Using CA as P&P Gamemaster. What is possible?

Larkis

Hi,

im an Gamemaster for a P&P Roleplay Group and want to try CA for Mission Design and have a feq questions what is possible and whats impossible. :smilewink:

1. I read that you could command units like an RTS. What does that mean?

For Example, i have a Squadron of 4 Su27 cold on an airfield and i want them to attack an AWACS.

Is there a way to see as "gamemaster" the whole map with all blue/red units, then i click the SU27 Icon, rightklick on the AWACs and the AI Planes do there startup, get airborne and engage the target?

Or is there the ability to give them waypoints with a defined height and target profiles? Like "Bears start, fly to koordinates X/Y and search destroy enemy carriers"?

2. Can i spawn units while mission run? For example, a player F18 shot down and i want improvise a CSAR with red vehicles try to chase down the pilot (and must be destroyed by other planes defending the pilot). Can i just spawn the jeeps somewhere and move them around? Or did i need to put 1-3 Vehicles in very area where the pilot could get down?

3. Can i control AI Units ob both sides? Like sending Blackhawks to the rescue position and on the same time, drive around red vehicles to simulate a thread to the downed pilot? Can i see the pilot on the F10 Map and maybe spawn a smoke on his side?

4. Can i place Fire Objects on the map? For example, i want a building to be destroyed, after i confirmed a hit with a recon unit, i want spawn or activate a fire/smoke element to got an visible indicator for the players that the target is destroyed.

Thats all for the start. Hope someone could help me. :) :helpsmilie:

im an Gamemaster for a P&P Roleplay Group and want to try CA for Mission Design and have a feq questions what is possible and whats impossible. :smilewink:

1. I read that you could command units like an RTS. What does that mean?

For Example, i have a Squadron of 4 Su27 cold on an airfield and i want them to attack an AWACS.

There are several CA player 'slot' types -

• Gamemaster

• Tactical Commander (Red/Blue)

• JTAC (Red/Blue)

• Observer (Red/Blue)

As a Tactical Commander (Red/Blue) or Gamemaster you can give AI units routes, set ROE and set targets.

Is there a way to see as "gamemaster" the whole map with all blue/red units, then i click the SU27 Icon, rightklick on the AWACs and the AI Planes do there startup, get airborne and engage the target?

Gamemasters can see and control unit of either side.

Or is there the ability to give them waypoints with a defined height and target profiles? Like "Bears start, fly to koordinates X/Y and search destroy enemy carriers"?

I'm not sure on that, I think control is more micro-intensive and AI units require individual route and target assignment for carriers and similar.

Ground units will engage the enemy on sight, if ROEs allow it.

2. Can i spawn units while mission run?

Not unless already setup in the ME i.e. via a radio menu script to activate "late activated" units, etc.

For example, a player F18 shot down and i want improvise a CSAR with red vehicles try to chase down the pilot (and must be destroyed by other planes defending the pilot). Can i just spawn the jeeps somewhere and move them around? Or did i need to put 1-3 Vehicles in very area where the pilot could get down?

You'd need to setup vehicles where you think you'll need them.

3. Can i control AI Units ob both sides? Like sending Blackhawks to the rescue position and on the same time, drive around red vehicles to simulate a thread to the downed pilot?

Yes, as a Gamemaster.

Can i see the pilot on the F10 Map and maybe spawn a smoke on his side?

Via CA, only if there's a JTAC vehicle near to drive and use to mark the location (smoke flares last for 5 min).

However the CTLD script has a similar function that would do it automatically.

4. Can i place Fire Objects on the map? For example, i want a building to be destroyed, after i confirmed a hit with a recon unit, i want spawn or activate a fire/smoke element to got an visible indicator for the players that the target is destroyed.

Not unless pre-configured in the ME to be triggered by an event i.e. unit health less than 50%, radio menu, etc.

A couple of youtube videos that demo CA

and a previous post from myself

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3590116&postcount=3

Edited by Ramsay
Fix typo

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080