AFAC lasing a static object (building) - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-16-2019, 11:40 AM   #11
Habu_69

Indeed, the mission creator could place a static building target, which a JTAC could designate.
Habu_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:44 PM   #12
Hardcard

@Habu_69

Afaik, ME JTACs can't designate statics, they only designate groups.

As for CTLD, I've never used it, but according to the documentation, it can't be used to lase buildings (I assumed it meant any building, statics included).

That's why I wrote the MOOSE script
Hardcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:52 PM   #13
Rockrend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcard View Post
I've managed to make a predator drone "buddy lase" a static building (garage) for a Su-25T client, using MOOSE.

The script includes a simple F10 menu to call for laser designation and to check designation status... the lasing time is randomized, btw.

I don't see why it shouldn't work with other aircraft, provided the correct laser frequency code is used.

Test mission + script file attached.

If you find problems with it (or need further explanation), let me know

Here's the raw script, btw:
Spoiler:
local ClientGroup = GROUP:FindByName("Client")
local LasingPredator = UNIT:FindByName("Predator")
local GarageStatic = STATIC:FindByName("Garage")
local LaserFreqSu25T = 1113 -- This laser frequency code works for the following missiles: Kh29L, S-25L, Kh-25ML. Weapon launch override must be used for them to fire, though!
-- (I believe that 1688 works for GBUs in the A-10C, not sure about the Hornet, though)

local function LaseGarageRandom()

if LasingPredator ~= nil and GarageStatic:IsAlive() then

local TimeTable = {120, 180, 240, 300, 360}
local RandomTime = TimeTable[math.random(1,5)]
local RandomTimeMinutes = RandomTime / 60

LasingPredator:LaseUnit(GarageStatic, LaserFreqSu25T, RandomTime)

MESSAGE:New("Predator is lasing!\nPredator laser frequency = "..LaserFreqSu25T.."\nLasing will be active for "..RandomTimeMinutes.." minutes!",10):ToGroup(ClientGroup)

else

MESSAGE:New("Garage has already been destroyed\nWon't lase the rubble! ^^",10):ToGroup(ClientGroup)

end
end

local function LaseGarageCheck()

if LasingPredator ~= nil then

if LasingPredator:IsLasing() then

MESSAGE:New("Predator is lasing Garage!\nPredator laser frequency = "..LaserFreqSu25T,10):ToGroup(ClientGroup)

else

MESSAGE:New("Predator isn't lasing anything right now!",10):ToGroup(ClientGroup)

end
end
end

GarageStatic:HandleEvent(EVENTS.Dead)

function GarageStatic:OnEventDead(EventData)

if EventData.initiator == GarageStatic:GetDCSObject() then

MESSAGE:New("Garage has been destroyed!",10):ToGroup(ClientGroup)

end
end

PredatorMenuRoot = MENU_GROUP:New(ClientGroup,"AFAC Predator Menu")
LaseGarageRandomCommand = MENU_GROUP_COMMAND:New(ClientGroup, "Lase Garage (Random)", PredatorMenuRoot, LaseGarageRandom)
LaseGarageCheckCommand = MENU_GROUP_COMMAND:New(ClientGroup, "Lasing Status?", PredatorMenuRoot, LaseGarageCheck)
Excellent....thanks very much.
Rockrend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:55 AM   #14
Majinbot

Quote:
@Habu_69

Afaik, ME JTACs can't designate statics, they only designate groups.

As for CTLD, I've never used it, but according to the documentation, it can't be used to lase buildings (I assumed it meant any building, statics included).

That's why I wrote the MOOSE script
I edited a bit your lua but I need to add a "MESSAGE:New" with the static coordinates for the Hornet with the two decimal. I did it with Ctld but I'm not an expert on Moose. THX
Old 05-17-2019, 11:01 AM   #15
Hardcard

@Majinbot

If you want to get the LL DDM coordinates of the static building, add the following lines to the script:

Spoiler:
local GarageCoordinatesLLDDM = GarageStatic:GetCoordinate():ToStringLLDDM() -- This will get the LL DDM coordinates for you. Add this line towards the beginning of the script, after the laser code variable, for example

-- Then you can either create a new message containing only the variable, like this:
MESSAGE:New(GarageCoordinatesLLDDM, 20):ToGroup(ClientGroup)

-- Or concatenate the variable in already existing messages, like this:
MESSAGE:New("Predator is lasing!\nPredator laser frequency = "..LaserFreqSu25T.."\nLasing will be active for "..RandomTimeMinutes.." minutes!\nTarget Coordinates = "..GarageCoordinatesLLDDM,20):ToGroup(ClientGroup)

MESSAGE:New("Predator is lasing Garage!\nPredator laser frequency = "..LaserFreqSu25T.."\nTarget Coordinates = "..GarageCoordinatesLLDDM,20):ToGroup(ClientGroup)

If you want to get the LL DMS coordinates of the static building, add the following lines to the script:

Spoiler:
local GarageCoordinatesLLDMS = GarageStatic:GetCoordinate():ToStringLLDMS() -- This will get the LL DMS coordinates for you. Add this line towards the beginning of the script, after the laser code variable, for example

-- Then you can either create a new message containing only the variable, like this:
MESSAGE:New(GarageCoordinatesLLDMS, 20):ToGroup(ClientGroup)

-- Or concatenate the variable in already existing messages, like this:
MESSAGE:New("Predator is lasing!\nPredator laser frequency = "..LaserFreqSu25T.."\nLasing will be active for "..RandomTimeMinutes.." minutes!\nTarget Coordinates = "..GarageCoordinatesLLDMS,20):ToGroup(ClientGroup)

MESSAGE:New("Predator is lasing Garage!\nPredator laser frequency = "..LaserFreqSu25T.."\nTarget Coordinates = "..GarageCoordinatesLLDMS,20):ToGroup(ClientGroup)

Last edited by Hardcard; 05-17-2019 at 11:08 AM.
Hardcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:04 PM   #16
Majinbot

Quote:
@Majinbot
Thank you