F-16C Fox 1 capabilities MP

Simps.NL

I never understood limiting what weapons can be employed. It’s dumb, just because I have something doesn’t mean I’m good at employing them. If you wanted to place a supply limit on them and then a resupply time, that I would be okay with as that is far more realistic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think its been stated that the F-16C's radar did not support AIM-7, thats why they had to build a specific model of F-16 called the ADF model..

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_versions_article14.html

So the limit is technical, not just "We don't want to give it". The F-16C doesn't support the AIM-7. To give it support would be fiction. At that point, why not just as to give it an AIM-54 so it can compete with F-14s?

• Thanks 1

The reason to ban the 120s is mostly that it lead to "AMRAAM throwing/spamming". People shooting those things from several miles and flying home. Pilots missed the "dogfights/getting close". Even Strike/CAS aircraft now had a chance because the AIM-7/R-27 don't stop you from trading with a good placed AIM-9/R-73.

The problem is, limiting weapons is only a workaround by the community for the lack of dynamic Rules of Engagement in DCS. All fighters do magic and know on which side that aircraft is.

You want a server with more dogfights? Change the ROE, make em ID the target with their eyeball. Best example is the Cold War Server. You can't ask for more dogfights on that server. Everybody has to ID the target. People would start thinking about tactics to get an advantage at the merge, ways to intercept to get the ID first. All that stuff is missing at the moment.

We shouldn't ask for a weapon the DCS F-16 does not have. We should ask ED to not oversimplify the IFF and to give us options to manipulate it.

• 2 years later...
11 hours ago, F-2 said:

As @Tholozor said, compatibility does not equate to actual capability. The USAF F-16C that we have in DCS is not equipped with Sparrows IRL, unlike some foreign F-16Cs that do use Sparrows (Egypt for example).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg