DCS: Spitfire LF Mk. IX - Taxi, Takeoff, and Landing - Producer Note Tutorial

Raven68

Wow, takeoff looks so much smoother than BF109 / FW190.

Is it so much easier?

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

• ED Team
Wow, takeoff looks so much smoother than BF109 / FW190.

Is it so much easier?

- How do you manage to empty it so artfully?

- Achieved with training...

Edited by Yo-Yo

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

:shocking::shocking::shocking: those canopy reflections and scratches

i wish i liked ww2 era planes

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

... whaaa.. ?!?

Давай давай товарищ!! :)

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• ED Team
No subs?

- How do you manage to empty it so artfully?

- Achieved with training...

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Training video broken at testing elevators, it just sits there and does not progress any further................. bummer.................

anyone else get it to work the whole way thru?

Hoss

Make sure to follow directions. They want to test left and right up/down motion. (I got through fine)

especially when you think your doing so well until noticing the 100% assist :joystick::cry:

Been there done that lol.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 1 month later...

Thanks for that, I'll have a look...

Though, who decided in the aviation history to have such small flaps? I was surprised when I activated them... Waow... THOSE are flaps? They are really useful, that small? :)

Also, no left/right toe brake, only a general one? ^^

But despite that, this plane is really beautiful, the cockpit is marvelously designed, especially in VR, and everything is well readable even in VR...

Of course, as I didn't read any manual before trying to take off with that, my takeoffs are near crash, and my landing are definitively crashes (also in 2.0 I'm unable to find the airfield I started on, so I tried to land on sand, with no success for now ^^)

Hope they'll put the lessons in 2.0 soon :)

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

I cant taxi with the spitfire... She breaks out to the left... Not a normal taxi with spirtfire possible.. I m so dissapointed!

Welcome to the forums Valen,

Don't get to frustrated with her, not sure how long you have been flying sims for? This here is as real as it gets on PC, so it will take some practice and then some more practice just like IRL.

To engage either of the individual wheel brakes for turning on the ground, the rudder pedal is first depressed in the direction of the desired turn and then the brake lever is pulled until the brake engages.

You need to practice this braking behavior as the spit has a different way of braking compared to other aircraft. You will need to use the braking while taxing, the start of the takeoff run and when the speed becomes slow enough when landing, when the rudder has no effect. Read the Essay's at the top of the thread, very good read.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

• 3 years later...