74
BaD CrC
ED Translator

Menmonic.
Tried to play with BSVP tonight. I launched it on my secondary PC. I put the two lua files included in the export directory and modified the export.lua file to put my secondary PC IP adress at the host= line.
I launched BS on my primary PC and loaded a mission. Everything looked fine. BSVP said it was connected. But right after I hit the "Pause" key to start the sim, I got some serious freezes, like one second OK, then 2 seconds freeze, then 1 second ok again. I nonetheless managed to go through a quick start up sequence (pushed the buttons between two freezes) and I could see the BSVP gauges moving on my secondary PC.

Tried to add launcher.exe and DCS.exe in the exclusion list of windows firewall, but I still got the freezes. Any idea?

Thanks.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:55 PM   #75
JG14_Smil

Send a message via MSN to JG14_Smil

Bad CrC: c'est formidable! it is a shame we can no longer see the Shkval in a nighttime mission after running a separate monitor!

Menmonic: Hope you don't mind another question but I am just thinking out loud..

In my example, the three right guages are run on the 'BS' host computer. If an application of BSVP had a hypothetical way to select what guages to display and I choose only those three guages, is there a chance for better FPS when running the BSVP on the BS host? I thought maybe you would know as you may have seen FPS drop as you added features.

Most of the export.lua could stay the same as a remote computer would be running BSVP to do the left side guages.

thanks

Last edited by JG14_Smil; 11-15-2009 at 09:03 PM.
JG14_Smil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #76
sobe

I want to run BSVP on a second computer on my router network. I have placed the IP address of this second computer in the export file for BSVP. Do I know run BSVP from my main computer (that will run BS) or do I run it on the second computer? If on the second computer, what IP address do I use and does the BSVP and option and export files for BSVP all go on the second computer?
sobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:40 PM   #77
DickDastardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobe View Post
I want to run BSVP on a second computer on my router network. I have placed the IP address of this second computer in the export file for BSVP. Do I know run BSVP from my main computer (that will run BS) or do I run it on the second computer? If on the second computer, what IP address do I use and does the BSVP and option and export files for BSVP all go on the second computer?
You put the export.lua I uploaded for you in the appropriate folder on your main PC (i.e. Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Config\Export) and edit it with notepad++, replacing the IP address in this line:

gBSVPHost = "192.168.123.102"

..with the IP address of your second PC (which you can determine by clicking start, run, typing "cmd" and then "ipconfig" on your second PC). Then you run BSVP on your second PC and start DCS:BS on your main PC. When you unpause a mission, BSVP should say "connected" and the gauges will work.
Cheers,
DD
DickDastardly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:50 AM   #78
sobe

Clearly stated. I will try tonight. I only wish everything was as clearly written.
thanks.
sobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:06 AM   #79
BaD CrC
ED Translator

DickDastardly, do you have any idea where this hanging in my main PC with BS is coming from when it is talking to BSVP on my secondary PC? Did you experienced something like this?

Old 11-16-2009, 02:55 AM   #80
DickDastardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaD CrC View Post
DickDastardly, do you have any idea where this hanging in my main PC with BS is coming from when it is talking to BSVP on my secondary PC? Did you experienced something like this?
No I never had this problem but I've added a post to your pit thread with a suggestion which might be worth trying. You could also try temporarily unplugging your internet cable and turning off all firewalls, anti-virus etc (check no anti-virus processes are running in your task manager as sometimes parts of an AV program continue to run even when you've supposedly turned it off). Also, check there are no other apps running on either PC which might be trying to use your network (like file sharing programs etc).
Cheers,
DD

Last edited by DickDastardly; 11-16-2009 at 02:59 AM.
DickDastardly is offline   Reply With Quote